Fairly good article on women and guns

PDA

FortyCalGlock
May 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
I was surprised to see this come out of the Sentinel, but wonders will never cease.
link (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-gungirls0607may06,0,3985317.story?coll=orl-home-promo)

If you enjoyed reading about "Fairly good article on women and guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pilgrim
May 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
"Men can overpower us," Price said. "You have to have something that's bigger and badder than they are."
So true. So true.

Pilgrim

The Unknown User
May 7, 2007, 05:24 PM
I have to say this is a horrible world we live in if the average women feels as if they need something to protect themselves from the opposite sex. That's absolutely terrible. I can't even imagine how that must feel.

jlbraun
May 7, 2007, 05:37 PM
@Rob87

I don't think that's what she was talking about - protecting herself from all men. What she meant was that if her attacker was a man, she'd rather have a firearm than not.

MrPeter
May 7, 2007, 05:59 PM
Rob, I'm going to have to agree with you on that one. However, I'm not a woman. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that I'm a man. :) I'm 6'4" and 330lbs, enough of it muscle to be apparent. I can hold my own in most situations, but still carry nothing smaller than 40 S&W, 100% of the time.

It's about more than standing up to men, or even standing up to people bigger than you. It's making sure that the good guys have at least an equal shot, if not the upper hand.

These women are preparing themselves for the evil in other people, regardless of size or sex.

Henry Bowman
May 7, 2007, 06:08 PM
"I think it's more important for women with small children to own a gun because you can't run when you have children," she said.Nicely put.

kludge
May 7, 2007, 06:18 PM
+1

Same goes for us dads, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fairly good article on women and guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!