Lee universal charging die

PDA

cracked butt
April 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
I just got a Universal charging die in yesterday which I hope to use in conjuction with my Lee Turret and a LPPM. I didn't get time to try it it yet, but I glossed over the instructions and noted something to the order of "it will take a bit ingenuity on the reloader part to adapt the charging die to whatever press they are using.

Instead of tryign to reinvent the wheel, has anyone here figured out a good way to rig up the return/reset chain to the Lee classic Turret. I was thinking about drilling/tapping a turret, installing an eye-bolt and attacting a spring to that (not sure if there would be enough travel though), but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions.

Edit: I have a Lee Autodisk Pro also, and just got a double disk kit in with my order as well, but am looking to adapt the LPPM for better metering of IMR powders in 30-06 sized or larger cases.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee universal charging die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RustyFN
April 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't think you could use a chain because the turret spins. I would think there would be some kind of linkage you could buy and hook up a return spring. Check out this thread and it might help.http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=248967&highlight=hornady+powder+measure+lee
Rusty

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee universal charging die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!