Is Midway USA a good vendor?

PDA

Milkmaster
April 25, 2007, 09:38 PM
I have never bought anything from Midway USA. Are they a reputable supply?

They have a Speedfeed Monte Carlo buttstock for my Winchester 1300. Several vendors have one for about the same price. Midway is just the vendor I picked out of the group first. Cabela's has it also. Are they any better?

Thanks for the opinions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is Midway USA a good vendor?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wrc
April 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
They have decent prices, decent stock, and ship quickly. Their return process is not problematic. They are easy to order from.

PTK
April 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
MidwayUSA is the best in my experience.

OldBillThundercheif
April 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
Their ammo prices are insane (usually at least double what other internet sellers charge), but I have no complaints at all about their gun-parts business. I buy obscure and hard-to-find ammo from them when nobody else has it but I'm constantly buying springs, parts, and cleaning products.

All-in-all they are pretty good.

CB900F
April 25, 2007, 09:45 PM
Milkmaster;

Yes, they are very reputable and very good. Their shipping notification & documentation that allows you to track is second to none.

900F

browningguy
April 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
Also if you have a C&R license you get their dealer discount.

realmswalker
April 25, 2007, 09:53 PM
I have always had very good dealings with midway.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
April 25, 2007, 09:55 PM
I've probably ordered something from them at least one a month for the last 3 or 4 years----lately its been every 2 weeks----always comes promply--as ordered.

A lot of times they have the best price--if not the cheap shipping makes up for it----they have a lot of the odd --hard to find stuff I'm usually looking for.

Good people.

Titan6
April 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
Fast, reliable and cheap. I do not buy ammo there, only parts and accessories. Sometimes Sportsman's Guide is cheaper but not normally.

DomMega
April 25, 2007, 10:09 PM
I only use midway and cheaperthandirt. Although as I slowly purchase concealment items I often to go macgills.com or masterofconcealment.com for the good stuff.

jpk1md
April 25, 2007, 10:12 PM
Midway is top notch along with AIM.

cslinger
April 25, 2007, 10:13 PM
They are a bit pricey without an FFL of some type but they are absolutely top notch in terms of shipping, supply, customer service etc. Buy with confidence.

tbtrout
April 25, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yes you will not be dissapointed.

TooTaxed
April 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
I have bought a lot from Midway...but I generally compare their total price whipped with Graf & Sons, whose prices are generally somewhat higher, but Graf pays the freight. Graf also has hard to find cartridge cases for reloading you can't find elsewhere...and at very good prices.

Deanimator
April 25, 2007, 10:33 PM
Never had a problem with them. I've bought a lot of bullets, cases, cartridge boxes etc. from them lately. Everything as expected.

SouthpawShootr
April 25, 2007, 10:35 PM
Always treated me right. I spend roughly about $800 or so a year with them.

stevekl
April 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
They're the best. I pay for standard shipping and they always get it to me the day after.

I think I'm scamming them somehow.

LaEscopeta
April 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
Is Midway USA a good vendor?Yes.

Are they a reputable supply?Yes.

Are they [Midway] any better [than Cabela's]?I don't know.

As others have posted above, Midway may not have the cheapest prices (even their sale prices) but they are mostly good prices, you know what you are getting, when you are getting it, and returns are not a problem.

marklbucla
April 25, 2007, 11:01 PM
19 posts and not one mention of Brownell's?

I like Midway's Website better than Brownell's, but it's been running noticeably slow lately. They also don't seem to have the supply that Brownell's does; things I've wanted to order from them seem to be out of stock faster.

I order from them both more than I ought to and haven't had any problems with either. Just make sure you go to the trouble of getting your C&R FFL before you order if you can wait. The cost of the FFL in is well made up for in discounts on any order.

garrett1955
April 25, 2007, 11:04 PM
Yes Midway usa is good. I have placed a few large orders with them, always ahead of time on delivery, and fair in price. They send out a nice magazine too. Also Midway usa sponsors a bunch of gun shows I like on one of the outdoor chanels. Support them.

Edit: Sinclair Intl. has good stuff too. I have a bunch of reloading gear from them.

Werewolf
April 25, 2007, 11:18 PM
I order from Midway 5 or 6 times a year since I first discovered them a number of years ago. Prices are decent and with the exception of grips they've always had what I wanted (reloading supplies and optics mostly).

Only once was there a problem. A gun sock got damaged when I used a boxcutter to open the shipping package that was way over packed. I should have thought of that before I opened the box. I screwed the pooch but wanted to let them know that packing boxes to the point of bulging and having to use multiple layers of strapping tape to keep it closed probably wasn't the best idea - use a bigger box. When I called I explained what happened told them it was my fault and asked if they'd just provide that feedback to the shipping department. They insisted on replacing the gun sock free of charge. I insisted that wasn't necessary I it was my carelessness that damaged it in the first place. They wouldn't hear of it and after going back and forth a few times even telling them to go ahead and send a replacement but charge me the rep finally said "just hush, it's on us". Couldn't argue with that. 2 days later I had a replacement gun sock.

Now that's customer service.

