Houston PD - 21 guns missing

PDA

RCouch
April 26, 2007, 09:53 PM
In the Houston Chronicle today.
The Houston PD discovered 21 handguns missing in a properties room audit. They did the audit because 2 handguns showed up on the street that were supposed to be in the properties lockup.
As Pogo said, we have met the enemy and it is us.

If you enjoyed reading about "Houston PD - 21 guns missing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ProficientRifleman
April 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
"I am the only one in this room Professional enough......"

Pilgrim
April 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
hmmmm sounds like a dirty cop sold them if you ask me.....
Yep!

Pilgrim

Titan6
April 26, 2007, 10:55 PM
Remember, if you find a gun unattended call the police they will take care of it.

They will find out if it has been used in a crime and if neccesary make sure that it is used in a crime.

security6
April 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
What we need is a new law to combat this problem. I'm sure there must be some loophole in the current laws, because we all know that criminals ALWAYS obey the law. :rolleyes:

Trebor
April 27, 2007, 12:34 AM
Stuff going missing from police lock-ups has probably been happening as long as their have been police lock-ups. Often the first sign of a problem is when confiscated guns turn up back in new crime scenes. Any up-to-date PD should have controls and tracking to reduce this kind of theft or, at least, make it easier to track items and catch the thieves.

larry_minn
April 27, 2007, 01:23 AM
A simple solution is to sell all firearms that can't be given back to their owners. Get a FFL involved and use profits to pay for body armor for Officers. Do this every yr to keep book keeping simple.

never_retreat
April 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
I'll have to agree with Larry on this one. Why would you want to trash a perfectly good profit center for the department?:) Oh wait but they can increase revenue by giving more traffic tickets.:fire:

justashooter
April 27, 2007, 02:04 AM
i'm suprised this thread isn't closed, yet.

Limeyfellow
April 27, 2007, 02:26 AM
They had drugs go missing from there too and various other evidence. Between that and the crime lab making up evidence to convict people they need to lay the smack down on the whole law enforcement in that region.

If you enjoyed reading about "Houston PD - 21 guns missing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!