Cat pee and your gun bag...

PDA

Fish Miner
May 4, 2007, 05:10 PM
They don't mix well.:fire:

I was just getting ready to go to the range, loading the bag, checked how much ammo was still in it from last time, noticed a box felt wierd, like it had been wet the dried out. Took a wiff :cuss:

Wife's cat got in my bag and left a present.

I have never came so close to using a gun in anger.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Cat pee and your gun bag..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DoubleTapDrew
May 4, 2007, 05:12 PM
Haha! That sucks!
Maybe the cat is mad at you for never taking it to the range.
Start dumping stinky empty wolf cases in it's litter box as payback :evil:

BrianB
May 4, 2007, 05:13 PM
LOL. Sorry. LOL.

AmbulanceDriver
May 4, 2007, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry. but I have to say, that's exactly what i needed to read right now... I'm now chuckling bemusedly instead of wanting to kill the next person to call 911.......

:)

trueblue1776
May 4, 2007, 05:14 PM
ha ha, you have a cat!:D

statelineblues
May 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
I have found one of my cats asleep on my range bag before - but they KNOW where the litter box is!

Gustav
Try calling a carpet cleaning outfit and see what they use to clean carpets.
Also have heard but never tried coffee absorbs odors.
Best of luck and my sympathy on the naughty puddy rats bad deed.

BrianB
Correction turueblue. It's the wife's cat.

Dorryn
May 4, 2007, 05:16 PM
My cat tries to explore the (apparently) attractive odors of carcinogenic gun-cleaning chemicals. Im afraid she might try to drink Break-Free or Hoppes and die if I dont keep an eye on her.

statelineblues
May 4, 2007, 05:18 PM
Try calling a carpet cleaning outfit and see what they use to clean carpets.
Also have heard but never tried coffee absorbs odors.
Best of luck and my sympathy on the naughty puddy rats bad deed.

Best suggestion I have - buy a new range bag! ("But honey, the Cat pee'd in the old one!"):D

Grey54956

Maybe you should take the cat to the range... :scrutiny:

Fish Miner
F-ing cats- Well he may have ruined my bag (and targets, and ear muffs, gun pad, and one slightly smelly mag) but I am still going shooting-

He may earn a trip to the range but I GAR-ON-TEE it will be the last trip he takes.

Grey54956
May 4, 2007, 05:22 PM
:D

"Here kitty-kitty, get in the car."

MrTuffPaws
May 4, 2007, 05:35 PM
Just had to deal with cat puke in one of my range bag pockets. Thankfully, it was empty when it happened.

As for the smell, they have products made to take the oder out. You can find them petco and the like.

pcosmar
May 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
One word, Frebreze.
We have 12 cats, wife has a sensitive nose.

obxned
May 4, 2007, 05:40 PM
This is what cats live for! Once choosen as the object of their affection (?) there is no hope. Tell your wife you now need a new range bag! How can she refuse?

Sindawe
May 4, 2007, 05:42 PM
The best product I've found for eliminating the odor of cat urine is Natures Miracle Just for Cats (http://www.petmountain.com/product/odor-stain/503266/nature-s-miracle-just-for-cats-stain-and-odor-remover-32oz.html). PetSmart/PetCo usually carry it. The trick is you HAVE to keep the area that has been urinated on damp with the product for it to work, letting it dry slowly while keeping the cats away from the site.We have 12 cats...Color me green with envy. I only have space for four.

MrDig
May 4, 2007, 05:44 PM
Not a fan of Felinus Domesticus or the Feral side of the family. Believe me when I say I understand you wanting to use it for target practice. Get some gear to replace the stuff it "marked" and then put a drop of your own urine on it. Just a drop. the cat will either try to mark it again or never try to mark it again. This of course helps if you eat a big rare steak, and drink a lot of fluid, prior to saving a few drops of urine. Tells the cat there is a bigger predator in the area.
The other option is to consume the same as above and pee directly on the cat.

bthest86
May 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
Start dumping stinky empty wolf cases in it's litter box as payback

Wow. If I piss on your range bag then all you'd do it put spent casings in my toilet? I tremble for your enemies. :neener:

Rembrandt
May 4, 2007, 05:54 PM
Like most of natures creatures, peeing in a particular area is a method of marking their territory.....to show who really owns the bag, I suggest you should also pee in the bag to establish ownership.

bthest86
May 4, 2007, 05:56 PM
Also cat pee is the worst. Far worse than a dog's. I mean that stuff it potent.