Add to that that even using 7 day ground UPS I usually get my order in two days and sometimes even next day, I'd have to say Midway has my business for life.

SoCalShooter
April 25, 2007, 11:23 PM
absolutely no problems with them.

Redneck with a 40
April 25, 2007, 11:40 PM
Over the last 6 months I have spent close to $1000 with Midway.:D Bullets, primers, reloading press, pistol magazines, ect. My experience has always been top notch, super fast shipping, competitive prices. You can't beat the box of 3000 rainier 155 grain bullets for 40 S&W at $225 with free shipping. That's what I ordered last week.:D I just ordered a case of Magtech primers at $89 as well, they showed up today.:D Midway is AWESOME, I will continue to do business with them.

armedandsafe
April 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
I sent in an order to Midway for brass shotgunshells and a pack of Berdan primers. They contacted me immediately, making note that the shells I ordered used small pistol primers and was I sure about the Berdans. I assured them that the two products were not for use together and received my order the next day. They had already shipped when they sent the query and included a product return form with the primers, just in case. That is service.

Pops

MikeS.
April 25, 2007, 11:51 PM
I've shopped with them since 1992 or so. I bought a bunch of their plastic 50 rnd ammo boxes back then that are guaranteed for life. A couple years later I needed two of them replaced, they sent me three. I now have 4 of them cracked, let's see what they do. I bet I get at least 4 new ones.

fast eddie
April 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
I've purchased alot of stuff from MidwayUSA and never had a problem. :)

koja48
April 26, 2007, 12:34 AM
In my experience, Midway has been EXCEPTIONAL!

10-Ring
April 26, 2007, 12:57 AM
MidwayUSA is one of the more consistently high quality vendors out there!

ezypikns
April 26, 2007, 01:07 AM
One thing I also like are their customer reviews for each item. They seem to be honest comments. Most of them are favorable, but if someone doesn't lika a product, they'll include them too.

silverlance
April 26, 2007, 01:10 AM
midway is horrible!

don't ever buy anything from them!

let me suffer by doing all the buying!

=P

they're good, just a little pricey and the dealer discount is like 50 cents off lol

glockman19
April 26, 2007, 01:17 AM
YES. I buy from them on a regular basis.

+1:)

fatelk
April 26, 2007, 01:34 AM
A lot of happy Midway customers here.

I've ordered from them since the early 90's. Anyone remember the old newspaper style flyers they sent out? That and the free shipping they finally had to discontinue a few years ago?

My first brass tumbler I bought from them was a total piece of junk; some square box thing that really didn't work at all. They had no problem with taking it back for credit towards the better model (which I still use). Very shortly thereafter they discontinued the cheap junky model and they were never seen again. I do have a few plastic ammo boxes that have broken over the years, haven't bothered calling for replacements though.

I'm definitely with the consensus here: a great company to deal with. You might save a buck or two elsewhere but overall they are hard to beat!
Another plus- they started the NRA Roundup!

toivo
April 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
Never had a problem with them--fast shipping, always got the order right, merchandise was always good quality.

gear_merc
April 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
Midway is a very good company. I never had a problem with them. Most prices are competitive and the customer service is top notch.

Some items are in limited stock, so you might want to check with them so your not in backorder purgatory!

(The above statement could be applied to any company. DUH! :rolleyes: )

Good hunting! :p

MinnMooney
April 26, 2007, 02:54 AM
MidwayUSA is a geat place to order from but like anything else, you have to do your homework. MidwayUSA is pretty fair with their prices but you can find better deals sometimes elsewhere. I agree that MidwayUSA's website is as slow as molasis in January in Minnesota. They need an update on their catalog software.
DNRSports.com has better prices sometimes and shipping is almost always cheaper but their selection (on-line) isn't the best. Call them, though, and they'll get just about anything for you.

MinnMooney
April 26, 2007, 02:58 AM
P.S. If you call MidwayUSA on the phone, some of their operators just melt ya with their sexy, bubbly voices. Oops - Not really a pervert here, just relating what I thought.

torpid
April 26, 2007, 03:09 AM
P.S. If you call MidwayUSA on the phone, some of their operators just melt ya with their sexy, bubbly voices. Oops - Not really a pervert here, just relating what I thought.

LOL, no, I know exactly what you mean! :)

That Frank has a voice that could absolutely melt butter.
(...runs to phone order)

Gustav
April 26, 2007, 03:12 AM
In one word YES!

SNEAKS
April 26, 2007, 03:24 AM
+1 for MIDWAY.

FJC
April 26, 2007, 08:39 AM
I've ordered dozens and dozens of times from Midway USA. I've never had a single problem with any order.

They're always one of the first places I look when shopping for gun items.

byf43
April 26, 2007, 08:43 AM
Midway USA is a GREAT company to do business with.

I have to add that Natchez Shooters Supply is also TOP NOTCH!!!!!
Brownells, too.

AIM Surplus is fantastic, too.
Springfield Sporters.
Cabela's
Knoxx

There should be a 'Sticky' made/started of the best businesses to do business with! (Hint, hint!)

