Name that rifle/my dumb neighbor

PDA

kungfuhippie
April 28, 2007, 07:53 PM
I saw this while in my back yard and had to share it. For two reasons:
1. Why dould anyone use a gun as a sliding glass door brace/leave it in the window?
2. What gun is this? At first I thought it was a air-gun...but now it looks like a strange .22:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Name that rifle/my dumb neighbor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
April 28, 2007, 07:54 PM
Benjamin Sheridan pump up airgun.

glockman19
April 28, 2007, 07:55 PM
Yes a pump air gun.

Mr White
April 28, 2007, 08:01 PM
1. It was the only thing they had that fit.
2. What they said.

Special_K
April 28, 2007, 08:01 PM
Yes and it's worth a pretty penny to many paintballers out there.
They can be converted to the Bentely of paintball markers with a trip to Palmers pursuit.
Actually the only thing they use off of it is the trigger group and the stock!

Anyhow, its a nice find and the nickel is nice looking!

kungfuhippie
April 28, 2007, 08:37 PM
Okay then...since moved away neighbor isn't a complete idiot...or he just didn't have a 'real' rifle to put in the window...
Thanks all. I bet he didn't know it was worth anything to any one except his window.

tbtrout
April 28, 2007, 09:20 PM
Looks like a Sheridan

lee n. field
April 28, 2007, 09:55 PM
Yup. Looks like a Benjamin. Or a Sheridan Silver Streak.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Bad thing to do to a nice pump gun.

Offer him $10 for it.

koja48
April 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
Looks like a Silver Streak to me, & I'm leaning heavily toward "Idiot." "Hey, break-in here - I have guns."

High Planes Drifter
April 28, 2007, 10:48 PM
Why not just cut an old broom/mop handle to fit.? Seems like a really crummy thing to do to an air rifle; a dam good air rifle at that.

kungfuhippie
April 29, 2007, 12:51 AM
The guy moved away a month ago. He was pretty dumb, and kept his dogs in a small (6'x8') kennel, the dumb thing is that his whole property has a fence.:banghead: Yeah weither it were an air rifle or not that is a very bad advertisement to crooks, being armed is a deterent, leaving valuables in the window :scrutiny: . And I'm willing to bet that here in California he's be in hot water if a kid smashed the glass, took it and used it. I'd have offered him money and a good dowel for it-but ever since he teathered his trees to our wrought iron fence:fire: ...well...we wern't on speaking terms. New neighbors are nice. They don't use guns to hold their windows shut:)

I just looked up these rifles that is a $160 window jam!!!
I thought I out grew air rifles-guess what just got added to my fun buy list...

evbutler462
April 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
Those things are more fun to shoot than to use as a door lock..:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Name that rifle/my dumb neighbor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!