TX: Thank Gov. Perry For His Support

PDA

Bartholomew Roberts
May 2, 2007, 01:12 PM
Recently, Gov. Perry came out and said that the safety of Texans wasn't improved by preventing CHLs from carrying (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=274187) on college campuses, schools and other places on the prohibited list.

I've seen two local news programs (WFAA and FOX) report these comments with a bit of an eyeroll and practically an incitement to riot for viewers (though FOX to its credit did have a local talk radio guy there to defend the comments). I am sure that the Governor is hearing from the people who were unhappy with those comments.

Let's make sure that despite whatever differences you might have had with his other policies, that he knows you support this one.

http://www.governor.state.tx.us/contact

If you enjoyed reading about "TX: Thank Gov. Perry For His Support" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Correia
May 2, 2007, 01:15 PM
Texans, support your governor on this, please.

We've got CCW in schools in Utah, and it looks like we might be able to get Tennessee. We get Texas, and the flood gates are thrown open.

Now it is up to you to pressure you legislators for this.

phreeq
May 2, 2007, 01:38 PM
It's not much, but here is what I sent:

I would like to thank you for your statements regarding concealed carry on Monday. There are too many people out there who do not realize that when you bar CHL holders from carrying in certain places, it is just an invitation for another tragedy like what happened at Virginia Tech.

As a resident of Texas and a father, I greatly appreciate any efforts to make things safer for not only me, but my wife and daughter as well.

Thank you,

waterhouse
May 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
Done, thanks.

Legion1776
May 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
Heard this this morning on KLIF and thought I was dreaming. Glad somebody posted this.

Kindrox
May 2, 2007, 09:31 PM
Done

Texas Colt
May 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
Done.

Rem700SD
May 2, 2007, 11:20 PM
Done

aguyindallas
May 2, 2007, 11:41 PM
Done.

Fburgtx
May 3, 2007, 12:59 AM
Done!

Geronimo45
May 3, 2007, 01:00 AM
Done.

Correia
May 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm going to suggest the same thing that some of did in Utah, and more recently some members have done in Tennessee.

We all know that mailed letters are more valuable than e-mails. So write a letter, be rather general. Don't sign it. Then make thirty photo-copies. Take those to your friends who agree with you, but are too lazy/apathetic to do it themselves. Have them sign it, and give you money for a stamp.

Boom. You just had 30 times the impact.

duckslayer
May 8, 2007, 06:31 PM
Sent him a note.

Kacerdias
May 8, 2007, 06:48 PM
Sent him an email -

"While I currently live in New Hampshire, I'll always be a Texan. Thank you for your support for lifting the pointless restrictions placed upon law-abiding Texas CHL holders - especially the "no schools" clause which denies honest citizens from protecting themselves while on campus grounds. As you've pointed out, criminals and psychopaths don't heed such weapon bans. Allowing trained CHL holders to carry everywhere makes mass murdering sprees far less likely to succeed. I hope to move back to Texas someday soon. Please keep up the good fight!"

longhorngunman
May 12, 2007, 06:20 PM
Done!

TexasP226
May 14, 2007, 03:26 PM
Sent!

msimonds
May 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
I did it too!!!

anygunanywhere
May 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
Done!

Fburgtx
May 16, 2007, 01:43 PM
Star-Telegram in Fort Worth just printed 3 letters in the "letters to editor" section (on Monday) that all supported Perry's thoughts on right to carry. I would urge all of you (especially Texans!!) to go to their website (under Opinion/Letters to the Editor) and dash off a quick little letter also in support so that they really get the message!!!

hceptj
May 16, 2007, 01:57 PM
also sent a note...

bigmike45
May 16, 2007, 02:22 PM
My thanks are on the way!!!

Fburgtx
May 16, 2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks guys!!

Snarlingiron
May 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
Sent mine.

bass806
May 16, 2007, 04:39 PM
Just sent mine. Hope he can see this out.

Fburgtx
May 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
More letters in the Star Telegram letters to the editor section today. Note, also, the one from the Brady Bunch.......

netprophet21
June 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
done

Matt King
June 7, 2007, 04:41 PM
Just wrote him. We need to be much more vocal in our support of politicians when they come out in favor of our side.

dejr2000
June 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
Done, Thanks for including the link.
Bill

Vic303
June 7, 2007, 08:11 PM
I called in my support the following day after he made the comments...

AndyC
June 7, 2007, 08:24 PM
Saw this one a bit late - done.

apachejack
June 7, 2007, 08:29 PM
Sent mine today, Thanks

outerlimit
June 7, 2007, 09:46 PM
At least he did something right. Oh yea... Don't forget to ask him if he had a good time at Bilderberg.

Gila Jorge
June 7, 2007, 11:22 PM
Sent letter off to Perry...thanking him for trying to improve safety...

Rokman
June 7, 2007, 11:27 PM
I sent one also. Better late than never.

lanternlad1
June 7, 2007, 11:32 PM
Rick Perry is the special interests' bitch. It just happens to work out that the NRA is one of his masters. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the the 2nd Amendment bills passed, but that was because of the NRA, not Rick Perry. Take a deep look into the TransTexas Corridor, which Perry is so fond of, and then tell me who your hero is. The TTC is designed to ease the transition of America into the North American Union. But don't take my word for it. Look it up. Rick Perry should not be thanked for doing his job. That's waht he gets paid for.

lanternlad1
June 7, 2007, 11:48 PM
And just in case you think I'm a tinfoil-hat type...

