Stoned Person Buying Bullets

PDA

guntodd
April 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
I recently visited a local gun store here in CA to pick up some ammo for target shooting...

when, in walks this couple stinking of marijuana, like they had just finished smoking in the car or something. if it wasn't weed i'd be real surprised, i have smelled it plenty of times to know. i didn't really have a problem with them being stoned necessarily, but it bothered me to watch a very stoned person buy a bunch of shotgun and pistol ammo.

thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoned Person Buying Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Big Calhoun
April 26, 2007, 03:13 PM
Initial thought: I wouldn't have sold them nadda.

Hindsight thought: Are you absolutely sure it was marijuana? My brother smokes Marlboros or Newports...I forget...but I've mistaken the initial smell for marijuana a couple of times...and I'm positive I know the difference between herb and tobacco.

guntodd
April 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
I'm not absolutely sure, no. But he smelled and looked of it...plus was talking really slow and stuff. If I was behind the counter I would have just asked and seen what his reaction was, but maybe the clerk didn't have the same suspicion I did.

joab
April 26, 2007, 03:23 PM
First , were they stoned?

First you say you smelled it and then you say they were very stoned.

There is a difference, just like there is a difference between someone having a beer and buying ammo and being very drunk and buying ammo?

Is the problem your personal opinion of marijuana or is it that their demeanor told you that they were unable to make clear competent decisions on the safe handling of ammo?

My father was a devoted cheap cigar smoker, there was one in particular that my sister, the pothead, would get a kick out of because it smelled just like pot.

Afy
Must've mistaken them for twinkies....

Seriously though most pot heads I have seen are peaceniks...

Big Calhoun
Well, that is definately one difference between herb and ciggarettes...the smell can be mistaken but not the behavior. You were probably right, in which, I would stand by my 'initial thought'.

ripcurlksm
April 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
At least it wasnt a meth head.

LaEscopeta
April 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
Stoned Person Buying BulletsDon’t worry; if they are too stoned to shoot responsibly they are too stoned to work the reloading press…

MrDig
April 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
ripcurlksm "At least it wasnt a meth head."

Better odds on the fact that they were coke or meth heads than not.

strat81
April 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
First , were they stoned?
First you say you smelled it and then you say they were very stoned.
There is a difference, just like there is a difference between someone having a beer and buying ammo and being very drunk and buying ammo?
Is the problem your personal opinion of marijuana or is it that their demeanor told you that they were unable to make clear competent decisions on the safe handling of ammo?

Does it really matter? I enjoy guns and I enjoy booze but never together. Yes, even one beer can affect your judgment. When I used to ride a motorcycle, I had the same zero-tolerance policy when riding: no booze at all. And this has nothing to do with pot versus booze; I don't see the harm in either if enjoyed responsibly.

Besides, do you really want to deal with consequences of using a firearm while under the influence? Might turn self-defense into murder real quick.

pcosmar
April 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
California? Is it possible one of them had a prescription?

gunsmith
April 26, 2007, 03:41 PM
new marijuana is powerful imo it should be legal , but you were probably smelling an illegal substance.
The myth of the peaceful pot head should have been buried in the Viet Nam war.

merkaba
April 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
Must've mistaken them for twinkies....

Seriously though most pot heads I have seen are peaceniks...

rather some stoner buying shells than some crackhead/methhead .

though I'd rather only sober people buy and shoot shells and guns.

The last thing I'd want to do is get messed up on anything before shooting. I'm into improving my skills and I'm pretty sure that gets harder and more dangerous when intoxicated.

beaucoup ammo
April 26, 2007, 03:45 PM
You mentioned the smell of weed and that he looked stoned. In all probability he was. Had I been behind the counter he would not have gotten the ammo.

The "fact" he was stoned, and the real possibility they were acting on a whim and thought shooting would be a great idea while buzzed doesn't add up to anything good. Same with someone who'd been drinking as far as the retail sale of ammo to a person under the influence of anything that might impair their judgement...with a loaded gun.

vtoddball
April 26, 2007, 03:54 PM
Must have missed the part about right to keep and bear arms unless you're a pothead.