Inverness11
May 4, 2007, 05:57 PM
Yep, there's only one obvious solution. Tie the cat off on a short leash outside and pee all over it. You'll feel a whole lot better, trust me.

lawdogso
May 4, 2007, 06:00 PM
Throw the bag away with the cat inside it. Use the wifes charge card to get a new deluxe bag.
lawdogso

The Unknown User
May 4, 2007, 06:02 PM
rofl

eliphalet
May 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
Keep em inside boys, don't let em be crapin in my flower beds..Not if ya want em coming back home. Thats all I am gonna say..

Plink
May 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry to laugh, but that's hilarious!

"Honey, look what YOUR cat did! You know, there's this really nice bag down at the shop that I've been wanting to get anyway..."

Don't feel too bad. Years ago I had a dog that knew she wasn't allowed to poo in the house. She decided to do it anyway and hide the evidence. She nosed open the case to my bass guitar, crapped in it, and nosed it closed again. Took me forever to find the source of the odor and by the time I did, the case was ruined.

never_retreat
May 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
I had a similar situation once, I had a big padded bag in my basement for a video projector. Picked it up hmmm... wet??? Smell to holly high hell. Must have been pissed on dozens of times. The zipper was even rusted. Thankfully the only thing in it was the manual and the European power cord(useless). So in the trash it went.

And I have 3 cats and a dog, the best part is that the cats attack the dog all the time.

Shadow Shock
May 4, 2007, 07:20 PM
I lefty my case open on a table after I put my guns in the safe. wen I looked later, there was abt a pound of hair, a hairball, and vomit in it. I don't like my cat as much any more

DoubleTapDrew
May 4, 2007, 07:34 PM
After you wash the bag out, just an idea...it might look pretty cool with a new cat-skin liner. That would also assert dominance profoundly. :)

stevemis
May 4, 2007, 08:05 PM
Cat pee is evil, evil stuff. Did any urine make contact with your ammo? I'd imagine the brass looks pretty sad if it did.

ACORN
May 4, 2007, 08:22 PM
I had a situation years ago while trying to house-break our puppy.
To make a long story short, I had a real nice Win 97 20" bbl with a vented handguard lying on a gun case on the floor in a spare room (no kids then). I went up one day to wipe it down and when I walked into the room I got a whiff ouf something foul. Seems my pup decided to retaliate for some of my "discipline", and crapped and peed, dead nuts in the middle of my 97. Not anywhere else in the room, just on my shotgun.
Let me tell you how urine and fecal matter can strip bluing.
My wife thinks I'm nuts for insisting that the dog did it deliberately.
Kept the dog, sold the 97. Shiould have been the other way around.

carry24-7
May 4, 2007, 08:25 PM
not only does it smell bad, it is also VERRY corrosive! i too had a problem with cats, mine pee'd on my box i keep my shooting gear in. wasted a couple sks mags, and some aluminum cleaning rods. ( thats the reason i bought bore snakes.) my sugestion to you for the cats is tell your wife that they destroied ALOT of things more than they really did, (but hey, its kinda like telling your insurance agent that you had all top of the line stuff in the garage fire.)

trueblue1776
May 4, 2007, 08:31 PM
why do you guys feed animals that piss/crap/shed/claw all over your stuff?

cat guys, an odd bunch.

sm
May 4, 2007, 08:48 PM
-Cats own people, in this case your wife.

-Everything that is yours, is your wifes, and everything wifes is wifes.

-So by default the cat wet his/her own range bag. :)

For a $1 I will share the "how" and "why" of the term "Sail-Cat" :)

Dawgs are Man's best friend...remember that. ;)

WSM MAGNUM
May 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
I remember when I put a pair of pants with my wallet in it on the floor and our cat peed on my pants and got my wallet. When I picked up my pants they were not wet from the cat pee, but man , my wallet and everything in it smelled of cat pee. :fire: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Stevie-Ray
May 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
Correction turueblue. It's the wife's cat.Nope. Not any more. It's marked you. From henceforth, the cat is yours. Congratulations.

BayouTeche77
May 4, 2007, 09:11 PM
Burlap Sack and Bricks:D

No I'm not really that cruel, just use it as a blessing to get some new stuff. She can't argue the fact that her beast fouled your gear. :)

Best of luck.

Lupinus
May 4, 2007, 09:23 PM
Egyptians worshiped cats, we humans have forgotten this, cats have not.

