semi-auto MP-44

PDA

fal 4 me
April 29, 2007, 09:19 PM
I did a quick search and only found threads where people said they wished these were made, so I don't think this has been posted before. I stopped by the Marstar home page to see that Canadians can get semi auto mp-38s, mp-44s and mp-3008s. http://www.marstar.ca/gf-SSD/index.shtm A little pricey, but German made copies of German WWII guns sounds cool to me. Any chance these will be available in the states any time soon?

If you enjoyed reading about "semi-auto MP-44" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nomad, 2nd
April 29, 2007, 09:37 PM
Military Gun Supply has SOME WW2 subguns in Semi/16"+ barrel lenght.

I handled one at Knob Creek. It seemed well made.

SigfanUSAF
April 29, 2007, 09:42 PM
SSD BD-44 (semi-auto MP-44)

:what:

Wow, I want one. Damn importation laws........

They should have offered it in 7.62x39 though, as 8mm Kurz isn't exactly all over the place.

ronin223
April 29, 2007, 10:03 PM
I believe they talked about this on weponeer.net forums. Since it is a non-sporting firearm, cannot import at all. But someone did talk to them about importing the parts but don't think it went anywhere, considering the initial cost it would be a limited interest item.

wonder if anyone has though of talking to them about manufacturing the rifle parts here and shipping them back to germany, since our labor costs are alot lower than germany's.

Gustav
April 29, 2007, 10:05 PM
Sweet, Now if only the Oregon lottery would kick down it would come home to Papa.:evil:

MudPuppy
April 29, 2007, 10:25 PM
There's something seriously wrong with America when Canadians can have guns that we can't.

(No offense to our fine Canadian friends, of course.)

MD_Willington
April 29, 2007, 10:54 PM
It does seem kind of funny MudPuppy... The VZ-58's were also a bargain when they were selling them, just under $600 Canadian, so about $500 USD, compare that to a VZ-58 here in the USA, I've seen them for over $1K USD...

Canuck in the US, btw...

Eightball
April 30, 2007, 02:44 AM
uhm.....wow. I want one. Badly. Stupid import laws.

EDIT: Whoa, the MP44's work when chambered with 7.62x39? Didn't know that.

Dr.Rob
April 30, 2007, 02:53 AM
On that site they look like they are treated like an SBR is here (ie registered SBR) still really cool.

MilsurpShooter
April 30, 2007, 07:54 AM
:( :( :( :( :(

I would sell alot of my worldly possessions, including a rifle or two, to get an MP-44

DMK
April 30, 2007, 08:25 AM
EDIT: Whoa, the MP44's work when chambered with 7.62x39? Didn't know that.:uhoh: That doesn't sound right at all. Completely different cartridges and different bore diameters.

Prince Yamato
April 30, 2007, 10:48 AM
We'll get one here... if it's a $1000 they'll sell big... wolf will make ammo for it.

El Tejon
April 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
Has long been my dream to found a company that would make Title I copies of WWII weapons. G41, G43s, SVTs, MP44s and StG45s. Good to see there is a market.:D

cracked butt
April 30, 2007, 12:35 PM
I've seen more 7.92x33 ammo for sale in more places than I've seen MP-44s for sale. (Well ok, 1 place- the local Cabelas carries the kurz round for some reason.)

SigfanUSAF
April 30, 2007, 04:40 PM
EDIT: Whoa, the MP44's work when chambered with 7.62x39? Didn't know that.

NO, won't work. I said they should chamber it for that round, with 7.62 barrels, the OAL of the cartridge has to be close(?) I wonder what it would take????

Carl N. Brown
April 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
You know, this proves that many of us are more interested
in military guns as historical collectibles than as weapons.
An AK47 is both a historical firerarm and a viable weapon of
defense or offense and superior as a weapon to the Stg44.
The only reason to have a Title I version (semi-auto 16"+ barrel)
of an Stg44 is purely historical or collectible, curio or ornament.

Evil Monkey
April 30, 2007, 04:55 PM
As much as I like the father of all assault rifles, it is obsolete.

It's too heavy, parts don't exists unless the company is here in the States and thus the weapon is supported, 8mm Kurz is only found in the 11th dimension on a unicorns back, and even then there's only 10 rounds per unicorn.

Mags will probably cost you 10 Horses and your daughter. There's always Pro-mag though. LOLOLOL!!!!:D :D :D "We make our MP44 mags Mil-Scep and if they don't work, it's the guns fault!" :D

balletto
April 30, 2007, 04:59 PM
...almost makes me want to move to Canada so I can own one.

I need to wait for the exchange rate to get a bit better though, so I can actually afford it. :(

Eightball
April 30, 2007, 06:33 PM
For the MP38 (which REALLY caught my eye the most)--are those legal here, or no? And if not, how long must one live in Canada before they can buy one, and if someone who owns one moves back to the states, can they keep it? *evil smile*

MP44 aside, an MP38 clone would be perfect. What would be the odds of an american company picking up on this idea?

HorseSoldier
April 30, 2007, 06:38 PM
NO, won't work. I said they should chamber it for that round, with 7.62 barrels, the OAL of the cartridge has to be close(?) I wonder what it would take????

The 7.92x33 Kurz round is pretty significantly shorter than 7.62x39 in terms of overall length (more so, I think, than the European cartridge dimension descriptions alone indicate). You'd be looking at pretty much a complete redesign on the magwell and some portion of the receiver to make that work.

If you enjoyed reading about "semi-auto MP-44" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!