Not to mention he's only buying ammo. Do we have to p**s in a cup for that now too? Even if there is a law that says you can't sell to a "high" person, how are you supposed to know? I'm sick of these laws that shift the burden of enforcement to private citizens. An 18 year old, $5.25/hr clerk shouldn't have to worry about going to jail because he can't spot a bad ID, sells booze to a legally drunk but sober looking alcoholic whose 0.3 should have him drooling in the parking lot, or can't identify a stoned individual from 10 paces.

Mostly, I'm just surprised they had the ambition to get to a store to buy anything besides Doritos.

mp510
April 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
Even if there is a law that says you can't sell to a "high" person, how are you supposed to know
For firearms, a person who is the unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or a controlled substance is prohibited. I thougth the same applied to ammo.

Personally, if I was the proprietor, I wouldn't sell him the ammo. I would tell him to get lost, and request that he not return as well, if he was in fact in the state you describe. Selling a person who is under the influence or high is a danger, carrying a gun, especially one that's loaded, since a weapon means nothing without ammo. It's a judgement call, but I would rather loose a stoner's business than help put innocents in danger.

News Shooter
April 26, 2007, 04:32 PM
The guy was just planning on going out and taking a few pot shots:neener:

guntodd
April 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
for the record, i really could care less if they or anyone else smoke pot

but just like alcohol, it's not wise to mix with guns

ScottsGT
My father was a devoted cheap cigar smoker, there was one in particular that my sister, the pothead, would get a kick out of because it smelled just like pot.

Maybe there is more to your sisters little joke than you think! Maybe, just maybe she laced his cigars to have a little fun?? :D

DomMega
Well, I can say that Cali has some pretty crazy weed. I've had friends come out here from back east, down south, midwest, etc and the stuff out here blows their mind everytime. That being said, the smell is undeniable. It sticks to clothes like resin to a pipe, it's just there and very, very pungent.

If you say you smelled weed, I guarantee you thats what it was. Probably Kush or something, that stuff can permeate an entire sporting good section.

collateral
April 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
Mostly, I'm just surprised they had the ambition to get to a store to buy anything besides Doritos.
hahahahahaha

For firearms, a person who is the unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or a controlled substance is prohibited. I thougth the same applied to ammo.
So Alcoholics cant own firearms? They are addicted to a controlled substance, same with cigarette smokers.

I could care less if somebody smokes a joint every once in a while or drinks every once in a while. Never mix with vehicals or firearms though, and always in moderation.

pcosmar
April 26, 2007, 04:39 PM
For firearms, a person who is the unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or a controlled substance is prohibited.

Would this apply to a legal user who was not addicted?

Zundfolge
April 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
Does it really matter? I enjoy guns and I enjoy booze but never together.
Was he at the counter buying ammo or was he at the range on the firing line?

BIG difference.

I rarely buy ammo the day I intend to use it.

Neo-Luddite
April 26, 2007, 04:46 PM
Smoking is bad for your lungs. Too much dope swiss cheeses the brain and strips the neurons of myelin causing 'crossed wiring'.

That said, my only concern would be if they were engaging in a straw purchase for someone who can't buy ammo (ie. trading ammo to a dealer for dope). It just seems odd, but hey--that's why I stay out of California.:cool:

ingram
April 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
Don’t worry; if they are too stoned to shoot responsibly they are too stoned to work the reloading press…

bullets..... I lold

pcosmar
April 26, 2007, 04:56 PM
Personally, if I was the proprietor, I wouldn't sell him the ammo. I would tell him to get lost, and request that he not return as well, if he was in fact in the state you describe. Selling a person who is under the influence or high is a danger, carrying a gun, especially one that's loaded, since a weapon means nothing without ammo. It's a judgement call, but I would rather loose a stoner's business than help put innocents in danger.

BIG difference.

Perhaps he was taking them home, for home defense.
Any evidence otherwise?

kungfuhippie
April 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
No need for a law...
"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"-I like those signs, if a clerk doesn't want to sell to pot-heads then he doesn't have to. period. If he does, who cares, the stoned guy is at fault when he blows his brains out or shoots the neighbor...