I have three who used to take it upon themselves to "advertise" themselves to me pre-neuter (or spay whatever it is for females) by squating infront of me and going....:scrutiny: :uhoh: :eek: :what: :confused: :mad: was my general reaction. The cat learned that it is not above soccer ball status :neener:

On a serious note I knwo that pee is some nasty stuff and while I love all my animals they don't come in my room. They don't go outside the litter anymore provided I do my part and keep it changed and clean for them, but they went through a phase and I'm not finding out if they have a relapse with my bedroom stuff.

slow944
May 4, 2007, 09:31 PM
I found my cat 7yrs ago on my way home from work, the mom had been run over and the 10wk old kitten was sitting next to the firehydrant waiting for mom to come back and get it. I brought it home and now thinks I'm its mom and it gives me all of its affection, she has even tried to shower with me. You think that wasn't funny watching a cat swat at the water drops and not fall off the edge of the tub more than 4 or 5 times had me rolling in the shower.

Fish Miner
May 4, 2007, 09:58 PM
Well I get a new bag :) my wife met me at the range after she got out of work this evening, she wondered why I was using one of her bags (small duffle type) I explained where mine was:barf:

Shot the ammo, The mag got oiled and cleaned- didn't seem to get a direct hit- the rest is pretty much done. I dont hold much hope, cat pee is impossible to ge rid of.

On the plus side the owner of the range/shop started talking to her about a nice .357 and a sweeeet Sig Tactical,told her about the Gem Tech (She is almost ready to get her own gun and CCW:) )

So I guess this is just one of those marrige things

Sindawe
May 4, 2007, 10:01 PM
Dawgs are Man's best friend...remember that

Remember also: What cats bury, dogs eat. :barf:

You think that wasn't funny watching a cat swat at the water drops and not fall off the edge of the tub more than 4 or 5 times had me rolling in the shower.

LOL

About six months ago I picked up a National Geographic RC Tarantula.

http://129.41.11.145/is/image/us/local/products/scene7/73137.jpg?wid=200&hei=200&qlt=80,0&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=1,0.6,0.4

When I brought it home, I waited until one of my cats (named Uther) was soundly asleep in a cat bed. I put the spider down about two feet from Uther and softly called his name to wake him up. As he groggily looked around he spotted the spider and jumped up about eight inches, landing back in the cat bed. He swayed from side to side sizing up the spider, then gingerly stuck out one paw to touch it.

Thats when I made the spider scuttle foward about six inches toward Uther.

Cat leaped about three feet straight up and came down all fluffed up. Spider scuttled foward another six inches and Uther jumped to one side to get away, landing about 50 degrees off the centerline of the spider.

Reaching foward again with a paw, the spider abruptly turned toward Uther and scuttled foward again. Uther took off for the high ground of the cat tree, much to the dismay of the other tomcat Kahless who was already up there sleeping (they are NOT friends).why do you guys feed animals that piss/crap/shed/claw all over your stuff?If you have to ask, you would not understand. :D

Forgot to mention before. Peeing on the range bag may have just been territory marking. Or it may have been an early sign that the cat is having urinary issues. Sometimes if the diet is off, crystals of MgNH4PO4∑6H2O (struvite) will form in the bladder. The crystals act like little shards of glass against the inner wall of the urethra, producing pain apon urination. The cat will urinate elsewhere in an attempt to avoid the pain associated with using the litter box. Keep an eye on the animal. If its constantly returning to the litter box, get it to a vet NOW.

Geronimo45
May 4, 2007, 10:12 PM
cat pee is impossible to get rid of.
Isn't it basically ammonia?

torpid
May 4, 2007, 10:13 PM
As a cat owner who has had cat pee on some important things...

Forget "nature's miracle" cat urine remover, coffee, tomato juice, etc..

Baking soda works so well in the wash it's amazing- like the cat never peed on it!

Best buck you'll ever spend (on cat pee, anyway).

denfoote
May 4, 2007, 10:14 PM
My cat knows better!!
Let's just leave it at that. ;)

Lupinus
May 4, 2007, 10:15 PM
Sind-

I prefer to stick with laser pointers. Works everytime lol. Also we had some catnip infused bubbles we found at the pet store. Cats loved it lol.

eng23ine
May 4, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yep, there's only one obvious solution. Tie the cat off on a short leash outside and pee all over it. You'll feel a whole lot better, trust me.

:scrutiny: I don't think having your "buddy" being that close to a mad ball of claws on a short string is a very good idea.

I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself.

