Wolf Ammo Squib

PDA

Happyshooter
April 28, 2007, 09:39 PM
I opened the last plastic sleeve of my wolf 45 ACP laquer cased today.

I was having a blast blasting 1991 and double eagle down range. Out of the blue, I hear a "pop" and feel recoil close to that I would expect from a 22LR.

I am about 50% sure I saw a blur heading into the target.

Yep, my first wolf squib in many thousands of rounds of 45 and 223.

I was able to restrain my trigger finger and unloaded the pistol. The barrel was full of huge chunks of something, but no bullet. The chunks came out with a tap, looking like charcoal.

The case, which I ejected into my hand, was barely warm and and very clean looking inside, with smoke all over the outside.

Very odd event after so many thousands of rounds. I am glad I was able to stop shooting when I felt the weak pop.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf Ammo Squib" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cheygriz
April 28, 2007, 09:56 PM
S**t like this happens. One in a million, but I've seen it also, even with the premium American and European brands as well.

My old pappy used to say that ya get a lemon every and then, even in a Rolls Royce.

So, I guess that my response would be: "Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.":p

MustangHowie
April 29, 2007, 07:50 AM
I had one in 9mm do that last summer in my Sig Pro. Sounded more like ptht. I had to take it home and drive it out with a wood dowel. That was one out of thousands of rounds of wolf.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf Ammo Squib" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!