THR habits?

PDA

joshk-k
April 29, 2007, 02:23 AM
I'm constantly amazed at the number of people on this board at any given time of day! For instance, right now, it's 1:15 AM where I am, and there 196 people viewing the General Gun Discussions, and hundreds more in the other forums. That's great, and it always provides good things to catch up on first thing in the morning.

I'm curious:
What times of day do you most often check this site?
Once a day or every chance you get?
Are you on THR in the dead of night because your wife's asleep and won't bust your balls?
How much time per day do you spend on THR?
At home? At work?

Just curious.

I usually check THR several times a day, including just after my email first thing in the morning and just before bed (now). On a long day here, I might spend an hour in total. Usually thirty minutes, on average, per day. I don't have a wife to bust my balls, although my gal usually does if I'm at her place and use her computer. I usually am on the computer in my dorm room, and only log on in the computer lab/library/public if there's some intense on-going topic, like the VA Tech shootings.

I'd love to hear about your THR habits,
Josh

If you enjoyed reading about "THR habits?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XD Fan
April 29, 2007, 02:25 AM
periocially throughout the day

bill larry
April 29, 2007, 02:28 AM
i leave the window open and pop in whenever. :)

Arkie
April 29, 2007, 02:29 AM
You mean we have to leave every once in a while?

I thought that's what coffee is for!!! LOL.

But I usually pop in from time to time on my days off just to ask questions and to drool at others new toys!

Nomad, 2nd
April 29, 2007, 02:29 AM
I sleep 5 hours a night...

MilsurpShooter
April 29, 2007, 02:31 AM
Monday through Friday I'm here at least once an hour. I'm in a job where if I do have to work, it's usually a really, really, really bad day. I have a bit of free time on my hands thank god

glockman19
April 29, 2007, 02:33 AM
I check in, in the morning stay until I've read all new posts or checked on posts in threads I've posted in. Work a little, check in again around lunch time and do the same. Again in the afternoon and again in the evening.

I also like AR15.com and Glocktalk.com, and calccw.com

Mortech
April 29, 2007, 02:37 AM
I sleep only 6 hours ,,honest! I usually have mny computer online most of the day and I pop in and out of here 5 or 6 times a day .

ArfinGreebly
April 29, 2007, 02:54 AM
What was the question again?

thexrayboy
April 29, 2007, 03:06 AM
I usually pop in frequently when I am at work and its slow. Otherwise when I am not at work I will log in occasionally. Fortuntely I can get a lot of internet surfing and THR visiting done "on the clock" as my work shift is frequently not busy.

CajunBass
April 29, 2007, 03:22 AM
I work rotating shifts. You might see me here any time of the day, several times a day.

CNYCacher
April 29, 2007, 03:43 AM
Hi, my name is Rich and I have a THR problem.

FireArmFan
April 29, 2007, 04:52 AM
I pop in throughout the day before or after class and work. most of my posting is done late at night, much like right now.

wizard of oz
April 29, 2007, 06:45 AM
That's because the search feature on THR is the best firearms resource on the internet and so it has international as well as domestic membership.

Shipwreck
April 29, 2007, 10:52 AM
A few times throughout the day. But I check all the leading gun sites, and even run my own.

koja48
April 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
There are other things you can do with a computer????? Seriously, several times a day . . . great resource, helpful folks.

ArfinGreebly
April 29, 2007, 02:04 PM
One day at a time, man!

ezypikns
April 29, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'm ususally here every evening though. From 8:00 or 9:00 until 11:00 weeknights, until 1:00 am on Friday or Saturday night. Weekend days are busy, but I can usually find an hour or two Saturday or Sunday......maybe I have a problem too. Oh, well.

Gustav
April 29, 2007, 02:17 PM
Whenever time allows as its a great place for all thoughts and ideas to be exchanged without all the excess bashing other threads sem to have.
Nothing more powerfull than an idea whose time has come IMO thats why THR does so well and has grown.
Thanks go out to those who contribute and those who make it all possible and keep it all on the high road.:)

scurtis_34471
April 29, 2007, 02:21 PM
I pop in and out throughout the day when I have a few free minutes. It gives me a little brain break, which I really need sometimes.

7mmsavage
April 29, 2007, 03:15 PM
I mostly check in early before I leave for work. One day I tried to get on at work when things were slow. Not only could I not get on, but a banner popped up saying this sight was not allowed- it fell under the catagory of GAMBLING & HATE !!!!! I look sometimes and see other people playing games, checking out their hbbies or E-mailing their freinds or family, but I guess those things aren't so hateful. There was also a message saying it had been reported to management, haven't heard anything about it yet.

10-Ring
April 29, 2007, 03:23 PM
Me, I'm here throughout the day as time permits.

mossberg
April 29, 2007, 04:47 PM
Someone should start the high roaders anonymous.

fiVe
April 29, 2007, 04:59 PM
I "check in" a few times day and with my current kind-of-crazy schedule it could be anytime between 0000 and 2359.

This place is such a great reference!

Long live, THR!

