Thompson Full-Auto For Rent

PDA

45Broomhandle
May 7, 2007, 12:52 AM
Does anyone else remember the Indianapolis gun dealer who ran VERY dramatic TV ads showing a chattering Chicago Typewriter at work? This guy offered the general public the opportunity to come in to his shop/range and experience firing a classic Thompson in full-auto mode.

I've never seen it mentioned in any of the online forums, or heard it discussed at gun shows. Am I the only one who remembers those ads? (I believe they were aired in the '70s, or '80s) Maybe old age has caused my mind to play tricks on me?

Any Hoosiers out there who recall those eye-popping commercials, or maybe actually visited his shop and shot a full-auto Tommy? I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, ---45Broomhandle

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson Full-Auto For Rent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rasputin747
May 7, 2007, 05:05 PM
Don's guns. He has a website, http://www.donsguns.com/

The Unknown User
May 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ynCsFZ3AS3E

Durruti
May 7, 2007, 05:13 PM
Wow. What an awful example of gun safety.

atomd
May 7, 2007, 05:38 PM
That ad is really creepy. I was at Discount Firearms in Las Vegas last week. They have a full auto Thompson for rent there. $25 to rent it and it comes with 1 full 30rnd mag. You have to pay for any more ammo of course. Their range is GREAT and the people are helpful and friendly too. As a matter of fact, I've seen those for rent at a lot of places. Must be a popular rental item.

News Shooter
May 7, 2007, 05:40 PM
in every ad for thirty years

Justin
May 7, 2007, 05:44 PM
I would never buy anything from Don's Guns.

Bunch of slimy, mouth-breathing miscreants whose prices make MSRP look reasonable.

220_Swift
May 7, 2007, 06:01 PM
Holy smokes, Colonel Sanders is alive and selling guns!

45Broomhandle
May 7, 2007, 06:02 PM
I'm waiting for someplace to open up and rent a choice of Uzis, Schmeisser MP-40s, Stens, Lancasters, .30cal GI M2 carbines, etc., etc.. Now THAT would be neat. A veritable smorgasbord of FA goodies available.

I believe I'll start with the MP-40, with a side of Lancaster, and a Thompson for dessert, thank you...

I can dream, can't I? ---45Broomhandle

tnieto2004
May 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
I got a kick out of that youtube video .. lol .. Never seen that before

Rasputin747
May 7, 2007, 06:14 PM
His commercials are always great. I have a benefit since I get the Indy stations that air them. He always cracks me up. Never been to his store, though.

cmidkiff
May 7, 2007, 06:15 PM
Try http://www.john-ross.net/mg_shoots.htm

Link still works for now, but may not for long. His website is under major reconstruction, but will be back (and much better) soon. In any case, shooting with John (at his rock quarry) is an experience not to be missed :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson Full-Auto For Rent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!