Les Baer Moving to Iowa?

PDA

carnaby
May 3, 2007, 01:12 PM
This is interesting (http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=336482). Apparently Armalite is considering a move as well. I wonder what took them so long.

If you enjoyed reading about "Les Baer Moving to Iowa?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmtgsx
May 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
We would be proud to have his operation in Oklahoma. These LeClaire townfolk are a bunch of (Insert non High Road compliant pronoun here.)

Regards, Jim

wdlsguy
May 3, 2007, 01:45 PM
Can't say that I blame them for leaving. They risk being shut down at a stroke of Gov. Blagojevich's pen otherwise.

foghornl
May 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
We could use more good manufacturing jobs here in Ohio. Les & company woulde be welcome here. Outside the city limits of Cleveland, though. Hizzoner Mayor Frank Jackson is such a leftist he probably wouldn't want a {GASP!} GUN MAKER here.

P.S.

Mz. Wodward, follwing your logic, since you think Les Baer & company are "Illinois Garbage", then Illinois must be a great place. How about you pack it up and haul your (Insert favorite Low Road comments & names here) self & stuff over there. I suggest smack dab in the middle of Chikago, cRook County would be good for you.

tenbase
May 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
Leah Woodward, executive director of Iowans for the Prevention of Gun Violence, said no one wants someone else's garbage.

"Les Baer Custom is Illinois' garbage," Ms. Woodward said. "Assault weapons manufacturers in Illinois are getting kicked to the curb. And for good reason."

interesting, evidently expensive custom 1911s are now "assault weapons" too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

30 cal slob
May 3, 2007, 02:03 PM
The. High. Road.
--Don Gwinn

Cato the Younger
May 3, 2007, 02:15 PM
Les Baer is not going to just hand out guns to punks- they are a legitimate business enterprise- and some day, I hope to afford some of their products. That is really a bunch of garbage that people are pulling on them. In all honesty, I think all the "AW" manufacturers should leave Illinois- vote with your feet- if people want to ban the sale of your product in their state, then do not give them your tax dollars. They could probably do what I did, and move to Texas- lower cost of living and taxes are much lower, also. My father has a restaurant back there, in Cook County, and the taxes are killing him!

Hawk
May 3, 2007, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised E.D.M. is still in California.

I'd speculate if E.D.M., Les Baer, Rock River and Springfield formed a working group to move to a free state en masse, they'd get courted by the local chambers.

There's be sufficient tax base and new jobs that the AW whiner wouldn't even get an invite.

TX1911fan
May 3, 2007, 02:55 PM
Come on down to Texas. We'll gladly have ya.

trailgator
May 3, 2007, 02:57 PM
There are plenty of communities that would welcome Les & company or any other manufacturer. That includes here in Mid-Missouri. He'd have good neighbor. Ed Brown is just up the road. ;)

Rocketman56
May 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sure the folks in the area would approve.. anybody else from the area care
to chime in??

We need some more manufacturing to offset the retail focus..
(Yes, WallyWorld :rolleyes: )..

Steve

PPGMD
May 3, 2007, 03:21 PM
It's good to see people moving out of anti-gun states, but all this arguing for a company that wants to move it's operations. Les Baer employees are likely highly skilled workers that will improve the tax base, and so will the company as a whole.

dadman
May 3, 2007, 06:25 PM
Some good comments after the qconline article.

Elmer and Leah seem a bit freaked out about guns.
Do they offer any other job growth options besides offering to buy the land?
Profiling alert: With the beard thing, does Elmer belong to any pacifict groups?

Nanook
May 3, 2007, 08:42 PM
You have to wonder why a moonbat like this Leah creature wouldn't just move to Illinois? After all, it seems to fit her criteria as it's on course to become a gun-free paradise.

The lion can lie down with the lamb. Or some other kind of sheep.

That's the trouble with moonbats like this, they're not happy unless they're forcing their twisted beliefs down somebody else's throats.

And she's wrong on another count, Les Baer is not Illinois' garbage. Our homegrown Marxists take that honor.

Mark_from_Iowa
May 3, 2007, 10:03 PM
Here's hoping...:D

Deaf Smith
May 3, 2007, 11:03 PM
Les is welcome to TEXAS. Any time. Any place. We would be happy for him to plant his feet here. My only question is why he put up with Illinois is beyond me. Heck, why is Smith&Wesson still where it is? Time to come to greener pastures.

If you enjoyed reading about "Les Baer Moving to Iowa?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!