Elza
May 4, 2007, 10:30 PM
Get some “Odor Out” or “Odoban”. We get ours from ‘Sam’s Club’. (Same thing either way just a different manufacturer.) It is the single greatest odor killer known to man. It actually destroys odor on a biological lever as opposed to just “covering it up”. It will even kill cat urine odor. I have five cats and use it to deodorize around the litter boxes. There is never any odor in the room plus it doesn’t stain cloth so you can use it on anything. It makes a great general purpose room deodorizer as well.

230RN
May 4, 2007, 11:06 PM
Love dogs and cats. Had dozens of each over the years.

About two-thirds of my cats went nuts over black olives. Seemed to be even stronger than catnip. Darndest thing.

And all cats seem to love liverwurst and Braunschweiger.

But cats are citizens, dogs are subjects.

Here are two cats exercising their proper roles as citizens: Sitting on the government (me).

Caimlas
May 4, 2007, 11:13 PM
Best proactive measure: get a different range bag. Failing that, baking soda and coffee grounds absorb (and in the case of coffee, help cover as well) odors.

Best defensive measure: take the damn cat out and shoot it. If your wife isn't OK with that, see how she likes a spritz bottle full of amoania/skunk extract coming in contact with her shoe collection. Cats aren't bad, except the ones that don't behave as proper pets should. I love my cat, but if she started pissing all over the place, acting crazy, etc. I'd have to take her out and put her down. :(

dakotasin
May 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
you have a range bag... so, you have a gun. but you have a cat? does not compute. either have gun, or have cat, but cannot have both, and a gun trumps every cat every time...

esmith
May 4, 2007, 11:36 PM
If that were my gun case getting pissed on i would assure you that cat wouldn't be feeling too good. That cat better have good reflexes.

shotgunkevin
May 4, 2007, 11:50 PM
Simon the cat: http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/ShotgunKevin/Simonbugeyed.jpg

MP5 the cat repellent: http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/ShotgunKevin/Airsoft.jpg

Problem solved.

telomerase
May 5, 2007, 12:32 AM
Just wash it in white vinegar.

And maybe the range bag too.

Waitone
May 5, 2007, 06:15 AM

statelineblues
May 5, 2007, 07:24 AM
MP5 the cat repellent

I WANT ONE!!!!!

battlecry
May 5, 2007, 08:30 AM
Whatever you do, do not rinse the bag in bleach. I ruined a bag once. It eats nylon.

Dixie_Amazon
May 5, 2007, 09:06 AM
I am not a cat man, but a dog man, and all felines can tell this at a glance - a sharp, vindictive glance.
James Thurber

skinnyguy
May 5, 2007, 09:57 AM
This is my psycho-kitty Windy, protecting my Ruger from all evil. Including me. Wouldn't have been so bad but I was packing for trip to visit my Mom, and was running about 2 hours behind. She's never peed where she shouldn't....... yet.

There are times that she's evil, true, but she's as much a part of my family as my 2 daughters, and if she does do something to one of my guns, I'll fix it and move on, having told her that she's a BAAAAAD Windy.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
May 5, 2007, 10:03 AM
My old lady, a cat lover, once told me that when cats get "mad" at you, they pee on something of yours, like your pillow or some other object they think you are really attached to. Obviously, the cat is mad at you for whatever bizarre feline reason. I would replace everything in that bag and cat would mysteriously disappear into never never land. But that's me. I'm a dog lover, because, unlike cats, they love you regardless of what sort of loser you are.

Regards and best of luck with your range bag in the future,

Dave

Mr White
May 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
I have never came so close to using a gun in anger. So how did you you kill the cat?

JWarren
May 5, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cat's are sinister little beasts.

I dated a girl once (in the pre-Jenn days) who had a cat that (I am NOT making this up) would crap in her shoes if she left the cat home alone. She said it was upset that she left it and it was how the cat showed anger.

I consider pooping in my shoes the 'Nuclear option." There's no coming back from that. Total War.

-- John

win71
May 5, 2007, 11:11 AM
And he got no satisfaction from his new bride at all. She claimed Fluffy was getting old and maybe loosing control. Friend got a squirt bottle full of ammonia laced water and late at night began leaving small puddles on the new carpet. Wife gave up on Fluffys condition. She scattered the ashes in the back yard.

JWarren
May 5, 2007, 11:23 AM
One of my Jack Russell females gets so happy when I come home from work that she loses it and pees a drop or two.

Somehow, I can't fault the little girl. She loves her daddy.

