CCW in car in Florida?

PDA

medic_guns
April 30, 2007, 09:26 AM
I have a Georgia permit. Florida recognizes the Georgia permit.

Question: Does Florida allow CHL holders to conceal in the vehicle (on me).

Ric

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW in car in Florida?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joab
April 30, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yes

ceetee
April 30, 2007, 09:35 AM
Even if you don't have the permit, in Florida, you can legally carry a firearm as long as it's "securely encased" (meaning zipped in a rug, in a box, snapped in a holster, etc) and not touching your body. A lot of people think there is some kind of "three-step" rule, but that's not true.

eric.cartman
April 30, 2007, 09:41 AM
Yep,
Anyone 18-yo and older can keep a handgun in a car "securely encased" and "not accessible for imediate use"... so loaded, in a glove box is just fine.

sansone
April 30, 2007, 09:54 AM
florida also allows FFL's to treat GA's like state residents regarding handgun purchases

ravnew
April 30, 2007, 10:13 AM
sanson1, does GA do the same?

wdlsguy
April 30, 2007, 10:39 PM
florida also allows FFL's to treat GA's like state residents regarding handgun purchases
A Georgia resident can buy a handgun from a Florida resident / FFL, but the seller has to ship it to an FFL in Georgia. This is a federal requirement.

CDignition
April 30, 2007, 10:47 PM
You can even carry it in a center console, as long as it latches shut...:)

WeThePeople
May 1, 2007, 08:42 AM
If you're going to be on the road, get this book. It is a must have and only costs 12.95. It is updated annually. I keep an updated copy in my car.

Traveler's Guide to the Firearm's Laws of the Fifty States

http://www.gunlawguide.com/

Chad
May 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
I have a Georgia permit. Florida recognizes the Georgia permit.

Generally, reciprocity requires the out-of-state permit holder to abide by the laws of Florida(that's probably true for most or all of the states with reciprocity agreements).
That being the case your Georgia permit should allow you to carry on your hip (or where ever) in your car just as my Florida permit does.

Bob M.
May 1, 2007, 04:13 PM

Yes, as long as it's concealed.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW in car in Florida?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!