It's a personal choice/freedom to be able to screw-up your brain any way you like.

Pot does screw you up-look at all the pot the baby-boomer generation smoked, that pot produced people like pelosi, feinstein, clinton, clinton II, Al Gore, Bush, Kerry, Rosie, Ted Kennedy, need I go on? Every mind altering substance has long term effects.

plexreticle
April 26, 2007, 05:02 PM
If he's over 18 and not making a disturbance then who cares if he wants ammo.

The more gun people in this country the merrier.

offthepaper
April 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
Kungfuhippie
----------------------------------
Aw man, you just blew my argument with that factoid. :D

beaucoup ammo
April 26, 2007, 05:08 PM
I've voted a couple of people out of hunting camps for the simple reason they were a danger to the rest of us. It's a tad off topic, but still in the ball park. If you're using prescription drugs ( HMO's hand out Xanax, Hydrocodone and Paxil like candy), alcohol or pot it can end in tragic consequence if there's a loaded gun in your hands.

Just as a general rule, if you ever shoot with me don't come buzzed. We can always do that later! :O) It's a simple matter of keeping the two activities seperate.

mp510
April 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
Would this apply to a legal user who was not addicted?
It would be logical that a legal, non-addicted user would be ok, but it is probably best to contact the ATF and County/state/local PD to verify.

Also, stimulants and depressants are included with marijuana and other controlled substances.

stevekl
April 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
bullets..... I lold

But seriously, the mix-up between "bullets" and "ammunition" (or "cartridges") is as annoying as the mix-up between clip and magazine.

kellyj00
April 26, 2007, 06:20 PM
We used to shoot off an abandoned bridge in the middle of nowhere when I was a teenager. We enjoyed shooting, we enjoyed drinking, we enjoyed smoking... they just kinda all went together sometimes, nobody got hurt.

We had enough trouble buying ammo as it was. Here, you've gotta be 21 to buy pistol ammo, so we'd stop at walmart and have to argue with the manager every time that the .45acp was for a Kel Tech that my buddy had. I wasn't into lying, so I convinced him to keep that worthless semi-rifle pistol piece of junk just so we could haul it around in the car to show gun shop managers that we were using the ammo for a 'rifle'. Did nothing but jam and wasn't nearly as accurate as any pistol I've ever shot... pretty bad for a 'rifle'.

I wouldn't recommend shooting match under the influence....but if you're just out for fun in an open field somewhere....

Biker
April 26, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hey, if a guy wants to burn some tree and plink at some pop cans, ain't no skin off my johnson. I'm thinkin' some folks watched "Reefer Madness" one time too many.
'Course, I'm real big on minding my own bidness. Got enough problems of my own without diggin' in to someone else's.
JMO...

Biker

Outlaws
April 26, 2007, 07:27 PM
new marijuana is powerful

Coming from a former pot head, I can say that is a misleading statement. Pot is kind of like vegetables, there have always been good vegetables, you just can't get canned and expect it to be the same as frozen. But the cost is much more prohibitive for the dank stuff so you found a lot of people not buying that, but it has become a status symbol so it has a much wider market now. But Cali and the northern coastline and Canada and a lot of islands have always had the quality stuff dating back more years than the old hippies I have known have been at it. A lot of Mexico is desert and the desert isn't the best place to grown stuff. But like everything from Mexico, its cheap.

Its not more potent in a molecular kind of way, and in fact its almost "healthier" because #1 you don't have to smoke as much, and #2 there is less chance of getting it only to find it covered in nasty chemicals.

ptmmatssc
April 26, 2007, 08:22 PM
Beat me to it .

I like the posts that talk about "those d**m potheads" etc . Kind of reminds me of " those d**m gun nuts" . They don't bother me , I don't bother them . Stoned buying ammo? Have confirmation of that, or just suspicion? I often hear people talk about "nanny states" etc , yet isn't denying an ammo purchase based on someone being "stoned" and they may hurt themselves just playing into that nanny state ?

offthepaper
April 26, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hey, if a guy wants to burn some tree and plink at some pop cans, ain't no skin off my johnson.