-- John

akodo
May 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
drop the bag on the wife's side of the bed, with a note explaining her cat, her responsibility to make it right, plus a list of places where range bags can be purchased

Rocketman56
May 5, 2007, 12:08 PM
230RN:But cats are citizens, dogs are subjects.

This is a statement of fact... Truly!!!

Rocketman56's pet household.. 4 cats, 1 visiting cat (my daughter's, but he's
NOT allowed inside.. Yes, him, not it..), 1 inside dog (my grandson's) and
my other daughter's dog (outside Golden Lab mix..).. The hamster went
off to the happy foraging ground about 6 months ago.. He was 6 years old...
So yes, the attitude difference between cats and dogs is well
understood here..:what:

(Still miss Paco.. 1/2 husky-1/2 wolf.. had him for 15+ years.. and Kristi (the
German Shepard who was 14 when we had to put her down due to Heart
issues..))

Sigh, not particularly on topic but cathartic...:(

Later,
Steve

-terry
May 5, 2007, 12:21 PM
What a fun thread this is. Lots of humor, pictures of cats, faux advice. Ain't this forum great!:)

theP8riot
May 5, 2007, 12:59 PM

But when a stranger walks in your door at 9pm the cat runs and the dog fights.

Lupinus
May 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
truer words have never been spoken!

Donut
May 5, 2007, 01:48 PM
One of my Jack Russell females gets so happy when I come home from work that she loses it and pees a drop or two.

Somehow, I can't fault the little girl. She loves her daddy.

-- John

Aww. Mine doesn't leak, yet. How old is yours?

I recently moved into a house with three cats. Thankfully I'm not "new" to any of them, since I've known the one since she was born and the other two from the day they arrived in the US. There is one cat who lives mainly outside, and on, in, or under everyone in the neighborhood's cars. Unfortunately, the other two cats won't let her live inside anymore. Yesterday, I was watching her through the kitchen window as she approacked my car. She went to jump up on the back, missed, and tried to stop her fall by dragging her claws down my hatchback.

Oh how I wish that cat had just peed on something...

TheOld Man
May 5, 2007, 02:31 PM
Where I work, one of the guys there has a pet cat. Deal with the boss is that if the cat sets off motion detector alarms in the middle of the night, the guy with the cat gets to come down and shut alarm off. The cat used our box of packing materials for a kitty litter box. :cuss: The boss found this site: http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm

thumper723
May 5, 2007, 02:37 PM
My ex wife adopted 2 cats about 2 month after we got married :scrutiny: (I THOUGHT SHE WAS A "DOG PERSON")

Once was preggers. And hatched four kittens, of which she kept one...

I was stuck with:
Her Name for it / My name for it
Princess / EVIL CAT! (himalayan that hated me)
Lucky / Vader (big black & bad, acts more like a dog)
Boopie / Evil Catamusius (I was running a 103 fever when I named the little bastard)

Anyways, there were some flight suits folded on the dryer. Apparently EVIL CAT! had pissed on one, but it dried. I went to work, and after going to the gym briefed for a flight (it was July I think). Didn't stink since the piss had dried..

Flying in a helicopter in July, you are going to sweat. As soon as the dried pee got wet, it stank...

Me- you smell something?
Copilot- No, wait, is there a fookign cat in here??!! (we have had feral stowaways in the past... they get scared, piss themselves and then jump out)
Me- It DOES smell like cat piss..
Crewman in back- I dont smell anything (he's 10 feet behind us, behind a bank of computers/radar gear
*start sniffing my self... yep, source of cat smell located.
at the top of my lungs- GODDAMN EVIL CAT!!!

TheOld Man
May 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
Thumper, you need to go to the site I just posted...
:evil:

ceetee
May 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
Old saying amongst my ancestors:

Women and cats will do as they please, so men and dogs just better get used to it...

.45&TKD
May 5, 2007, 03:08 PM
A dog would never do that.

helpless
May 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
I hate cat piss, Get him fixed.

Preacherman
May 5, 2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds like your cats are just like mine (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=40638) . . . :evil:

And mine haven't improved (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=135895) as they've grown older!

Lupinus
May 5, 2007, 03:21 PM
preacher-

I'm still missing part of my scope mounts. I had the mounts sitting there on the table, screwed together so I wouldn't loose the screws. Somehow the cats managed to unscrew it and make off with part of the mount. This was a month ago lol.

Caimlas
May 5, 2007, 06:52 PM
Cats are citizens, dogs are subjects? I don't think so.

