DPMS .308 mag question

PDA

shllyshny
April 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey all-

I recently bought a DPMS LR-308 ap4 and am very happy with it. This thing eats anything I feed it!

I have been having an issue with the followers in my .308 magazines, however. After ejecting the empty mags, I found that the front of the followers have popped above both tabs. :eek: This happens about half the time. It's as if the followers are about a 1/16th inch too narrow for the body. This has happened with all eight DPMS mags I own.

Is there a fix to this? It would seem simple enough to bend the tabs in a hair, but I have issues experimenting with $32 mags.

Help?

If you enjoyed reading about "DPMS .308 mag question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Titan6
April 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
Happens rarely to mine (maybe 10%). I don't mess with it, just pop it back in.

Nightcrawler
April 26, 2007, 09:28 PM
I'd give DPMS a call. Maybe they'll send you new followers.

aubie515
April 27, 2007, 12:09 AM
Are these the mags that 44mag is selling? If so, I'd give Mark a call and see what he can do for you.

Damn the Man
May 2, 2007, 03:51 AM
Are those 44mag dot com magazines really the least expensive mags for these out there? Is there another manufacturer's mag that works with DPMS that I could keep my eyes out for also?

Nightcrawler
May 2, 2007, 04:49 AM
The DPMS and the Knight's Armament SR-25 mags are interchangable. I kind of doubt that anything with KAC stamped on it will be much cheaper, though.

aubie515
May 2, 2007, 07:44 AM
Agreed with the KAC comment. The $32 is cheap compared to what you'd pay if you bought them directly from DPMS. Last year the mags were under $25 for dealer pricing at Midway. Like most things firearm related, the prices went up in 2007.

Geno
May 2, 2007, 07:49 AM
Hasn't happened to any of my DPMS magazines.

If you enjoyed reading about "DPMS .308 mag question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!