K frame grips

PDA

Walkalong
May 7, 2007, 08:21 AM
I have seen but not handled K frames with larger grips on them. (bigger than the frame) How do these grips compare in size to the grips seen on most L frames? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "K frame grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
May 7, 2007, 10:33 AM
Smith & Wesson's L and K frames take the same stocks, so what fits one fits the other. There are endless styles of stocks on the market, and you can even get them made to fit your particular hand. A set of stocks that fit a particular revolver's frame often don't fit the owner's hand. So the alternatives are offered.

Tyro
May 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
Does anyone offer stock blanks for the K-Frames - i.e. inletted stocks that you can carve yourself?

Walkalong
May 7, 2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks Old Fluff.

dfariswheel
May 7, 2007, 04:25 PM
Tyro:

Not as far as I know.
In the past, there were one or two companies that offered semi-finished grips, but they are long gone.

It's "possible" a company like Hogue or Eagle might sell you a set of inletted blanks, but you'd have to actually call or email them to find out.
Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ala Dan
May 7, 2007, 06:30 PM
I don't of any company that offers partially finished grips~? :scrutiny: :uhoh: ;)

Gator
May 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
Used K/L frame Target grips are still fairly affordable. I've been tempted to pick up a pair and try reshaping them. I'm sure there is a nice set of grips under all that wood, but I'm not so sure I can find it :)

If you enjoyed reading about "K frame grips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!