Eureka!! I've got it! The answer to why would an honest person need an assault rifle?

PDA

Horsesense
April 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
Q) Why would an honest person need an assault rifle?

A) Obviously you have never Heard of Lynch mobs, hanging people because of the color of their skin.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eureka!! I've got it! The answer to why would an honest person need an assault rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kfranz
April 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
As soon as you accept the "need" argument, you've let the pinkos win. Never let the pinkos win.

30 cal slob
April 25, 2007, 05:48 PM
zombies, both foreign and domestic.

Horsesense
April 25, 2007, 05:49 PM
I stand corrected. Good point. :)

RIDE
April 25, 2007, 05:49 PM
A) Obviously you have never haired of Lynch mobs, hanging people because of the color of their skin.

What does "haired" mean... are you referring to whether or not the individual is bald???

A better answer is: "Because it is a God given right, and protected under the 2nd Amendment."

Followed by the question: Why do you need to have an opinion?

Horsesense
April 25, 2007, 05:57 PM
In an attempt to redeem myself, this is the post, I made in a debate with an anti, on another board and where I got the idea. :o

"The wrong people should not possess guns and the wrong people should not drive cars. Anybody who wants to get near a car or a gun should be properly trained and if, during the course of that training, doubts arise as to the skill or intent of the potential operator, appropriate action should be taken"

Lets look at that, suppose that in a few years it came to pass that radical environmentalists gained control ( the way George Bush has taken control) Now, suppose that they began denying requests for drivers licenses because you are likely to abuse your license by releasing unnecessary carbon. You say, I don't intend to drive at all.... I just want it in case there is an emergency and I needed to drive my child to the Hospitable. they say "you can call the ambulance, if there is an emergency"

Lets look at recent history in the American South. Corrupt police and Republican Sheriffs have supported KKK lynchings, whippings and worse. You as a black father, decide that you will get a gun to protect your family....your neighbors do the same.... the powers that be, outlaw N...town Saturday night specials (the only gun you can afford), place an exorbitant tax and registration requirements on guns that could mow down a whole lynch mob. Would you like to tell someone in his shoos that the local firearms office has denied his request for a gun license because they are suspicious of his motives?*

Driving a car is a privilege and owning a gun is right. You could, I suppose, own and drive a car on your own land, but if you want to drive it on land that was taken from individuals for the purpose of creating roads for the masses, you need to submit to certain regulations such as drivers license etc.

CNYCacher
April 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
Eureka!! I've got it! The answer to why would an honest person need an assault rifle?

http://www.larian.com/Site/artwork/blackzombie.gif

MrDig
April 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
Well because I'm an honest person of course, you wouldn't want dishonest people having them would you?

BigG
April 25, 2007, 06:14 PM
the pursuit of happiness... I believe, is all the reason I need. ;)

Mr White
April 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
I don't need an assault rifle. But isn't this a great country where I have the undeniable right to have an assault rifle?

This comeback gets under their skin like you wouldn't believe!

Afy
April 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
I would agree with you...

I am Indian BTW...(the original variety) :neener:

Pilgrim
April 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
Lets look at recent history in the American South. Corrupt police and Republican Sheriffs have supported KKK lynchings, whippings and worse.
I think you are a victim of revisionist history. In the era you are talking about, Republicans couldn't even get elected as dog catcher.

Pilgrim

ozwyn
April 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
due to an accident of evolution we were not born with assault rifles attached to our bodies.

It may be a burden to bear having to buy an assault rifle when God and Nature should have conspired to evolve us proper armaments, but still we carry on :neener:

this then allows you to submit that NOT letting you have an assault rifle is like taking the wheelchair away from someone who cannot walk.

but I am a wiseass.

less silly responses:

Assault rifles prevent assaults on your life and property. Remember Katrina, the LA riots, and countless other examples which run about once a decade in the US and a heck of a lot more often worldwide where you watch it unfold and say "I wouldn't want to be in THAT unarmed".

And I am sure if you did some more digging you would find it is indeed just about every 10 years between such events. So... own a assault rifle, heck own any firearm and be ready in case your piece of the country gets its turn on the "decade disaster" of choice where you KNOW you have to defend yourself.

SomeKid
April 25, 2007, 06:32 PM
I generally have the need conversation with women, so this one shuts them up quick.

Do you need to wear lipstick? Or have your ears pierced? No, but this country rocks in that you are free to do as you please, given that you do not violate anyone else's rights. Are you against my rights to be a free man?

