S&W Model 10-6

PDA

KFISHCAT
May 8, 2007, 02:20 PM
I purchased a smith & wesson model 10-6 over the weekend. The gun is in like new condition no wear to blueing and does not even have a turn ring on the cylinder. I bought it from a widow she said her husband bought it new for a home defense gun but thats all she could tell me. But I have two questions one is the age of the gun the serial number is D789xxx. The other is I did the revolver check out and everything seems fine but when I open the crane the cylinder moves back and forth slightly. Is this normal my Gp100 does not do this but this is my first Smith and I dont know if this is normal? Also I like the feel of this gun way better than my Gp I have not shot it yet but I am sure it will be great the gun is just a natural pointer. Any information would be much welcome. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Model 10-6" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
May 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
Greeting's Sir-

Your S&W model 10-6 was made between 1975-1976, as the S/N range
for that period ran from D750,001 to include D870,000; as per Jim Supica
& Richard Nahas book, "Standard Catalog Of Smith & Wesson" 3rd edition.

pharmer
May 8, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yes KFC, that movement is completely normal with the cylinder open. Joe

KFISHCAT
May 8, 2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all your help
:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Model 10-6" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!