I don't care either, but Biker says it better. :D

DnPRK
April 26, 2007, 10:40 PM
People in altered mental states or inebriated should not allowed to buy ammo. The merchant has the right to refuse the sale on that basis.

When stoner #1 or stoner #2 "accidentally" shoot one another, who is the lawyer going to sue? Yup, the store that sold the ammo.

Biker
April 26, 2007, 10:46 PM
Altered by what? Alcohol? Pain killers? Prozak? Sleep deprivation? Maybe a low IQ?
Lemme know where to draw the line, Adolph.;)

Biker

DnPRK
April 26, 2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah smart guy, It's not about a stoner's "rights". The $2 profit on the ammo is not worth the $10,000,000 lawsuit. The store owner has a right to stay in business. Or are one of those pinkos who hates businesses?

Biker
April 26, 2007, 11:02 PM
Pinko? PINKO!!?? My God, I've just been flamed by Archie Bunker! Get ahold o' that boy, Edith!

Relax, Arch, I wasn't the one who put sand in your thong.;)

Now, can you provide some evidence showing that an ammo seller ever got sued for selling a pot smoker some ammo? This would go far in advancing your argument.

Biker

gotarheels03
April 27, 2007, 12:16 AM
Pot does screw you up-look at all the pot the baby-boomer generation smoked, that pot produced people like pelosi, feinstein, clinton, clinton II, Al Gore, Bush, Kerry, Rosie, Ted Kennedy, need I go on? Every mind altering substance has long term effects.
I highly doubt pot had anything to do with them being nutjobs, especially Kennedy with all the booze he drinks. I know quite a few people who smoke pot , both my age and from that generation and they're not all screwed up. I'd bet that quite a few of the older people in my State AG's office smoke recreationally even now, and even more did it in their youth.

ajkurp
April 27, 2007, 12:27 AM
Biker, there's good air here in Idaho- and once again you've demonstrated breathing it makes for a clear head.

May your tribe increase.

AJ

Charles W Webb
April 27, 2007, 12:49 AM
"Pinko? PINKO!!?? My God, I've just been flamed by Archie Bunker! Get ahold o' that boy, Edith!

Relax, Arch, I wasn't the one who put sand in your thong.

Now, can you provide some evidence showing that an ammo seller ever got sued for selling a pot smoker some ammo? This would go far in advancing your argument.

Biker"

Nicely said Biker. I've smoked pot a few times I must admit, but I also made sure the firearms were secured in a hard to get to way to avoid any problem. Heck I don't think I've managed to walk half way across the living room to the safe without making a detour to the fridge only to go to sleep after lol.:D

Zulljin
April 27, 2007, 12:53 AM
First post but just had to bring this up.

Everyone in my house hold smokes pot. Except me. I won't lie. I've tried it once and didn't care for it. I've grown up around and don't mind seeing it used for recreation just like alcohol as long as it's done in a responsible manner. The point I'm going to throw out there is, I'm usually around when the smoking is going on. It doesn't bother me, but I have had people smell the scent on me. I know I would hate to be thrown out of my local shop just for smelling like weed. I know you said the 2 persons in question seemed stoned, but some people act that way naturally.

P.S. I do not condone drug/alcohol use involving anything that can be used for harming a person. That means cars too. I've had friend die from being hit by a drunk driver. He was 21.

Just my .2

Chris

ripcurlksm
April 27, 2007, 01:12 AM
Weeeeeeeelcome to the High Road.

jimbob1911
April 27, 2007, 01:33 AM
I think it is all relative if you never drink and u drink 2 beers in 20 minutes you are gonna be buzzin good, likewise if u never smoke and you smoke a decent amount I am sure you will be more messed up than someone who smokes regularly. I think if you are coherent alert and acting "normal" than you are fine but I know that since I havent drank in a few years I wouldn't want to be shooting after a few beers and I am sure some people would have no problem doing that since they have a higher tolerance.

