What is the value of my Remington 700 ?

PDA

Sigdude
April 27, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hellow fellow gun owners !:)
I bought a Remington Model 700 at a gun show,but i really cannot find out it's value !:eek:
Here's the description:

It is a stainless steel fluted heavy barrel.
It has a Tactical black custom composite fiber stock by Precision Stocks that gives it a " floating barrel ".
The gun was sold to me as " used " for $600 cash.
But it was never fired,so to me,it's like new !
It also came with Leupold scope mounts attached to it.
Any idea what its real worth is ? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "What is the value of my Remington 700 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KHawk
April 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
Your "new" gun may be a Model 700 sendero: http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_sendero_SF_II_specs.asp

MSRP of $1,279. In my experience you can by Remington guns new from a dealer for about 75% of the MSRP. Looks like you got a good price.:)

Sigdude
April 27, 2007, 08:22 PM
Khawk for the help !:)
I think it was a great deal.
She's sporting a Simmons Classic WhiteTail Scope on her.:cool:
6.5x 20 50mm. Retails for $220.00,got it for $99.00 from Midway U.S.A..
Plus a got Leupold base and rings on her.
I plan on shooting her soon.:D

KHawk
April 27, 2007, 08:47 PM
What calibur did you get?
Post some pics of your new purchase. Also some pics of your targets with 5 shot groups at 100yds and/or 200 yds.
I am shooting the 2006 version of the Remington 700 VLS in 223 REM, with a BSA 36T Platinum scope from Midway.
I had a local gunsmith remount the barrel and rechamber it with a tight chamber. He also installed aluminum pillar mounts. This thing now shoots 1.5" groups at 200 yds.

Sigdude
April 28, 2007, 10:32 AM
This is where i'm a little confused.
It's a .308, and i don't see it sold in that caliber ?
I'm pretty sure that previous owner didn't buy a stock 700 model and then buy the Precision Stock afterwards .
Plus the bolt has the swirl markings on in the reciever section that only the Serendo models have .
I'll keep in toch in the near future with shooting range results.
Thanks again for your helpful input.

P.S. I;ve got a great thread running in the " Gereral Gun Disscussions " section entitled " A Gun Show " Trick " ".
It's rather humerous...check it out ! :D

YodaVader
April 28, 2007, 11:16 AM
It's a .308, and i don't see it sold in that caliber ?

The Sendero is the long action version of the VS.

At that price it's probably the older VSF - Varmint Synthetic Fluted. These had the HS stock with one swivel stud on the forend. The finish is matte stainless action/barrel with the jewelled (swirl marks) bolt and were made in .308.

If it is a more polished stainless with blackened flutes it is the newer VS SF II , also HS stock with 2 swivel studs on the forend. But those are really pricey and that would mean you got an excellent deal.

Sigdude
April 28, 2007, 07:05 PM
That's what i have !
It has only one swivel at the forend.
I do have the H.S.P. stock,and she's free-floating the barrel.
It's still heavy.
I just need a Harris Swivel Bi Pod for her and she's ready for the Bulls Eye !:D

Sigdude
April 28, 2007, 07:10 PM
did my older model rifle still retail around the $1200.00 mark ?:confused:

Thanks for your input !:)

atblis
April 28, 2007, 08:29 PM
I seem to remember them selling for 700ish new. Things have gone up since then.

$600 if in nice condition sounds good to me.

YodaVader
April 28, 2007, 11:46 PM
You're right my Jedi Knight friend !

Glad I could help , as far as the actual retail of the VSF I am not sure. I had some old Remington catalogs but I think most of them were thrown out. For actual street price what atblis said sounds about right. I remember looking at VSF in .223 a few years back , and it was around $650 and it migh have even been used. I know the new VS SFII is usually around $850+ online.

The price for yours is still very good considering the least expensive heavy barrel rifle in Remington's line today is the SPS Varmint and it is usually about $500 with a dull matte finish and a plastic stock. The stock on your VSF is far superior.

The Harris bi-pod will be a nice addition. Let us know how it shoots. I have owned two heavy barrel Remingtons in .308 (700VS and 700P) and both were great shooters.

glockman19
April 29, 2007, 02:27 AM
Good deal. I see them priced in my area at $850

evbutler462
April 29, 2007, 08:29 PM
That is a great deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is the value of my Remington 700 ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!