Bulk Ammo?

PDA

target1911
May 1, 2007, 12:17 AM
What are the opinions on bulk 45acp ammo?????
Best....
Best for the price
Dont use brand......( I have heard the horror stories about wolf
and gun show ammo...not goin there)
Where to find locally (DFW)

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Bulk Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluetopper
May 1, 2007, 12:25 AM
I've been buying 200gr. semi wad cutter reloads. They have spoiled me to its accuracy and price. Wouldn't buy anything else. After I use up my current batch of 500 I'm going to reload my own.

target1911
May 1, 2007, 01:24 AM
I have a friend that reloads his own SWC and i have shot a lot of them. I like them too. I will be getting a press soon so i can do it myself too. But till then.....I need something to shoot

1911ShooterTJ
May 1, 2007, 01:27 AM
The cheapest I have found is Blazer Brass at my Wal-Mart. $10.98 per box of 50, so $219.60 per 1,000. Approx $235 after tax.

thexrayboy
May 1, 2007, 01:33 AM
It changes, on an almost daily basis. You can search for the best price on the internet and buy in bulk, factor in shipping. Or you can price what you want at China Mart or Sportsmans Warehouse etc. and factor in sales tax.

For routine practice pistol ammo I am not averse to Wally World white box. For bulk purchase at 1K or more I usually use the internet. The shipping is usually less than the sales tax would be. Like any other commodity a little research can save you money.

target1911
May 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
The problem with using the net is i dont use credit cards

bluetopper
May 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
Most times I send money orders on online purchases. Sometimes personal checks when I'm not in a hurry to get it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bulk Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!