Combat-wombat
April 27, 2007, 01:48 AM
Smoking is bad for your lungs. Too much dope swiss cheeses the brain and strips the neurons of myelin causing 'crossed wiring'.
Yes, it's terrible for your lungs... Although I think a bit of fact-checking is in order re: "Swiss cheese" and myelin. In fact, cannabis is widely used for treatment of MS, one of the primary diseases associated with demyelinating.

From "Therapeutic Action of Cannabinoids in a Murine Model of Multiple Sclerosis" in The Journal of Neuroscience dated 4/1/03:
Spinal cords of TMEV-infected mice showed disperse demyelination (Fig. 4a), preferentially distributed in anterior, anterolateral, and lateral columns. The number of axons affected (demyelinated plus remyelinated) in vehicle-treated and cannabinoid-treated mice was not significantly different, indicating that myelin lesions were similar in the different groups (data not shown). In spinal cords from cannabinoid-treated mice, however, there was a reduction in the number of demyelinated axons and a significant increase in the number of remyelinating axons (p < 0.001 vs vehicle for the three agonists) (Fig. 4b). In fact, the percentage of remyelinating axons in cannabinoid-treated mice was more than twofold higher than in vehicle-treated mice.

Cannabinoids may promote long-lasting functional recovery by interfering with the inflammatory demyelinating process and by favoring myelin repair.

:) Regarding the original post, I personally believe marijuana to be minimally dangerous, and I'd be much more concerned about a drunk person shooting guns or driving a car. However, If I were behind the counter, I'd probably err on the side of caution. While the man could have just been a responsible shooter picking up a box of ammo for the weekend, it's simply a prudent idea to not sell potentially dangerous items to inebriated people. Marijuana alters one's perception and awareness in a manner that allows for normal rational thought and actions, but causes extreme forgetfulness and clumsiness as well. Firearms and mind-altering substances should not be combined, period.

joab
April 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
Does it really matter? I enjoy guns and I enjoy booze but never together. Yes, even one beer can affect your judgment. When I used to ride a motorcycle, I had the same zero-tolerance policy when riding: no booze at all.This has already been addressed but they were buying ammo not range time or gun and ammo
Besides, do you really want to deal with consequences of using a firearm while under the influence? Might turn self-defense into murder real quick.But buying ammo while under the influence would likely only result in getting .22 instead of 9mm.

You have to separate the activities and not fall into the mindset that all that is gun related is immediately shooting related.

Smelling of pungent smoke does not make you stoned.
Talking slow does not make you stoned, some people call that enunciation

yhtomit
April 27, 2007, 11:58 AM
This may sound crazy ... but not every person you might think is stoned really is.

There have been a few people I've known (high school, college, and the decade since) who I assumed were on drugs the first few times I heard them speak, and it turns out I was just misreading them.

Some people talk slowly, or naturally mumble, or have a speech impediment, or (smile! note that I am making a light-hearted comment based on human foibles!) a southern accent. Other people's speech patterns can strike each of us as peculiar. Some people with speech impediments (or a tendency based on their psychological makeup) who speak slowly or indistinctly, or whose eye contact is not of the eagle-eyed full-contact variety are nonetheless very bright and even (under the right circumstances) much more articulate than a quick encounter might indicate.

You may well have been right (sounds like you were going based on a couple of reasonable clues) -- just saying that sometimes it's hard to read such things.

timothy

gaston_45
April 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
I have to disagree with the demyelinating swiss cheese bs too. Most of the brain is grey matter, not white matter. Grey matter is not myelinated to begin with. This sounds like something straight out of Reefer Madness. Which I have watched part way. I only got partway through it and thought, man, I have never smoked this crap but I think you would have to be high to actually make it through this hystaria laced pos.

As far as the original post, perscription drugs will impair you a lot worse than pot will but we don't stop all the house wives on vallium from buying ammo do we? I agree with biker, here's another non- skinned Johnson to add to the count.

kungfuhippie
April 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
I highly doubt pot had anything to do with them being nutjobs, especially Kennedy with all the booze he drinks. I know quite a few people who smoke pot , both my age and from that generation and they're not all screwed up. I'd bet that quite a few of the older people in my State AG's office smoke recreationally even now, and even more did it in their youth.

taken from drugfree.org
effects of marijuana include problems with memory and learning, distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch), trouble with thinking and problem solving, loss of motor coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety.These effects are even greater when other drugs are mixed with marijuana.

