Mod.70 action length question: what is the model of an action .25" shorter than '06?

PDA

Buckskinner
May 4, 2007, 03:23 PM
I have two new to me Mod.70's.

The 6.5 wsm is only about .25" shorter than the '06. Would this be considered a "short action"?

What length is a "WSM" action?

I'm not sure what this wildcat was originally built on, and need a single piece scope mount...

If you enjoyed reading about "Mod.70 action length question: what is the model of an action .25" shorter than '06?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
USSR
May 4, 2007, 05:16 PM
Buckskinner,

To the best of my knowledge, Winchester made 3 action lengths: short action (which is .5" shorter than their long action), WSM action (which you said was .25" shorter than a long action), and a long action. I believe their magnum actions are the same length, but with a different boltface, as the long action, but I may be mistaken.

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Mod.70 action length question: what is the model of an action .25" shorter than '06?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!