How many times...

PDA

Don90
May 1, 2007, 10:04 AM
How many times do you usually get out of your 9mm brass before you throw it out?

If you enjoyed reading about "How many times..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
griz
May 1, 2007, 10:23 AM
I have loaded them more than 10 times, but usually lose them first.

CypherNinja
May 1, 2007, 11:17 AM
I'm looking to reload 9, too. The idea of 10 uses makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :) I was using 5 to judge how much new brass from Starline or Winchester would cost.

The thought of Precision Bullets + (well sorted/inspected) range pickups has had me smiling while I'm waiting for Midway to add dealer status to my account. :)

JDGray
May 1, 2007, 12:36 PM
What Griz said.:D I'm getting good service from my Win brass. I'm now running a test on some nickle plated Rem brass, how many times before it splits. I'm loading the same 200cases, over and over, to speed up the process. The nickle stuff cleans up in 30min, vs 2 hours for brass. I'm at 3 loadings right at the moment.

RustyFN
May 1, 2007, 12:44 PM
I load it until the case mouth splits. The more you bell the mouth the less you will be able to get out if them. I have heard of people getting 20 to 30 loads out of their brass and more.
Rusty

Walkalong
May 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
I'm looking to reload 9, too. The idea of 10 uses makes me all warm and fuzzy inside
I have heard of people getting 20 to 30 loads out of their brass and more. Yep

I don't keep track, but 20 or more is quite feasable. :) Hows that for warm and fuzzy.

ReloaderFred
May 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
In my neck of the woods, 9mm is so plentiful I don't worry about how many times I can load it. I've got buckets full of it. For my hotter loads, though, I prefer military brass, since it's thicker and holds up better to warm loads that are accurate. I've never loaded any 9mm brass enough times to wear it out, but I have found a couple split cases at the range where someone did finally wear it out.

Hope this helps.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "How many times..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!