LEA Ammunition Shortage

PDA

Seven High
May 1, 2007, 07:09 AM
In the latest issue of Gun Digest, there is an article about a letter that Kiesler Police Supply sent to Law Enforcement Agencys in Indiana Kentucky and Ohio. They are advising of a "horribly back ordered ammunition" situation. A number of unspecified foreign manufacturers are ceasing U.S. sales as well. Shortages of .223 caliber rounds until early 2008. Increases in the cost of ammunition is predicted. Its time for law enforcement agencys to start reloading their ammuniton for training. How about a nice Dillon XL650?

If you enjoyed reading about "LEA Ammunition Shortage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MD_Willington
May 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
Really?

My friends at ATK are busy busy busy....

So I don't get it...?

TexasRifleman
May 1, 2007, 10:10 AM
This is one of the side effects of the ammo import limitations placed on US Citizens by the Klinton ban and UN attempts around the world to "keep the peace".

A number of unspecified foreign manufacturers are ceasing U.S. sales as well.

Gee, wonder who caused that?

.223 is in high demand. If we non soldiers, non LEOs could buy cheap surplus 5.56 there would be plenty of ammo production left over for LEAs etc.

You reap what you sow. This is self inflicted.

The fact that I have more money in my budget for ammo than a lot of LEAs, is, well frankly, tough doo doo.

I don't see the big LEAs out there lobbying for the import restrictions and surplus sales restrictions be lifted, do you?

hotpig
May 1, 2007, 11:16 AM
Federal LEO ammo back order is at 120 days. My Winchester Ranger ammo order from October was scheduled to ship in December then rescheduled for March 07 and then rescheduled March of 08.

30 cal slob
May 1, 2007, 11:25 AM
elevated resource utilization.

too bad we can't trade small arms ammo futures contracts.

heh heh heh.

armoredman
May 1, 2007, 11:30 AM
I can't find many reloading supplies, like primers and bullets, and a LOT of premium ammo shelves are bare.

Nomad, 2nd
May 1, 2007, 01:21 PM
I'm gonna go look at my ammo cans, boxes, and crates.
And grin.

Seven High
May 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
Theres always Wolf ammunition.

SamTuckerMTNMAN
May 3, 2007, 09:13 AM
I have it on my shelves at my gun store hehe

I have on my shelves at my barn. . . :D

st

trickyasafox
May 3, 2007, 09:25 AM
im good for now, but articles like this make me laothe the prospect of restocking my components in a couple years :(

Dr. Dickie
May 3, 2007, 09:30 AM
You are so right tricky, for about the last month MidwayUSA was sold out of inexpensive 5.56 bullets:what: . I though they would never get them back in (as most were listed as out--with NO BACKORDER).
The good news is, except for government interference, market forces say that a shortage now should produce a surplus in the future. Just gotta hang on until then (and hope that nothing tragic happens).

If you enjoyed reading about "LEA Ammunition Shortage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!