Crunker1337
April 25, 2007, 06:39 PM
Afy - sup, my compatriot?

I "need" one because I want one. And you can't give me a reason why I should not be able to have one.

obxned
April 25, 2007, 06:46 PM
I don't need an assault rifle, but there is no justification for preventing me from owning one if that is what I want and I buy it with my own money.

There is no reason anyone needs a Rolex when a Timex works just as well. No one needs an expensive wardrobe when jeans and a t-shirt work just as well. Nobody needs an expensive or fast car when most of the time a bicycle, a moped, or shoe leather would work just as well.

Congress does not need to be using the Capitol or the Rayburn office building when there are plenty of unused warehouses. There is a double-wide for rent near here that could be used instead of the White House.

So where the he!! do people get the notion that there have a right to tell me how to spend my own hard-earned and heavily-taxed money?

Evil Monkey
April 25, 2007, 06:54 PM
Why do you need an assault rifle?

Because I'm a human being and a free one at that.

ingram
April 25, 2007, 06:58 PM
Because otherwise my gang would deny me membership?

dasmi
April 25, 2007, 07:06 PM
Why does an honest person need 12 pairs of shoes? Or a sports car? Or cigars?
It isn't about need. It's about want. I want an assault rifle, the government has no right to say I can't have one. Period.

geekWithA.45
April 25, 2007, 08:38 PM
3 reasons:

Life: It protects mine.
Liberty: There is no Liberty without it.
Happiness: Owning it makes me happy.

nra-life-member
April 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
assault rifle
I do not consider the rifles the honest citizen buys as assault rifles. To me an assault rifle has more then one mode of fire. These so called assault rifles we purchased are just dressed up semi-autos..

GrizzlyGraves
April 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
Q) Why would an honest person need an assault rifle?

A) What's an assault rifle?

I like to turn it around on them. They try to back me into a corner with an illogical question and I have them define an illogical term. See if anyone can define it for you. :cool:

Mauserguy
April 25, 2007, 10:22 PM
"Corrupt police and Republican Sheriffs have supported KKK lynchings, whippings and worse."

Actually, historically, the Democrats have been the party of racism. The Republicans were the party of Lincoln. It is very important to understand the historical roots of today's idealism. It helps explain current policies.
Mauserguy

Titan6
April 25, 2007, 10:27 PM
I totally agree. No honest man needs one. As soon as all the governments of the world give up theirs (as they are all clearly dishonest or else they would not have them) I will give up mine.

I am not really holding my breath for that though...

MikeRussell
April 25, 2007, 10:29 PM
Let's see...

Because I want one and because I can afford it.

Those are the only reasons I need. ;)

MrGarabaldi
April 25, 2007, 10:31 PM
the Republicans were elected in the south only during reconstruction. After the union troops left, all the republicans were voted out at the next elections. We here in the south got our first republican governor since reconstruction just got reelected to a second term.

y'all have a good one

Bob

benelli12
April 25, 2007, 10:59 PM
the pursuit of happiness... I believe, is all the reason I need.

AMEN :)

44AMP
April 26, 2007, 12:53 AM
Whenever someone brings up "why do you need an assault rifle" just look them straight in the eye and say "You've got the name wrong. It's a PREVENT ASSAULT RIFLE!"

And take it from there!

ssr
April 26, 2007, 01:01 AM
Umm. To defend oneself, for sport, for competition, for hunting, for varmint removal, for defense from foreign occupiers, for revolt against oppressive government, for enjoyment of shooting and enjoyment of our RIGHTS.

collateral
April 26, 2007, 01:09 AM
Because otherwise my gang would deny me membership?

hahahahahahahahaha

Why do I need one?
A. God created me free, and there is paperwork that says I am to stay that way, the Constitution.

B) For every gun in my possession, I know there is one less gun that will make it into the wrong hands.

pdowg881
April 26, 2007, 01:12 AM
Q: Why does someone need an assault rifle?

A: Why does someone need a sports car?

