CZ 452 Scope Options

PDA

viking499
April 25, 2007, 11:28 PM
I ended up with another 452 lux this evening. I already have one I shoot with open sights. Thinking about putting a scope on this one. So......

What scope(brand and power) would you guys recommend and....

Standard rings or high rings so I can still use my open sights......

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 452 Scope Options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CB900F
April 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
Viking;

I've got a 452 American LHB. It's used to hunt Montana gophers, which are not the little stripped buggers you may be much more used to. They're about 1/2 the size of a prairie dog & are actually either Richardson's, or Cascade ground squirrels. However, 'round here they are universally known as "gophers".

In any case, shots are literally from between your feet, to slightly in excess of 100 yards, perhaps out to 125 yards. I've scoped my gun with a Nikon Monarch 3.3-10X A/O mil-dot. It's mounted in Talley rings, which fit the CZ American quite nicely & position the Nikon perfectly for me. They use the drilled & tapped holes in the reciever rather than the grooves.

Granted, this is not cheap glass. However, it's extremely effective glass & well worth the money to me.

900F

DWH
April 26, 2007, 01:15 AM
I've got a Mueller APV on my CZ452 American on BKL rings.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MAPV451440.html

GooseGestapo
April 26, 2007, 02:38 AM
I found on mine that most of the newer scopes in most rings causes the objective bell to be so low that the bolt can't be removed without removing the scope.

I ran across an older Japanese built Bushnell Banner .22 scope thats a 4x20mm.

It seems to be a perfect match for my CZ452 American sporter.

I don't use it for any really long range hunting. Mostly gray squirrels in trees/woods.

However, it's accurate enough at 50yds. With the Fiocchi Match (orange box) it'll shoot in the "2's and "3s" with no wind conditions.

Usually around .5 to .7" with most promotional grade hollow point ammo. (Winchester Xpert and Federal bulk pack).

I like a light and handy rifle to remain that way.

Hutch
April 26, 2007, 08:03 PM
Mine as the Simmons 22Mag w/ AO. It came that way, and I was much more pleased with the scope before I turned into a "scope snob". I'd like to get some Leupold glass for mine. Haven't settled on one yet.

webfoot56
April 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
I think I would go with a 4x12 or 4x16 scope and mount a weaver adapter to the grooves --which is a 3\8 for a american and use burris signature zee rings. rings will not scratch the finish of scope. You would probably have to use at least medium if not high rings for the bolt to clear. My 453 wears a cz weaver adapter, a weaver grand slam 4x14 with high burris signature zee rings.

R.W.Dale
April 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
the windage adjustment on millet angle-loc rings allows them to be used on either a STD 3/8" dovetail or the 11mm dovetail. I use them exclusively on my CZ rimfires

stormspotter
April 26, 2007, 08:28 PM
I have a Mueller APV on my Savage MKII JTV and like it very much.

Danny Creasy
April 26, 2007, 08:47 PM
your LUX is set up like my FS. Here are a couple of options:

Big scope (Weaver V-16) in high rings that are needed to enable the objective bell to clear the rear sight of the rifle:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/sheffieldshootr/452FSwithWeaver-1.jpg

Small scope (Weaver Classic Rimfire 2.5-7) in medium rings:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/sheffieldshootr/Sundayattherange-4.jpg

I prefer the second setup because the scope is lower and my cheek doesn't have to come off the hogsback stock as much.

CB900F
April 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
Viking;

No problems with scope/bolt interference with my set-up.

900F

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 452 Scope Options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!