send a tip to Matt Drudge of drugereport

PDA

gunsmith
April 30, 2007, 04:18 AM
The Pike County Board in Pike County, IL yesterday passed a resolution that opposes "the enactment of any legislation that would infringe upon the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, and deem such laws to be Unconstitutional and beyond lawful Legislative Authority."

This is big news that is being ignored nationwide, you can "tip" drugereport on the bottom right hand side of the page...lets do that!

If you enjoyed reading about "send a tip to Matt Drudge of drugereport" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArfinGreebly
May 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
Tom Gresham actually dedicated all of his first hour to this on Sunday, and chunks of his second hour went to this as well (since he was interviewing guys from Springfield Armory).

And, if I heard them right, I believe that Brown county did the same thing.

It's a big deal, and I don't think it's getting the attention it deserves.

It's a great model: hassle your LOCAL government, get them to pass a resolution, get them to encourage other counties to pass similar resolutions, make sure the state legislature gets wind of it all.

It's very bottom-up grassroots in nature.

And well worth copying.

Rocketman56
May 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
Arfin: Do you have a pointer to that information??

I've been watching for something in the local Pike County newspapers, but
most aren't on-line.. Quincy should have covered it, but appears to have chosen not to.. (benefit of doubt, I could have missed it..)

I did drop a note to Drudge and WND pointing to..
http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/archives/2007-04-26
(See the Pike County item at the bottom)

I haven't seen anything from either, yet..

Steve

gunsmith
May 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
I thought Matt was better then the MSM, no one is running the story....I gave up on fox news awhile ago.

SoCalShooter
May 1, 2007, 03:42 PM
Well its nice to see atleast some light coming out of IL. I hope we can get some national coverage on it.

DrLaw
May 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
With the number and frequency of anti-gun owner bills in Illinois recently, a number of people have taken to doing things about it.

One is to call all legislators on a regular basis to let them know that we are watching their votes.

The second started in Pike County, Illinois (Home of PASA Park at Barry, Illinois) where the County Board passed a resolution that states (briefly) that they believe that gun owners who are legal benifit the county (economically) and that the legislation proposed in Springfield by the Chicago cartel is unconstitutional and that they will not support any such laws. Both McDonough County (Macomb & Western Illinois University) and Hancock County (Carthage, when Joseph and Hyrum Smith met their ends 160+ years ago) citizens are going to ask their county boards to pass similar resolutions.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

ArfinGreebly
May 1, 2007, 06:14 PM
Go to www.guntalk.com and click "Listen" and go to the archives.

Play the first segment from Sunday's broadcast.

About 20 to 22 minutes into that, Jim Logsdon (Brown County Board member) explains how they got a resolution passed there.

If you holler over to Tom, he can probably put you in touch with whomever you need.

Tom, of course, is GunTalk here on THR.

(P.S. -- They were broadcasting from Dick Metcalf's farm.)

If you enjoyed reading about "send a tip to Matt Drudge of drugereport" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!