Why do these traits seem to outline so many babyboomers then? Clinton and Kerry have trouble with memory, Bush has trouble with learning, Pelosi has trouble with thinking and problem solving, Feinstein suffers with anxiety and distorted perceptions...need I go on. I don't care that people choose to smoke pot, I just get sick of the arguements made about the health benefits and how safe it is. It's about as safe a alcohol IMO, and has close to the same effects. Our country is about freedom-especially freedom to do something others don't approve of (unless you are infringing on the freedoms)

doubleg
April 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
whose eye contact is not of the eagle-eyed full-contact

Nothing gets on my nerves more than people who think its an arm wrestling match when you shake their hand and then stare you down.

bill larry
April 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
Anybody ever hear of potheads shooting each other? Seems like a buncha anti-drug propaganda/hysteria.

I used to smoke a LOT of weed, but having a family was the end of that for me. I personally think alcohol is much more inebriating, but thats MHO.

As for the OP, who's to tell if there stoned or not? Worry about something else.

As an aside, there's a gun shop here in Fort Worth that has a sign by their front door asking customers who are high or smell like pot to not bother coming in.

SamTuckerMTNMAN
April 27, 2007, 03:37 PM
circumstantial evidence, personal preference, was it a danger?

taken from drugfree.org
:scrutiny:

st

Zundfolge
April 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
taken from drugfree.org
Yeah, there's an honest and unbiased source. :rolleyes:

These are the same people that lied to the public, showing the brainwave activity of a child in a coma and claiming it was the brainwave activity of a child on pot.

1911Tuner
April 27, 2007, 04:01 PM
Interesting how the "Chicken Little" mentality catches on...even amongst gunnies...in the wake of a tragedy.

Go to your local pub/bar/beer joint/sports bar...and watch. You'll notice several of the patrons making multiple trips to the bar for refills of their favorite brand of Sam Adams. Within a couple of hours, you can be pretty sure that they're all inebriated to some degree...and you can probably assume that at least half of them will be sliding behind the wheel of a motor vehicle when the place closes. Some of us will offer a ride or the call for a cab...and if refused, we simply admonish the guy and remind him to be extra, extra careful...and go back to our party while the bartender pours him "One for the road."

Which is the more dangerous...A pothead with lungful of sweetleaf and a box of ammo in a bag, or a drunk behind the wheel of a 2-ton automobile on a Saturday night?

Walkalong
April 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
Which is the more dangerous...A pothead with lungful of sweetleaf and a box of ammo in a bag, or a drunk behind the wheel of a 2-ton automobile on a Saturday night?

The drunk for sure. The pothead is mellowed out somewhere. :)

.cheese.
April 27, 2007, 04:16 PM
not sure that this matters - but I've noticed there are a lot of things that smell similar to marijuana. Or at least to what I think marijuana smells like. I probably overestimate because I've never actually smelled marijuana up close. Only at sporting events where somebody nearby was probably smoking it, or in a college dorm where I was pretty sure the kids in the room next-door were smoking it.

Bob R
April 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
Perhaps they were Native Americans, or followers of some of the Native religions, and had just finished smudging their house or car with some sweetgrass before heading out to buy some bullets.

Up here on the rez, you can often smell the smoke on people after a sweat, or a smudging.

Just because you hear hoofs doesn't mean there is a horse headed your way, it could well be a zebra.

Rather than being concerned about the bullet buying, you should have been concerned they were going to get back in their car and drive away, while being "stoned". You can call the police for things like that, you know.

bob

pacodelahoya
April 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
But, but, but...It's illegal!!!!!!;)

Good googaly moogaly that is the best arguement that some of you can come up with.:barf:

Daniel T
April 27, 2007, 05:55 PM
taken from thebradybunch.org:
Guns kill 524645273 infants every day.

