Utah THR Gathering?

PDA

Correia
June 18, 2003, 07:30 PM
Ok, who wants to get together and go shooting?

We had several of these during the TFL days, but have not had one here on THR.

Who is interested? When?

If you enjoyed reading about "Utah THR Gathering?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
12 Volt Man
June 18, 2003, 07:51 PM
I am in :D . I prefer a Friday evening or Saturday. Where do we want to go?

Owen
June 18, 2003, 09:10 PM
it's looking like I will be in Ogden the week after the 4th of July.

owen

Goet
June 18, 2003, 11:51 PM
I'm in!!!

George Hill
June 19, 2003, 12:43 AM
I'm down for it.

PCRCCW
June 19, 2003, 10:41 AM
Ill be there...count me in. :D
Shoot well

skyder
June 19, 2003, 12:30 PM
Count me in.
Maybe by being under another name we can escape the Curse of the Whirlwind!

George Hill
June 19, 2003, 01:48 PM
No such luck Skyder...
We still have CORREIA - THE TORNADO TACKLER!

or was it the other way around? :scrutiny:

Archer
June 19, 2003, 02:19 PM
This might be a good time to point out that NUDPA is putting on a low-light/no light shoot at the PMAA Hendricksen range in Parleys Cyn on the night of Saturday, July 5th. Safety orientation is around 9:30 PM.

Bring your Surefires, and remember, two is one and one is none :)

More at:

www.nudpa.org

Andrew Wyatt
June 19, 2003, 02:48 PM
i'm in, though i don't live in utah.

Correia
June 19, 2003, 03:06 PM
What is better for everybody Friday afternoon or Saturday all day?

In the past we have always done Saturday all day. Only problems we have faced is that Saturdays in the summer are always busy with other things, and it is hotter than heck during the day.

Friday afternoon (or whenever you get off work) might work better, it is cooler, and it is light out until 9:00+. We have just never tried that before.

Opinions?

And Archer, I'll see you at that match. A little plug for my own club, www.udpl.net 3 gun is on July 19th.

George, Skyder. Yep I remember the tornado tent of death. How could I forget that little lesson in physics. :D

12 Volt Man
June 19, 2003, 04:19 PM
For me to say if Friday Evening or Saturday Morning is better depends on location. It depends on how long it will take to drive to wherever we want to spew massive ammounts of lead.

Correia
June 19, 2003, 04:22 PM
In the past we have met at the Bowl.

It is a good spot to shoot west of Utah lake, south of Saratoga Springs. However it has been getting more and more crowded. If somebody else has an idea...

tetchaje1
June 19, 2003, 04:27 PM
I'm in depending on the day and time.

It is also worthwhile to note that some of the gravel pits down near the bowl are being closed to shooting. :( :mad: Other pits around there haven't been posted yet, but be advised for the future. I used to shoot just off of S.R. 73 in Lehi west of Redwood Road until some joker closed it down and started developing a housing community there... :rolleyes:

George Hill
June 19, 2003, 04:51 PM
The bowl is cool... but I'm up for something else.
It's crowded, dusty, and windy.

The location really doesn't matter due to the fact I'm driving about 3 hours to get there regardless.

Some place with shade would be beautiful.

PCRCCW
June 19, 2003, 05:59 PM
Im open for either one.....friday afternoon would give up less time...
Sat AM would be decent as the temp wouldnt be set on BROIL yet also......
Im open for what ever ...just let me know when and where....me and 12 Volt will bring the CZ's......lots of em!
Shoot well....................

tetchaje1
June 19, 2003, 08:11 PM
What were the dates that you guys were considering?

Is there free shooting in the Eagle Mountain area up in the trees? If so, this would make for a central location and some much desired shade. :)

Goet
June 19, 2003, 10:13 PM
Went to the bowl a couple weeks ago.

Yuck!

Too many arrogant shooters, shooting in all directions, no less.

bigjim
June 19, 2003, 11:29 PM
I'm in but is it ok if I bring my wives?

PCRCCW
June 20, 2003, 09:33 AM
Jim...only if you have a spare for me :D :rolleyes:
I brought my kids last TFL shoot. Jesse, then 7..got to shoot an AR 15.....he would have shot 1K rnds through it if we would have let him........LOL
shoot well

12 Volt Man
June 22, 2003, 02:16 PM
I went shooting yesterday out west of Tooele. Took the exit at a small town that has only a gas station called Delle. Then we headed northwest. There were some good places back there, we did not see anyone else the whole time. I am sure we could locate a spot for all of us to shoot. It would require another trip out that way to scout it out. It was hot and dusty though.
I am sure somebody has a better spot than this. I just thought I would throw this out there because it might work, and to get this thread back to the top for further discussion.

George Hill
June 22, 2003, 04:26 PM
Wives are cool... and so are kids mature enough to stay behind the line and keep ears on. I brought my wife and boys out to one... they had a great time. Well, the littlest ones didn't... but they remember it.

PCRCCW
June 22, 2003, 06:02 PM
What we need is a nice remote location thats close....far away but not too far.
Has its own private shooting range...ours of course and a diner that serves free food served by a waitress named Flo...she has her CCW and carries a 357 Snub in her Garter...................................................We can only dream....:rolleyes:
Shoot well

George Hill
June 22, 2003, 11:41 PM
You know, there is a very nice shotgun range up Provo Canyon that overlooks the valley. Beautiful...
I don't know if they have any pistol ranges... Anyone in Orem/Provo that could find out? I think it might be a private club but I'm not sure. This was what we were hoping The Bowl would have been like but we have too many butt-heads showing up every day dropping TV's and Washing Machines and running over them with ATV's while bumping dogs out the backs of trucks.
:fire:

tetchaje1
June 23, 2003, 01:06 PM
George,
That is the same property as the Provo Gun Club. I have been shooting up there before and it is quite nice, but you need a key to get in, and there is a fee. If we did want to shoot there, I think you can contact the Provo recreation bureau (or whatever it is called) to get the key.

I'm personally all for shooting out west, but we just need to make sure to bring plenty of water because it is HOT out there. :)

PCRCCW
June 23, 2003, 01:47 PM
I was accepted as a Volunteer Range officer at LEE KAY....but ended up not having time to do it. I could call the powers that be there and see if we could use it on a Monday when they are closed.......Ill call em. You never know.
Shoot well

If you enjoyed reading about "Utah THR Gathering?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!