Raw steel to Smith & Wesson

PDA

Jim K
May 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
Here is an interesting posting from the S&W Forum:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/540103904/m/5491067251

They still do a lot of stuff the same way.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Raw steel to Smith & Wesson" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
May 1, 2007, 10:14 PM
I would encourage those who are interested in the Smith & Wesson factories (there were more then one) and the people who built those fine handguns over the years, purchase the following paperback book, which is available from www.amazon.com

Images of America: Smith & Wesson, by Roy G. Jinks and Sandra C. Kreim.

The book is not expensive - about $15.00 - and documents with many illustrations, how the guns were made. It also takes you into the lives of people who worked there, from the top brass to the sweepers. Learn about the S&W employee sport teams - baseball, hockey, and of course shooting. See machines being run by overhead belts driven by one engine. Read Gen. Patton's original order for a registered .357 Magnum.

All this and much more for about 15 bucks... Such a deal I have for you. :cool:

Jim K
May 2, 2007, 10:47 PM
Old Fuff is right, that is an interesting book.

I recommend ordering from www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com as they are gun people.

But if you do order from Amazon, enter through the NRA web site (www.nra.org) and the NRA gets a small contribution. (Amazon also does the same for the Brady gang, so they don't play favorites.)

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Raw steel to Smith & Wesson" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!