That what was I said to my friend and he understood it right away.

rangerruck
April 26, 2007, 04:02 AM
well, i've noticed, that in the past 50 years, all these shooting sprees seem to occur where people are not known to have, or by law can't have, guns. Going all the way back to the tower shootings at U. of Texas.

svtruth
April 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
summed it up in testifying before congress. She told (IIRC) Schumer "to protect me from people like you."

romma
April 26, 2007, 09:07 AM
To thwart machete massacres of the kind that happen in places that don't have assault rifles.

cwmcgu2
April 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
Hmmmm....
..... I need an assault rifle because the 2nd Amendment was intended to ensure that the American people would be sufficiently armed so that they could easily band together to overthrow the government should need arise. That meant a flint-lock musket when they wrote the Bill of Rights, now it means an assault rifle. I need one because it is my Duty as an American citizen to OWN one.

armoredman
April 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
Q. Why do you need an assault rifle?

A. Who are you to question me thusly? Do you believe that your question makes you morally superior to me? You are being very discriminatory and close minded, aren't you? Perhaps you need diversity training.

mpmarty
April 26, 2007, 12:57 PM
Q: "Why do you need an Assault Rifle?"
A: I don't thank you, I already have three.

Geronimo45
April 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
why would an honest person need an assault rifle?
In case the dis-honest come a-knocking.

secamp32
April 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
I say "Any Jewish person that doesn't have one just hasn't been paying attention" Unfortunately most have been conditioned all their lives to be prey and can't grasp the truth.

230RN
April 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
To defend myself against King George.

Or King Bill.

Or King George Sr.

Or King Ronald.

Or King Jimmy.

Or King Gerald.

Or King Richard.

Or King Lyndon.

Or King John.

Or King Dwight.

Or King Harry.

Or King Franklin.

Or King Calvin.

Or any other pretenders to a Throne.

jrou111
April 26, 2007, 03:05 PM
I think the more logical question is:

"Why would anyone in their right mind not WANT an assault rifle?"

DMK
April 26, 2007, 03:17 PM
I generally have the need conversation with women, so this one shuts them up quick.

Do you need to wear lipstick? Or have your ears pierced? No, but this country rocks in that you are free to do as you please, given that you do not violate anyone else's rights. Are you against my rights to be a free man?That argument doesn't shut them up. They immediately counter with "lipstick, piercings and tattoos weren't designed to kill".

cwmcgu2
April 26, 2007, 03:57 PM
That argument doesn't shut them up. They immediately counter with "lipstick, piercings and tattoos weren't designed to kill".

Well at least lipstick was designed to kill... come on haven't you ever heard the phrase "looks that could kill"?:neener:

Lupinus
April 26, 2007, 09:24 PM
because I feel like it

Lashlarue
April 26, 2007, 09:37 PM
Lets look at recent history in the American South. Corrupt police and Republican Sheriffs have supported KKK lynchings, whippings and worse. You as a black father, decide that you will get a gun to protect your family....your neighbors do the same.... the powers that be, outlaw N...town Saturday night specials (the only gun you can afford), place an exorbitant tax and registration requirements on guns that could mow down a whole lynch mob. Would you like to tell someone in his shoos that the local firearms office has denied his request for a gun license because they are suspicious of his motives?*

When the KKK was in their hayday the south was democratic, only in recent years has it turned Republican. Get your facts straight , you might look up the term dixiecrats very popular when I was growing up. Those were liberal left wing democrats that did all those bad things.

gyp_c2
April 26, 2007, 10:06 PM
...that's easy http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif
...because I'm sick of this semi-auto craze that's infected everyone...
rock and roll, with selector, or full-time...the return to sanity...
http://emoticons4u.com/violent/sterb126.gif

GrizzlyGraves
April 26, 2007, 10:42 PM
Who are you to question me thusly? Do you believe that your question makes you morally superior to me? You are being very discriminatory and close minded, aren't you? Perhaps you need diversity training.

:D Nice one.

Pax Jordana
April 26, 2007, 11:14 PM
"why do you need an assault rifle?"

**crickets**

**pj continues loading mags**

Bob M.
April 26, 2007, 11:30 PM
It's not a "need", It's because I have the right to...Simple as that.

-----------------------------------------------
Remember....It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs

Tinmancr
April 26, 2007, 11:40 PM
Exactly what are we calling an assault rifle?
Unless it just changed in cali and a number of states you can't "legally" even have hi cap mags.
How then would one get an "assault rifle"?
I have heard a mini14 called an assault rifle, so again I ask for your definition of such.
With a class 3 or a you can have full auto weapons in AK.
Only downside is atf, batf can raid your house any time they get antsy.
But hey why not they are a lot of fun, or so I've heard.
Semi-auto is good for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Eureka!! I've got it! The answer to why would an honest person need an assault rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!