Revovler and rig

PDA

Stinger
May 3, 2007, 11:45 PM
I'm going to start CAS soon, and need a couple more items. I have been scouring these boards, as well as many others over the last several weeks and months. But there are a few items I need help with.

First, I need another revolver. I already have a stainless Blackhawk in .357 mag, 6 1/2" barrel. Should I get a twin, or go in a slightly different direction, ie Vaquero, etc. (But it's gotta be a Ruger.)

Secondly, I need a rig. There are a lot of choices out there, and some serious dinero could be spent!!! I am looking for something not too frilly, but functional and comfortable (relatively speaking of course.) Being right handed, should I go with a strong side holster, and a cross draw. Or should I go with a righty and a lefty? Oh, and since I'll be shooting at least one 6 1/2 inch revolver, exact size holsters seem to be in short supply, so would 7 1/2" would just as well, or be cumbersome?

Thanks,

Stinger

Sorry I butchered the title :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Revovler and rig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stinger
May 5, 2007, 12:48 AM
24 hour bump

notbubba
May 5, 2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.mernickleholsters.com/bm_cowby.html

Dang good holsters.

To use your Blackhawk I think you would have to shoot in the Modern Category.

Two thumbs up for the Vaquero

If you enjoyed reading about "Revovler and rig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!