Must be true.

ptmmatssc
April 27, 2007, 06:10 PM
taken from drugfree.org

Lol , do you use the brady website to get your gun info too?

Gator
April 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
With all respect, unless it is YOUR store......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/Galt38/MYOB.jpg

kungfuhippie
April 27, 2007, 09:15 PM
Oh come-on! Why can't I use biased info to criticize politicians? And yes I get all my gun info from brady.org:neener:

Autolite
April 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
So a stoner wants to buy some ammunition. What's the problem? Sell the guy a bag of brass. If he's truly ripped he won't know the difference ... :)

jimacp
April 27, 2007, 10:37 PM
And I'd like a twinkie with that box of .45 please.

wow man, did you see the flame that came out of that barrel!!!

1911Tuner
April 27, 2007, 10:40 PM
>>And I'd like 4 boxes of twinkies and a 12-pak of Dr. Pepper with that box of .45 please.<<

There! Fixed it for ya...:cool:

B yond
April 27, 2007, 11:02 PM
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of hippyness. Or was that happiness?

Either way more power to them as long as they don't hurt anyone else's shot at life, liberty, etc.

doubleg
April 28, 2007, 01:42 AM
Going to Drugfree.org for info on drugs is like going to the brady campains site for gun info. Go to erowid.com for the truth about drugs not made up loony propaganda.

TimboKhan
April 28, 2007, 01:49 AM
My initial reaction to this is "so?". Trust me, I fully understand that shooting while drunk/stoned is a bad idea, and I would never suggest that one should do that. That being said, I can't say that I see the problem with someone buying bullets if that someone is stoned. I have eaten at restaraunts when I was drunk, and the only factor that I was judged with then was my behavior. Of course, there are some pretty big legal ramifications. I can just see the headline "Stoner buys bullets for semi-auto assault rifle at Timbo's House O' Guns!!! Tape at 10". I guess what it boils down to is coherence and attitude for me. If s/he was coherent and if s/he wasn't being a jerk, I don't know that I would turn his business away, especially if all I was going on was smell. If there was some absolute proof? Probably I would tell him to come back in a less inebriated state.

Lurikeen pew pew
April 28, 2007, 05:24 AM
If you really wanted to be a jerk you could have just sold him the wrong box of bullets on purpose. Then you could really tell if he was high or not.:cuss:

budney
April 28, 2007, 03:49 PM
Combat-wombat,

You're right. Indeed, there are no known long-term dangers from using marijuana--except maybe weight gain from overeating Doritos. Short-term, there are plenty of dangers from impaired reaction time of course.

Obligatory disclaimer: I've never used the stuff myself, and don't see any point in it. But the fact remains that it's less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes.

budney
April 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
This may sound crazy ... but not every person you might think is stoned really is.

Indeed! And some people you think aren't, are. :D

When I was at Brown, I worked as a janitor with other work-study students. For two years, we had a blast--they were the funniest, most down-to-earth bunch at Brown. It was near the end of my senior year that I learned I was basically the only one who wasn't stoned every night. At first I was disappointed in them, but then I wondered what it said about me. I still wonder.

--Len.

PRazz
April 28, 2007, 05:35 PM
If this happened at a range or somewhere that the person was going to actually be shooting near you, then it may be of your concern. Noone can say what someone else may do while under the influence. Personally I feel that every drug out there, illegal or not causes more impairment/lack of mental ability and reasoning than smoking pot. I am glad that it seems so many of you understand this.
As far as looking stoned, anyone can look it. I have problems with my eyes all the time where they look puffy and red and it has nothing to do with weed.
As far as drugfree.org, they are the worst spreaders of propoganda there is. I'm tired of all their commercials targeted at children, pouring out misinformation. If you want to see a good documentary that tells the real story check out "Hooked:Illegal drugs and how they got that way" on the History channel. They play it every couple of months. http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=70805

Taurus 66
April 28, 2007, 08:02 PM
Awww, c'mon! Sell ammo to the stoner! It's business for you and this pothead will surely be back within 90 days (give or take a year) buying gun to put those bullets in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoned Person Buying Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!