.45 gap

PDA

wes
May 8, 2007, 10:57 PM
Can someone please talk me of the glock model 38 that shoots the 45 gap round?

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 gap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ethereal
May 8, 2007, 10:59 PM
Did you mean tell you about it or talk you out of it?...Or both?

RNB65
May 8, 2007, 11:06 PM
45Gap is a dead cartridge. Don't buy it.

wes
May 8, 2007, 11:21 PM
i meant talk me out of it....the only draw back that i can find is that it's more expensive at the range. I'm in the process of attaining my ccw in ca. The model 38 seems to be a perfect fit for my needs. I already have a full size 1911 but the 38 would be easier to carry.

wes
May 8, 2007, 11:24 PM
and more info wouldn't hurt either

RNB65
May 8, 2007, 11:30 PM
Search the handgun forums for GAP. I think you find that most folks believe it's a solution looking for a problem. With the popularity of .40S&W and the growing number of high capacity .45ACP semi's, 45GAP is most likely destined to become an expensive niche cartridge like the 10mm.

Deer Hunter
May 8, 2007, 11:36 PM
Except the 10mm is good for something.

Ala Dan
May 8, 2007, 11:42 PM
it died a sudden death; look up the word "useless" in the dictionary, and the
.45 GAP's picture will be beside it~! :scrutiny: :eek: ;)

wes
May 9, 2007, 12:01 AM
i need reasons.....reasons to justify why not to buy one other than the uncertanty of availablity/expense of the ammo. For example, are there any ballistic disadvantages?

ArchAngelCD
May 9, 2007, 12:10 AM
45Gap is a dead cartridge. Don't buy it.
It's not as dead as it might seem. For some reason I can't understand the Pennsylvania State Police are going to change over from the Beretta 96 (.40 S&W) to the Glock chambered in .45 GAP. (I'm guessing it's the G37 since it's a duty pistol) They must have gotten a very good deal from Glock. Why else would they decide to buy the .45 GAP over the .45 ACP?

Funny think is, the G21 holds 13 rounds of .45 ACP and the G37 holds only 10 rounds of .45 GAP. Where is the advantage in that?

wes,
The Glock G30 holds 2 additional rounds than the G38 and it's actually smaller. The ammo is cheaper and you have a much wider verity of rounds available to you too. