Noisy Holster. Any Suggestions??

PDA

Fake Name
May 2, 2007, 02:40 PM
I carry a g22 in a leather DeSantis Mini Slide. When I walk the contact area between my Wilderness Instructor belt and holster makes a creaking noise.

To me, the sound is a "giveaway" that I'm carrying.

Any solutions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Noisy Holster. Any Suggestions??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JerryM
May 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
I use candle wax on the holster and belt where they contact. The belt loops and the belt are I think the spots where the noise is most likely to occur. I have a white candle, and I rub it on those spots.

Best,
Jerry

Amish_Bill
May 2, 2007, 03:05 PM
Is your gear new? The creaking (in general) does tend to diminish with time and movement. I just got an instructor belt in so I'll have experience specific to this query soon.

pax
May 2, 2007, 03:14 PM
I sprinkle a little unscented baby powder on mine every morning, on the spot where the leather belt hits the holster loop. Creaks all gone.

pax

Soybomb
May 2, 2007, 03:50 PM
talc or some corn starch, dust it on, work it into stitching, dust it off.

Srigs
May 3, 2007, 07:55 AM
Baby powder does wonders and is a trick saddle makers use to keep the squeaks down.

I pre-bend my holsters when I stitch them together to minimize the squeaks. :)

the naked prophet
May 3, 2007, 12:36 PM
Be careful with wax, as petroleum products can weaken and soften your leather. If you use wax, use beeswax. Do not ever use oil. Baby powder, as mentioned several times, does work.

rockstar.esq
May 3, 2007, 05:51 PM
I find well timed flatulence does the trick...

Walter
May 3, 2007, 09:04 PM
rockstar.esq I find well timed flatulence does the trick...

Thanks, Rockstar. I blew beer out my nose when I saw that.:D

Walter

Lonestar49
May 3, 2007, 10:01 PM
Quote:

I find well timed flatulence does the trick...
-----------------

Yes RS, "background music" does the trick.. lol

LS
;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Noisy Holster. Any Suggestions??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!