Cats are tyrants, dogs are citizens. Dogs will defend your territory as if it is their own (because it is). Dogs will be loyal to everyone within the family, because it is their family - they're a part of it. Cats do none of these things. The only loyalty cats seem to have is to feeding time. They've more affinity with welfare queens than with citizens.

That said, I do love our kitty. When she dies, however (and possibly before), we're getting a dog.

Caimlas
May 5, 2007, 06:55 PM
I hate cat piss, Get him fixed.

You can now surgically remove the cat's bladder without breaking the whole animal permanently? Interesting.

Lupinus
May 5, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah dogs are likely to pick up the pitchfork like a good subject lol. Cat's have their own interests at hand first and believe in self reliance

Lupinus
May 5, 2007, 07:01 PM
Caim-

Most of the time when an animal goes outside of the areas it's suppsoed to (outside or liter box) it is normally for three distinct reasons. They aren't housebroken, they are ill or mad, or they are advertising/marking. The first one is obvious, and the second is due to certian health problems or being ticked off. The last I find to be the most common, a male animal will often times mark its territory to both keep other males away and to advertise to females that there is a strong male in the area. Less known is females will do this for the same reason, they will urinate near a male or in a place they know a male will come across it in order to advertise their status. My cats did it often when they were in heat before I had the money to fix them and is very common. If you have male cats they will often do it in places the male animal frequents, and if there are none human males will have to do lol.

KINGMAX
May 5, 2007, 07:09 PM
Does 'MOVING TARGETS' come to mind ???

Caimlas
May 5, 2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah dogs are likely to pick up the pitchfork like a good subject lol. Cat's have their own interests at hand first and believe in self reliance

So, cats are liberals, consumed in self-interest?

Caimlas
May 5, 2007, 07:20 PM
Lupinus - I was aware of what you state; I was makinga tongue-in-cheek comment about removing the cat's bladder, because your situation #2 can not be accounted for simply by neutering them. :)

hankpac
May 5, 2007, 10:15 PM
I haven't seen the cat in a couple of days."

JWarren
May 6, 2007, 12:10 AM
Donut wrote:

Aww. Mine doesn't leak, yet. How old is yours?

Hattie (the one I referred to) is only 3 years old. It's really not a age thing. She just gets so happy. Hehe... you're making me do this. Here's a pic of my little princess, Hattie. I'll leave it as a thumbnail for the sake of those who would like to bludgeon me for posting such a large pic on a thead. :)

-- John

JWarren
May 6, 2007, 12:20 AM
For equal time here's the baby-- Josie. She's two, and actually thinks Hattie is her mother. (I got the little one when she was really too young, and Hattie was in heat.) They actually believe they are mother and daughter-- it's cute.

Josie is the fiesty one (as long as I am there to take up her slack.)

-- John

PS: Leave it to me to find a way to post pics of my girls on a thread dealing with cat pee.

crashresidue
May 6, 2007, 02:00 AM
JWarren,

It's called "submissive urination" -- and is a rather common problem with hyper females. Get used to it and DON'T lick your lips.:evil:

cr

glassman
May 6, 2007, 09:03 AM
it's Up...it's Good

Hardware
May 6, 2007, 02:01 PM
There is a product called urine-off that not only removes the acids and ammonia but also takes out the fats and metallic crystals. Works incredible.

However, if the cat peed on my range bag I'd hold out for a whole new range bag.

stangfan93
May 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
my roommates cat peed in my cd's a few weeks ago. i was ready duct tape her to the end of my shotgun and load it with 000 buckshot and then pull the trigger. I didnt though. Something about people getting mad for discharging firearms within so many feet of a homestead. i just left.

Ala Dan
May 6, 2007, 11:11 PM
My range bag stays locked inside my safe~! :scrutiny: :)

I have a 25lb male Siamese* that I love very much, but I wouldn't think
too kindly 'bout him peeing on my range bag~! :mad: :cuss: :fire:

*FootNote: His name is Chunky Monk, and he definitely fits it too
a tee~!

coelacanth
May 7, 2007, 03:52 AM
cat that pees in my range bag = science project

mindwip
May 7, 2007, 04:39 AM
Cats are citizens, dogs are subjects

I agree with the first part. Only. Cats do not belong to anyone, except they like the person who feeds then the government um owner. They only give when they must, or when it benefits them.

Dogs are not subjects, dogs are members of the family. They are part of the pack. They are loyal but not subjects. A dog in a pack will listen to the leader, and do what he says, most of the time. Sometime he will try to resist and see if he can lead. He will protect you with his life, even if its after you just yelled at him.

