T-shirt I saw today, wonder where to get one!

PDA

Axman
May 5, 2007, 12:32 AM
I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt today with a picture of a revolver on it. When the shirt is tucked into the pants it resembles a handgun tucked into the waistband. I just wondered if anyone seen something like this and if it's available to buy. May be a custom job that I could reproduce using my computer printer and T-shirt transfers.

If you enjoyed reading about "T-shirt I saw today, wonder where to get one!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Unknown User
May 5, 2007, 12:43 AM
It sounds like it was a custom job.

Hoppy590
May 5, 2007, 01:01 AM
sounds like a good way to get yourself shot by a jumpy cop

Axman
May 5, 2007, 01:10 AM
I'd hate to think that someone couldn't tell the difference between a T-shirt and an actual firearm. Especially here in an open carry state like Arizona. It's really no different than that shopping bag with the gun on the handle. I wouldn't recommend wearing something like that in Kalifonica, Ill-annoyed, or Messychusetts.

Lucky
May 5, 2007, 01:10 AM
Give Piece A Chance is funnier though.

Orthonym
May 5, 2007, 01:21 AM
I thought of having some t-shirts printed a while ago, bearing the legend, "Autistic Gun Nut." (See some of my earlier posts)

In light of recent events, I don't think it would be prudent of me to wear something like that where the doodahs could see it.

P.s. Umm I take it that the "Vote from the Rooftops" t-shirt is right out, then?

NCLivingBrit
May 5, 2007, 01:43 AM
That shirt was on TCritic (a blog about cool shirts). Head over there and read back a few entries (or maybe a lot more, I forget) and you should find it!

Hardtarget
May 5, 2007, 01:43 AM
I remember those from several years ago. They were in a catalogue...just don't remember which one.
mark.

CajunBass
May 5, 2007, 02:00 AM
sounds like a good way to get yourself shot by a jumpy cop

Sounds like a way for a "jumpy cop" to spend the rest of his life in jail too. If he's that "jumpy" he better find another line of work.

ryan in maine
May 5, 2007, 02:27 AM
here's another version from my favorite clothing site. link to tucked gun shirt (http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/digitalgravel/the-470/BREAD-strapped-t-dsh-shirt/Detail)

they also have the vest version. link to vest shirt (http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/digitalgravel/the-809/bread-vest-t-dsh-shirt/Detail)

things often sell out very quickly on that site but @ least there's a picture to add to the thread.

bogie
May 5, 2007, 02:31 AM
Gimme a coupla weeks, and I can make some. I am spending WAY too much money this week.

Dixie_Amazon
May 5, 2007, 08:27 AM
Like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Packin-Heat-Funny-T-Shirt-T-Shirt-2XLarge_W0QQitemZ200067162691QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.urbanteez.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=27670&click=11

logical
May 5, 2007, 08:33 AM
Well...if you had any real conviction you'd commit to one of these.
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/a-loaded-tattoo.jpg

Dorryn
May 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
Tell me that isnt you, logical!

Cromlech
May 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
While that might be slightly cheesy, and could land you in trouble, it may also get you out of a scrape, if you are caught unarmed. Well, if the bad guy needs glasses, that is.

jlbraun
May 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
Um... :eek:

That shirt/tattoo will get you shot. The "pistol tucked in waistband" graphic is a symbol of the "Los Pistoles" (?) gang. Read about it a few months ago.

Hoppy590
May 5, 2007, 09:12 PM
I'd hate to think that someone couldn't tell the difference between a T-shirt and an actual firearm. Especially here in an open carry state like Arizona. It's really no different than that shopping bag with the gun on the handle. I wouldn't recommend wearing something like that in Kalifonica, Ill-annoyed, or Messychusetts.

you mean like kids getting shot for holding a candy bar? cause its happened.

Axman
May 5, 2007, 11:35 PM
And anyone that can't tell the difference between a candy bar and a handgun has even bigger problems. Yes, it has happened, and yes someone needs to check the prescription on their glasses once in a while.

tanksoldier
May 5, 2007, 11:41 PM
you mean like kids getting shot for holding a candy bar? cause its happened.

Well, I guess you'll never hold anything in your hands ever again because a jumpy cop might mistake your <whatever> for a gun. Might as well cut them off...

DoubleTapDrew
May 6, 2007, 12:30 AM
Is it safe to carry a 1911 tattoo mexican style in condition 2? :neener:

JLStorm
May 6, 2007, 01:07 AM
Logical....awesome! Just make sure you dont gain any weight or it will look very funny!

Dr.Who
May 6, 2007, 01:12 AM
This "T" Shirt sounds about as stupid as the Tatoo that someone had done on his front that looked like a 1911 being carried it the same fashion. It is a great way to get yourself in trouble or shot.

