Firearms Photography

PDA

busy_squirrel
May 6, 2007, 03:25 AM
I'd like to get into this more, (including a better camera) but I'm wondering about reload powders, certain brands of commercial ammo, and muzzle breaks(not to be confused with flash hiders).

Which will tend to "bloom" more, etc.? For some pictures I would like more flame, so which air temps, humidities, etc would be beneficial? I'm new enough to shooting that some of the "common sense" you more experienced folks have, might not seem common enough.:o

I think I've found a great .40S&W commercial ammunition for my 3 inch barrel gun for picture purposes. I'm currently looking for "picturesque" .308 with intentions to shoot it out of 15", 16", and 21" barrels. I'm also looking into various colors of flame for 7.62X54R for firing out of a M38 and an M91.
Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms Photography" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mc223
May 6, 2007, 05:10 AM
A healthy load of 2400 in a 357 revolver, "blooms" nicely.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firearms Photography" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!