Dogs rule, cats pee.

Dr. Dickie
May 7, 2007, 07:12 AM
When you feed a dog, he looks at you and thinks,"He must be a god!"
When you feed a cat, he looks at you and thinks, "I must be a god!"

Churchill said:
Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs think of us a equals.
Don't remember the exact quote.

Asimov is credited with this one, though I have need seen it verified:
"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and most of them are owned by cats."

scout26
May 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
Some of my favorite Dog quotes:

If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer.
Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947)

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
Ann Landers (1918 - 2002)

I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.
August Strindberg (1849 - 1912), A Madman's Diary, 1895

Yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Bible, Matthew xv. 27.

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement.
Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), (Snoopy)

It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?
Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920), Pollyanna, 1912

If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.
Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

When a dog runs at you, whistle for him.
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

The dog was created especially for children. He is the god of frolic.
Henry Ward Beecher (1813 - 1887)

A dog owns nothing, yet is seldom dissatisfied.
Irish Proverb

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.
Jeff Valdez

Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to.
Joe Gores

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
Joe Weinstein

When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news.
John B. Bogart (1848 - 1921)

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
Josh Billings (1818 - 1885)

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us.
Maurice Maeterlinck (1862 - 1949)

A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
Ogden Nash (1902 - 1971)

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
Peter Steiner, cartoon in The New Yorker, July 5, 1993

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
Rita Rudner

A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.
Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Roger Caras

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives.
Sue Murphy

And my favorite:

Every dog needs a boy.
Ann Landers (1918 - 2002)

tn-dave
May 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
We're a cat family but this is funny stuff

"Excerpts from a Dog's Diary"
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

"Excerpts from a Cat's Diary"
Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet.
I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...

chazz1975
May 7, 2007, 11:03 AM
What is your range bag made of? is it nylon? Try emptying it out and taking it to a do-it-yourself laundry, they often have industrial-size machines. There's also some stuff called smells-begone. It was originally made to help kill stockyard (farm animal) odors. Works really good. Just spray it on the bag, and the smell disappears.

DogBonz
May 7, 2007, 11:11 AM
I love cats....

They taste just like chicken...

Ummmmm....

General Tso's...

Ummmmm

chazz1975
May 7, 2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with sindawe. Magnesium crystals in the cat's bladder/kidneys can be very painful and can be a reason for the cat not using the litter box. I had one of my cats diagnosed with this some years back. Same thing. The Vet told us that it was probably due to a large amount of fish or fish-product cat food. He no longer gets any fish or fish-flavored stuff, and that was the only time he wet on anything. Couldn't get mad at him, wasn't his fault. I have been blessed somehow with owning 4 cats in my lifetime, all Siamese, all affectionate and loving.

Dr. Dickie
May 7, 2007, 11:58 AM
All of our cats (4 right now) are rescues. Clyde (a grey spotted tabby) came to us a very little bitty fella. He was "inside only" for the first few months of his life as he was only a month or so old when we found him and he was in bad shape.
All of the sudden, at about two months old, he started going to the bathroom in our clothes hamper:what: !!
He did it once, and we thought maybe he got confused as the they are both in a box, and the when he was so sick the cat box was in our bedroom near the hamper, so okay.
Then he did it again, and again. We finally had to put a piece of plexyglass over the hamper during the day to keep him from doing that.
I was scratching my head, trying to figure out why he was doing this. Then, when changing his litterbox material, it dawned on me. I was using a different litterbox material. We had some cheap stuff in the garage and after we ran out of TidyCats, I wanted to use up the cheap stuff, and that was exactly when he started to use our hamper.
I switched back to TidyCats, and BINGO. He started using the litterbox again, no problem.
The little bugger was just letting us know he did not like the feel of the cheap litterbox material.
Lesson learned.
When I was a kid, I had a friend who's cats would pee on the burners on the stove when his mother made them mad, they also would pee in her purse sometimes when she got them angry at her.
Gotta give them credit, they get their way:neener:

stevekl
May 7, 2007, 01:37 PM
I once had a purple gun bag and the cat crapped on it.

Then I went to the gun show and bought a black, bigger gun bag, and the cat crapped on that, too.

I bought a camouflage gun bag and I keep my door closed now. Which I don't like to do, because the OTHER cat is a sweetie and she is welcome to hang out in my room, but I can't leave the door open for her without letting the Poop Bomber in.

mpmarty
May 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
If it's the wifes cat give her the bag as a new purse and get a new one.

