rossi 851

PDA

CZ.22
May 5, 2007, 01:31 PM
Rossi M851
Any experience? Buds has them for $235, and I'm looking for a first handgun, and these ones are decntly priced. How durable are they? Can they take the heavier +p loads? How is the finish? Trigger pull? Buds customer service, shipping rates, and ship time? etc etc

If you enjoyed reading about "rossi 851" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ.22
May 5, 2007, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah, does anybody know anything about bullseyegun.com reloaded ammo? How is it in terms of reliabilty?

TonyB
May 6, 2007, 02:45 PM
I have 1 rossi..it's a 461(2" 357)I actually like the finish(shiney blued)You can check their web site to see if it can handle +p's.But most modern 38's are made too do so.Taurus now owns Rossi,so quality has improved.I love my Rossi....I paid $150 for it used.The trigger needed to be pulled a ton to smooth it up.I think Rossi's are alot of bang for your buck.
www.rossiusa.com

vta33
May 6, 2007, 11:24 PM
I bought a Rossi 971 because the 851 is not on the Calif DOJ approved list. That's because Rossi didn't submit one for testing. I'd buy one in a flash if I could. For a bedside gun, you can't beat the price.

My experience with the 971 is that it's very accurate with a fairly smooth single action trigger pull of 5 lbs. I also like the heavy 4" barrel and the sights are good. Another plus is the lifetime warranty. The finish is nice.

According to the Rossi website, the 851 accepts 38 Spec +P ammo.

http://www.rossiusa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=R85104&category=REVOLVER

Bud's service is good and they ship within a day or two of receipt of the signed FFL and payment for the gun. Shipping cost is $25 to your FFL.

If you enjoyed reading about "rossi 851" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!