A little play in my YHM sights

PDA

Lou1187
April 28, 2007, 09:16 PM
Just arrvied is my new XCR. I bought YHM Irons sights from Tel-ton. I noticed when I placed the sights on the rail, there was some slight play in both front and rear . Is this normal? I have not shot the gun yet but it cannt be good when it starts woobling around. Have you guys noticed that on other BUIS? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "A little play in my YHM sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ARperson
April 29, 2007, 10:48 AM
The YHM we have on our ARs fit very tight, with no wobble at all.

I did have wobble on a pair of very cheap scope mounts once. If it wobbles, I doubt your accuracy can be that good. If you have any, I would try a few other items to put on the rail to see if the YHM was machined too large or the rail is too small.

Lou1187
April 29, 2007, 11:49 AM
Its not woobling at the base, it is pretty secure, a nice tight fit on the rail. The problem is when it is locked up in the up right position.

Onmilo
April 29, 2007, 01:27 PM
I wonder if your Yankee hills are set up for a Weaver rail and the XCR uses a Picatinney or 'English slot' dimension rail.
There are slight differences and this may account for the wobble.

Contact Yankee Hill and ask them if there is a solution.
http://www.yankeehillmachine.com

Lucky
April 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
Wonder if you got the packaging with those sights, to make sure they're not Chinese airsoft knock-offs. In any case you should get them replaced, Yankee Hill stuff isn't cheap, so anything under the brand should be better than that.

If you enjoyed reading about "A little play in my YHM sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!