Star on Mosin 91/30?

PDA

wolfe28
April 25, 2007, 01:32 PM
I have recently seen a few Mosin/Nagant's with the soviet star on the top of the reciever. The reciever was the rounded type, and there were no other marks on the reciever (unlike most of the others I have seen, which have several markings for: where produced, armor, year....). Any info on these?
Thanks,
D

If you enjoyed reading about "Star on Mosin 91/30?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nwilliams
April 25, 2007, 01:59 PM
The star designates Tula manufactured (which is good) Here's a link that will help you decifer Mosin markings.

www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/mosin_nagant_markings.asp

DMK
April 25, 2007, 08:41 PM
That big Tula star just looks so cool on those commie rifles. :)

Hoppy590
April 25, 2007, 09:49 PM
I have recently seen a few Mosin/Nagant's with the soviet star on the top of the reciever. The reciever was the rounded type, and there were no other marks on the reciever (unlike most of the others I have seen, which have several markings for: where produced, armor, year....). Any info on these?
Thanks,

sounds like a "sanitized" tula. sanitization is an interesting topic. as it normaly done to rifles that have had several upgrades, or have had excessive proof stamps. a round reciever 91/30 shouldnt really be either. a 91/59 or 91/38 would be more likely. il look and see if i cant find anythign

If you enjoyed reading about "Star on Mosin 91/30?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!