Kriss Super-V .45: What else it may lead to?

PDA

Braith-Wafer
April 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
This weapon uses Delayed Blowback that channels the recoil force downwards to improve handling and accuracy.

http://images.military.com/stpics/SoldierTech_KRISS.jpg
http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg96-e.htm

I was thinking if there was a version that fired 5.56 NATO rounds, It would lead to an Assault rifle that may replace the M16 series.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kriss Super-V .45: What else it may lead to?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jrfoxx
April 26, 2007, 02:54 AM
that is one strange looking, UGLY gun......

NukemJim
April 26, 2007, 08:38 AM
that is one strange looking, UGLY gun......

Yes it is. There are some vid clips of people shooting it though that made the idea appear to possibly be usefull.

Or it could be another Dardick.

Only time (and performance) will tell.

NukemJim

hacksaw
April 26, 2007, 10:26 AM
Looks like a Wagner Power-Painter with a real bad attitude!

CypherNinja
April 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
Holy crap, can you imagine the attention that thing would attract at the range? :D

cbsbyte
April 26, 2007, 02:30 PM
How come the picture above looks nothing like the Kriss shown in the link?

mdao
April 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
Because the picture is of the older Kriss, while the article is of more recent prototypes. The general form of the mechanism is the same, the newer one just looks more like a conventional SMG.

Geronimo45
April 26, 2007, 02:47 PM
Maybe an earlier prototype?

Wish they'd make one that ran with a magazine folks already had. Thompson mag, to be precise. Cheap and readily available. High capacity, too.

That's a nice size, I reckon, for tankers - in the World.guns.ru site's prototype, that is.

Apparently a five inch barrel. I think the muzzle racket would be extremely painful with 5.56. I reckon the gun would do nicely for VIP security details.

Davo
April 26, 2007, 03:52 PM
Get A Wagner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin
April 26, 2007, 04:05 PM
I would be interested in trying one of these things out. Word is that there is very little muzzle rise.

Crunker1337
April 26, 2007, 04:05 PM
A Kriss 10mm would be neat.

skud_dusty
April 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
My reaction was as follows:

:eek:

:uhoh:

:barf:

coelacanth
April 27, 2007, 04:15 AM
have suddenly begun experiencing nightmares. . . . . :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Kriss Super-V .45: What else it may lead to?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!