Radjxf
April 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
I agree with all the positives. Only negs are they seem to run out of stock or have many things on eternal backorder, and the website is SLOWWWW!
They're only a half hour from me, so I can pick up my order so those dolts at UPS don't drop-kick it all the way to my house.

Steve 48
April 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
Good products, fast service and a very reputable company. Steve48

ilbob
April 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
Over the years I have purchased stuff from Midway many times, and have no complaints at all. They have a LOT of stuff available, just about anything you might want in the shooting and reloading arena other than actual firearms. They are a reliable company, and ship stuff out quickly. I agree their prices are a little high on ammo. If ammo price is your main issue, look around the net and see what you can find for a better price.

Russ68
April 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
+1 on the good stuff about Midway... I can order from Cabelas and Midway on the same day, yet get my Midway order days ahead of the Cabelas (and the Cableas order ships from WITHIN my own state). For me, Midway is allways cheaper than Cabelas, especially because they charge me sales tax and Midway doesn't. About the only time Cabelas works better is whan I have a bunch of points to use from my Cabelas Visa and a $20 off $150 coupon...

The only complaint I have with Midway are those darn packing peanuts... I hate packing peanuts because they are static charged and get everywhere and cling to everything, leaving evidence for the wife to find after I snuck my order into the shop ;)

koja48
April 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
those darn packing peanuts.

Ha . . . made me smile . . . when my Kids were little, they called them "ghost poop."

shc1
April 26, 2007, 11:03 PM
Quality service is the worst thing I can say about them!
I had a damaged package (shipping damage). Midway replaced everything I asked for no charge.
Yes I will continue to be a customer.:D

scrat
April 26, 2007, 11:07 PM
excellent service from them.

WinchesterAA
April 26, 2007, 11:09 PM
I swear by midway for almost everything any other store doesn't have.

Speedy delivery and tough to beat prices.

Sportsman's guide, ultimak, and midway are my favorite sites.

Hazzard
April 26, 2007, 11:14 PM
I've ordered quite a bit from Midway and I'd have to give them 2 thumbs up. The are responsive, my order arrives in a timely manner, and their prices are reasonable. I've never had a problem with them. Their website is also pretty well designed and you can find waht you are looking for easily.

daysleeprx
April 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
All my experiences with midway have been great. Timely shipping and great CS.

I bought a sidesaddle for my Winchester 1300; when I put it on the gun, I didn't really like it. I packed it up and sent it back to them, and I got a refund no questions asked.

I'll continue to order from them when I can. Although for ammo, I think there are better places.

skeeter1
April 26, 2007, 11:19 PM
I've purchased from Midway on several occasions, and I have absolutely no complaints. I generally check CheaperThanDirt first, but only because I'm a member there and get a bigger discount.

mrmeval
April 27, 2007, 01:02 AM
I was going to order some stuff from Brownells, it would have been my first order with them but I checked Midway's price and their list was very low. Then my 03 FFL discount lowered it further plus a couple of the items were on sale or closeout. All totaled I saved more than 50 percent.

A friend dealt with them for their reloading supplies which I to will do as soon as I have a place to set up a bench.

IndianaBoy
April 27, 2007, 02:21 AM
Midway is good people.

I get almost all of my reloading components and gun parts from them.

Excellent and fast.

I have never had a problem.

saspic
April 27, 2007, 02:46 AM
originally posted by mrmeval
I was going to order some stuff from Brownells, it would have been my first order with them but I checked Midway's price and their list was very low. Then my 03 FFL discount lowered it further...
Don't forget Brownells also offers discounts when you send in your Curio & Relics license, as do many other vendors.
I do like that MidwayUSA sponsors firearms related tv programs. I think American Rifleman is one. Maybe it was Shooting Gallery...

fletcher
April 27, 2007, 09:26 AM
Yes. Just received some snap caps and a couple of 1911 magazines Wednesday from them. From my experience, they've always had reasonable prices and prompt shipping.

js
April 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
I've ordered a ton of stuff from MidwayUSA, no problems at all. :)

koja48
April 28, 2007, 10:56 AM
And still going strong . . . ordered Monday & received it yesterday. Birthday reminder & discount every year is a nice touch, too . . .

SapperLeader
April 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
Midway USA is top notch. The vast majority of my online shooting purchases are from Midway, Brownell's and Aim Surplus. Midway and Brownell's both offer real nice dealer deals for c&r licenses. I can highly recommend them.

hexidismal
May 4, 2007, 09:23 PM
Midway is usually the first place I look when I intend to some accessory or another, and they have gotten plenty of my money. I've had no complaints, and the shipping always seems very fast. I like the birthday discount as another member mentioned, it's that sort of icing on the cake that builds a good rep like midway's. I just dropped another two hundred bucks or so on midway this morning in fact. Went something like this "OK self, no buying anything extra get the bipod and get out.. oh well I did need a handgun scope too.. heck might as well and save on the shipping later.. and then of course I'll need some rings .. ooh and a boresighter on sale .. " Midway and Brownell's are in my opinion the top dog's for online buys.

theken206
May 4, 2007, 09:26 PM
yes very good indeed

If you enjoyed reading about "Is Midway USA a good vendor?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!