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.CON.RES.487:

http://www.corridorwatch.org/ttc/index.htm

Thanks a lot, Rick Perry

MudPuppy
June 8, 2007, 12:12 AM
I'm confused as to what you're advocating?

Are you saying don't send a letter of support to Perry? Or just throwing in extra information to make sure everyone has a big picture of what he is?

lanternlad1
June 8, 2007, 08:37 AM
Big picture. We pro-2nd'ers have benefited from Perry's reign, but it has nothing to do with him. If the antis gave him more money than the NRA, we'd all be singing the blues right now.

SWC Bonfire
June 18, 2007, 02:15 PM
We pro-2nd'ers have benefited from Perry's reign, but it has nothing to do with him. If the antis gave him more money than the NRA, we'd all be singing the blues right now.

Unfortunately, this assessment of our current governor is dead-on... although I might change the "gave him more money" to "gave him more of an opportunity to advance his career in national politics at the expense of his constituents".

He's bucking for a cabinet position in future administrations. They can have him; we'll be busy fixing the mess he and the Lt. Governor have made down here.

Bartholomew Roberts
June 18, 2007, 02:18 PM
The Activism forum isn't the place for a discussion of Texas politics. If you would like to encourage the Governor for supporting the 2A, then please do so. If you would like to discuss Texas politics, wrong forum.

lanternlad1
June 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
So, in other words, if we agree with you, it's okay. If not, go elsewhere. You started this discussion on Texas politics by introducing a thread regarding a Texas political figure. Activism is served by monitoring and guiding elected officials, not just thanking them. I think this thread has remained true to pro-gun / Second Amendment issues, so I think the discussion is valid. Texas still has some of the worst gun laws compared to other states such as Montana and Arizona, especially if you have a CHL. Rick Perry didn't bring CHL here, G.W. Bush did, and he had a long hard fight to do it. Perry is only "pro-gun" because he is riding the Bush coattails and kissing up to the NRA - who gives him money. These things are not something I would thank someone for.

TexasRifleman
June 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
So, in other words, if we agree with you, it's okay. If not, go elsewhere.

No, it means debate politics in Legal and Political, not Activism.

THR has plenty of room for debating Gov Perry, you've simply chosen the wrong area to do it. If you will read the little description of each forum you'll see.

And you might work on the thin skin some while at it, Bart's comments had nothing to do with you or your opinion on anything.

Bartholomew Roberts
June 18, 2007, 05:13 PM
Let me repost the "How This Forum Works: READ BEFORE POSTING HERE" thread stickied at the top of the Activism forum that some people apparently failed to heed:

This forum is dedicated to activism to promote the RKBA.

Please use this forum to coordinate and work together. This is the place to organize. Use this forum for campaigns, legal gatherings, letter writing, talking points to push on the media, and things of this nature.

This is not the place to come up with ideas, use L&P for that. This is not the place to debate ideas.

There will be absolutely no arguments or comments about whether a given course of action is a good one. Such arguments always occur in L&P, about every single idea, and then no course of action is taken. This is the place to co-ordinate, not to talk somebody else out of doing anything.

If you cop a defeatist attitude in this forum, we’ll boot you. We don’t have time for crying. Any extraneous posts not directly related to the activity get deleted.

There will be no preferences given to any political party. If you have an activity to organize Republicans or Democrats or Libertarians, it doesn’t matter. Any bashing on any party is not allowed. If you want to do that, take it to L&P. This is not the place to muddy the waters.

In other words, this forum is not L&P II, and we’re not going to let it turn into that. This is a forum to get work done.

TX1911fan
June 20, 2007, 01:26 PM
Done.

plexreticle
June 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
I'm glad he supports common sense for CCW but I don't and won't support Slick Perry for a variety of other reasons.

Bartholomew Roberts
June 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
Nobody is asking anyone to support Gov. Perry. All we are doing is asking that if you agreed with his comments on this specific issue, to send a quick note letting him know that and thanking him.

Timmy Jimmy
June 21, 2007, 07:12 PM
done

Woodsmoke
June 23, 2007, 10:53 AM
I just sent him a little note. I couldn't find an email address, so I filled out a comment form on the website. Hopefully, it will find its way to him.

Working Man
June 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
Done.

AndyC
June 25, 2007, 11:00 PM
Just an FYI - I got a letter in the mail from him today in response.

Desperado
July 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
good to know theres at least one level headed politician in office

Drysdale
July 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
Deperado: Although Perry's a good guy when it comes to gun control, he's still a politico and still has issues... But seeing as I'm a one-issue voter, I'll keep voting for him.

tdubya
July 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
I thank Perry for all his pro-gun measure even though i really hate him for his corrupt, land grabbing schemes, not to mention that since taken office he has done everything he could to increase the power of the Executive Branch.

Desperado
July 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
I hear ya, but its definatley a good start. I think the goods for Perry outweigh the bads

Bartholomew Roberts
July 25, 2007, 05:21 PM
Apparently the page 2 warning that this wasn't the thread to discuss Texas politics seems to have been missed.

If you enjoyed reading about "TX: Thank Gov. Perry For His Support" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!