357 round

PDA

colt1911fan
May 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
who makes the best all around .357 mag round and the best target, and the best defense round

If you enjoyed reading about "357 round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
19-3Ben
May 8, 2007, 03:12 PM
The same company that makes "the best" car, dress watch, computer, and everything else.
What "I" personally like:
All around- American Eagle 158gr Soft Point. They shoot VERY consistently, and accurately in my SP101.
Target- I dunno. I buy .357 reloads from these guys. http://www.bulkammo.com/ They are very inexpensive. Consistency is good enough but not great, and they lead the hell out of the barrel. But honestly, at the price, I am ok with it.
Defense- Right now mine is loaded up with Speer 135 gr. Short Barrel Gold Dot Hollow Points. But soon as I use them up, I am going to order a box from Buffalo Bore. I am really impressed with the company.

The Lone Haranguer
May 8, 2007, 07:40 PM
The full power 125-gr. jacketed hollowpoints are supposed to be the most effective defensive round, at the cost of nasty recoil, flash, blast and (in some guns like older S&W K-frames) increased barrel wear. In a four-inch or greater, medium, "medium-large" or large frame revolver they aren't so bad.

glockman19
May 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
In the .357 mag I shoot CCI Blazer 158 grain, Federal Hydra shok 130 grain and Remington 125 grain.

One for SD, one for hunting and one for practice.

Starter52
May 8, 2007, 09:08 PM
+1 for the 125 gr. JHP .357 magnum for a self-defense load. Flash and blast is a bit sharp, but the 125 JHP has a great real-world track record.

I don't like shooting any full-power load in small/medium revolvers. The 125 gr. JHP Remington load is my favorite in the N-frame S&W revolvers.

If you enjoyed reading about "357 round" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!