H & R Arms Pistol

PDA

Tat683
April 28, 2007, 01:29 AM
I am trying to locate information about a pistol I recently secured. It is a .22 with a barrel approximately 12 inches long. On the barrel is stamped H & R Arms Co. Hunter Model. Also have a number on grip 173705. Anyone have any info on this firearm? I can't locate anything with my internet research.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "H & R Arms Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rem1187a
April 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
Only thing I can find with the info given is a Harrington and Richardson Hunter .22 10 inch octagon barrel,9 shot made prior to 1942

Gaucho Gringo
April 28, 2007, 04:01 PM
Is it like this one?

http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/ggps/7767/

Tat683
April 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I wanted to include a photo but it will have to wait till Monday. Batteries always dead when I really want to use the camera.
How does one properly measure the length of a barrel. It is a 9 shot but the barrel is very slim and round. On barrel light engraving
" H&R Arma Co." (heavy engraving) MODEL HUNTER
Worcester Mass. USA

BBA
April 29, 2007, 02:14 PM
Try checking armscollectors.com They have a forum on older H&R's and Iverjohnson. Several people there are writing books on old H&R's

If you enjoyed reading about "H & R Arms Pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!