This is the link: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=267479

trueblue1776
May 6, 2007, 01:25 AM
Logic, is it a super compact?

ha ha ha ha

sparky2726
May 6, 2007, 06:22 AM
interesting Logical, I had several gangbanger inmates when I worked in the prisons with that same tattoo.

Sparky

nipprdog
May 6, 2007, 08:47 AM
:D

NukemJim
May 6, 2007, 09:44 AM
Regarding tattooed guns there was a story of an idiot who had a Jennings tattoed onto him. Very detailed tattoo right down to the correct serial# of the gun. Which turned out to be rather a bit of a bother when he was busted for carrying the gun and he denied that the gun was his.

He did get convicted.

NukemJim

FerFAL
May 6, 2007, 09:48 AM
Yup, all nice ways of giving an excuse to someone that shoots you. Are you willing to risk it against a jury, shown a pic of what it looks like 10-15 yards away and how someone could actually confuse it with a real gun? The tattoo is particularly realistic. I’d understand if someone claims he thought you were armed.
Sorry, I don’t get it. Why risk it? You might as well carry a replica and when cops put 10 pounds of lead in you, you complain. “It’s just a toy!”
Besides, why go around advertising that you are a “gun person”?

FerFAL

Axman
May 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
Once again, I reside in Arizona, which happens to be a legal open carry state after all. So if I decide to open carry that gives someone an excuse to shoot at me? What's the reasoning behind that? No different if it was a T-shirt except one cannot shoot back with a shirt. That is the same reasoning that anti-gunners use when they think that open carry means shootouts in the streets.

GEM
May 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
I saw a pair of shorts that had the image of the crotch of Michaelangelo's statue of David imprint on the crotch of the shorts. The issue was whether wearing that was obscene as it is a great work of art and you could have a replica statue in your front yard.

Thus, wear the shirt with those shorts - that would make a good impression, esp. if the image gun accidentially shoots off your image ...

FerFAL
May 6, 2007, 06:06 PM
Axman wrote:
Once again, I reside in Arizona, which happens to be a legal open carry state after all. So if I decide to open carry that gives someone an excuse to shoot at me? What's the reasoning behind that? No different if it was a T-shirt except one cannot shoot back with a shirt. That is the same reasoning that anti-gunners use when they think that open carry means shootouts in the streets.Itís not about it being legal or not.
Even if legal, why would you want to wear a t-shirt that may cost you a trial after a shootout in front of a jury that is not that knowledgeable about guns?
Why would you want people to consider the possibility of you being armed?
Itís not about being legal or not, itís simply not smart IMO.
You might as well carry a t-shirt that reads ďIím packing heat! Shoot me first ask questions or rob me later!Ē

FerFAL

Axman
May 6, 2007, 07:54 PM
You might as well carry a t-shirt that reads “I’m packing heat! Shoot me first ask questions or rob me later!

This remark is just beyond me because if someone is open carrying it is obvious that they have a gun! I also have a shirt that is covered in the image of $100 bills. Does that mean someone will rob me because I'm obviously carrying large amounts of $100 bills? No, it doesn't, and I also wear my "Gun control is hitting what you're aiming at" shirt, and I even wear it while carrying on occasion and have for a few years. If I was in an auto accident wearing a shirt with a race car on it, would my driving skills be questioned? Personally I have yet to use a carry weapon in the 10 years since I first carried. I hope I never will but I still don't see the point in worrying about which shirt I wish to wear.

FerFAL
May 6, 2007, 11:19 PM
Itís just a personal observation.
Strictly from a strategic point of view, Iíd rather not hint in any way that I may be carrying a weapon. Unlike other kind of t-shirts, only shooters wear t-shirts with inscriptions such as ďI donít dial 911Ē or ďProtected by S&WĒ
Axman wrote:
Personally I have yet to use a carry weapon in the 10 years since I first carried.
You should carry more. Gun rights are like muscles, you loose them if you donít exercise them. ;)

FerFAL

logical
May 7, 2007, 09:25 AM
Tell me that isnt you, logical!

The gun tattoo is not me....sorry if anybody got that impression. I have some...but no guns.

hankdatank1362
May 7, 2007, 09:38 AM
A guy I work with just got a tattoo of two Colt SAAs ? shaped like a "V" directly underneath his naval.

I must say, it looks awesome!!!

GEM
May 7, 2007, 11:14 AM
That depends what 'it' is. I suggest you look elsewhere.

Axman
May 7, 2007, 09:11 PM
FerFAL, I carry about 30% of the time. It depends on the situation. If I make a road trip on my bike it's on me. The short drive to work leaves me unarmed only because there is no place at work where I can safely store my pistol. Mostly I stay at home.

If you enjoyed reading about "T-shirt I saw today, wonder where to get one!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!