HeedJSU
May 7, 2007, 01:57 PM
"sniff"....."ahhhh. no cat smell"

I threw a cat in the microwave once. (I was 4)

It walked in circles for the rest of its short life.

Justin

Emptymag
May 7, 2007, 03:03 PM
Wow. the cat pee thing is getting a lot of attention!

I'll add that no matter what product you buy, the underlying odor will likely never go away. Buying a new bag is cheaper than the gallons of "Stink-B-Gone" the pet store will recommend. Ask me how I know...

When taking our cat to the vet in his carrier, he peed in the carrier. It was on the passenger seat of my Dakota and just a few drops leaked out and got into the seat. You could barely feel the damp spot, but the SMELL was unmistakable!

I tried every product that was suggested and even got a syringe to inject the stuff deep into the seat. I got it to where it wasn't "oh my God!" obvious, but if you took a deep breath, you could still catch a whiff of it. Then summer came along... GOOD GOD! The heat made it 100x worse. I was about to have the dealer order a new seat(it was that bad), but the POS Dodge started giving me more trouble and we sold it. Problem solved.

The cat now goes in the carrier, which is placed in a huge plastic storage bin (no lid) which is placed in the bed of the truck(w/cap). No way in Hell that guy rides up front anymore.

Brian Williams
May 7, 2007, 03:15 PM
My cat keeps peeing on the floor just under my reloading bench. A little ginger spread keeps it away for a few months.

cmidkiff
May 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.midkiff.us/PeachesFluff.jpg

Hard to tell from that photo, but she's about 20" tall, and outweighs my wife's cat by a considerable amount. She can crack coconuts with that beak. Nothing funnier than watching my bird chase the cat around the living room :D

pete f
May 7, 2007, 07:50 PM
I had a cat pee in a gun case, washed it all out, got it nice and clean and she did it again. this time with a .22 sitting in the gun bags as I was g etting ready to go, luckily I found it while it was still wet and not before it had started to rot the metal, which cat pee will do in no time. I washed the gun bag out again, then again, and then put five little mouse traps in it, all set, but under a carefully laid towel. Cat hopped in, screamed like it was in the talons of a hawk and jumped all the way to the top of the bookcase next to it, then out the door in a flash, I reset the traps, and then set some more under a towel in the doorway to the room where all the gun stuff was. About 1 am, another screech and the cat is in our room just shaking, SHe will not go in that room again, if you try to carry her in she goes ballistic. that was four years ago.

gunsmith
May 7, 2007, 09:17 PM
this cat treed a black bear!

http://a731.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01390/03/74/1390684730_m.jpg

Auslander
May 8, 2007, 02:21 PM
Well maybe not that cheap but a good bag. Try the big box hardware store's selection of 'tool' bags. They have several roomy varieties and reasonable price and stout construction.

Keep the old bag. Pee on it your-own-self and leave it in the catís favorite perching/sleeping spot.

:evil:

Dixie_Amazon
May 10, 2007, 07:12 AM
Just let it do itself in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afxcerHayxg

Fish Miner
May 10, 2007, 08:51 AM
I can not belive how many people have posted to this thread. Even my wife thinks it is a little funny. All this support has made me a little less mad at the cat, but I do think I might try the mouse trap idea :evil:

W Turner
May 10, 2007, 12:42 PM
My wife and have had at least one cat since we got married. The worst thing I have ever had a cat pee on was.......ME.

We were living in our first real house as a married couple and my wife came in one day with a beautiful coal black 6 mo. old cat she had adopted. No problem for me as I like cats ok. Fast forward a few months and that 6 month cat is rapidly developing into a monster cat.
One sunny afternoon, I was sitting on the couch reading the paper when the cat was standing at the front door yowling to be let out. I didn't feel like getting up right then so I figured I would wait until I finished the section of the paper I was reading.

He didn't like that.

I continued to ignore him so he jumps on the couch. I noticed this but didn't really think much of it.

A few minutes later I feel a warm spray hit the side of my face. Just as I am starting to wonder what just hit me, I smell the unmistakeable odor of cat pee.

I look up to see him looking back over his shoulder with a gleam in his eye that just screamed "whatcha gonna do about it nancyboy?"

We all got what we wanted....

The cat got let/kicked/punted outside.

I got some stress out via the aforementioned cat football.

My wife got a good laugh out of the whole thing.

W

If you enjoyed reading about "Cat pee and your gun bag..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!