Plink
April 29, 2007, 05:43 PM
Since I tend to spend a lot of my time at home in front of the computer, I check in throughout the day and night. I check in at work when things are going slow. I don't sleep well, so it's not uncommon for me to get up and browse for an hour or so in the middle of the night too.

ArfinGreebly
April 29, 2007, 06:53 PM
I don't have a THR problem!

Well, with the exception of that recent outage, anyway.

When I bring up THR, it works every time!

No problem!

grampster
April 29, 2007, 08:23 PM
I don't have to check in on THR several times a day. I don't, really I don't. It's not a problem. I can stop anytime I want, really. I can. No, I don't have to do this. I don't have any compulsion...:uhoh:

never_retreat
April 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
You mean if I leave the sight I wont loose my user name:confused:

Glock22
April 29, 2007, 08:40 PM
A couple times a day and a hour before I go to bed or so.

beretta9
April 30, 2007, 01:26 AM
Every evening for one to two hours. What a great site.:)

ArfinGreebly
April 30, 2007, 01:38 AM
No way.

In fact, THR Saved My Life (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=272715&highlight=saved+life)!

daysleeprx
April 30, 2007, 02:13 AM
Hi, my name is daysleeprx.....and I'm a THR-aholic.

AaronE
April 30, 2007, 02:20 AM
right now I'm in the land of "You wanted that COOKED?", so your clock may be different than mine is right now...its 2PM on April 30 HERE>

I'm here whenever I have the time.

aaron

Davo
April 30, 2007, 04:10 AM
At least twice a day...this place is a time burglar!

collateral
April 30, 2007, 04:14 AM
'm curious:
What times of day do you most often check this site?
Once a day or every chance you get?
Are you on THR in the dead of night because your wife's asleep and won't bust your balls?
How much time per day do you spend on THR?
At home? At work?

1. Whenever I wake up, when I get off work, and before I go to bed.
2. 3 times on average.
3. Not wife, but family, yes.
4. a lot!
5. sometimes both (from my cell phone)

Ala Dan
April 30, 2007, 06:52 AM
I spend lots of time off and on during the course of a day; but much of my
time here at THR is in the dead of night, when most of you good people are
sleeping~! My sleeping habits have been messed up every since my first job
working night shift; so I prefer to catch a few Z's during the day. If a bump
is hit, or a scream is heard during the night chances are really good that I
will be on top of it; as a first responder~! ;) :D :uhoh:

gunsmith
April 30, 2007, 06:58 AM
that I spent to much time on the internet talking about guns, now she calls me from CA to complain about her new BF who spends to much time playing video games!

jeepmor
April 30, 2007, 07:55 AM
Whenever, usually in the middle of the night during a nightshift. However, I use this website for darn near everything related to guns. I get honest commentary w/o media hype in response to media events that are gun related. Unfortunately, most of them are tragedies, but that's the news. On gun related topics, someone always has some honest feedback that the gunrags always leave out.

I find myself more in the political and discussion areas now much more than the gun specific topics when I first discovered the site. I really embrace the ideology of the website and feel in line with a lot of the points of view taken here. I've also taken a lot of lumps for some topics I've started and changed my perspective in many regards due to the wisdom and knowledge shared here. And some, not so much, like all things I suppose.

ArfinGreebly
May 1, 2007, 01:02 PM
now she calls me from CA to complain about her new BF who spends to much time playing video games!
Dude -- resist the temptation to take her back.

At least until she's a regular shooter.

And a THR addict.

MrDig
May 1, 2007, 01:14 PM
Constantly in and out during slow moments at work, the boss is Ok with it though so it won't get me in trouble.

Autolycus
May 1, 2007, 01:18 PM
I checkin from my breaks. I am usually writing papers and I stop every so often to just let my mind relax. And I do that buy browsing THR. Of course the blood pressure and heart rate rise when I see some of the gun control measures in store for us.

Jorg Nysgerrig
May 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
Like many refuse to disclose the nature of their guns for fear of being put on a list, I think I'll refuse to mention how often I am reading the board for fear of an intervention.

The worst part is that I remember almost every thread I read, at least for a few weeks, longer if something jogs it from time to time. I can also usually accurately characterize how most regular posters are going to respond in a given thread based on their previous posts. Imagine if I used that power for good instead of just avoiding doing something productive?

RCouch
May 1, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm retired so I check it on and off during the day. Leave my computer on most of the time when I'm home and it's no trouble to check in and see what the latest info is.
Love THR.

scout26
May 1, 2007, 01:33 PM
I sleep 5 hours a night...

Whatever "sleep" is, it's highly overrated.

and I'm here, whenever I get a a little time to check in.

My name is scout26 and I been on THR since 2003.....

bobbytm
May 1, 2007, 01:51 PM
Every day;twince a day.

obxned
May 1, 2007, 02:05 PM
Whenever I'm on the computer, which is quite often. I do all my accounting, banking, and keep in touch with kids and grandkids on the computer. I also buy stuff off the 'net.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR habits?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!