Oregon State Defense Force

PDA

jrfoxx
May 4, 2007, 07:52 AM
Is anyone in Oregon in the Oregon State Defense Force? I have read everything available on the net on them (which isn't much and is pretty vague), and have tried phone and E-mail contact a many times, but have not gotten any response from them. I would be interested in joining and doing my part (former active duty navy 2001-2006), but want to make sure I can meet their needs, and they mine, as well as getting some more detailed info. Anyone have any info or contact points? Thanks.

for those who may want info:
http://www.mil.state.or.us/SDF/index.html

ABOUT THE ORSDF

The modern Oregon State Defense Force (ORSDF) was established in 1961 (see history) to provide Oregon with a trained "National Guard Reserve Force." With the Governor as the Commander-in-Chief, the ORSDF serves within the Military Department and is administered by the Adjutant General (AG). In peacetime, the ORSDF is organized as cadres to facilitate rapid expansion if called upon by the AG to replace the National Guard as a state force.

If you enjoyed reading about "Oregon State Defense Force" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Oregon State Defense Force" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!