Making a Killing

PDA

willbrink
May 5, 2007, 11:01 AM
Anyone read(ing) Making a Killing by Capt (ret) James Ashkroft? He writes of his experience working for Spartan as a private contractor in Iraq. An interesting read. Plenty of contacts and commentary about the situation in general. He’s not very complimentary regarding the “trigger happy yanks” in general either. I can’t speak to its authenticity having never done that job, but I enjoy his writing style and sense of humor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Making a Killing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
willbrink
May 20, 2007, 11:50 AM
PS all, just finished this book. HIGHLY recommended reading. See:

http://www.makingakilling.co.uk/home.html

Nil
May 20, 2007, 11:53 AM
I haven't read the book, but I know 2 people working as private contractors in Afghanistan. They started off making damn near 6 figures for handing out uniforms 12 hours a day. One got bumped up to a supervisor role, so I'm sure he makes a lot more now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Making a Killing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!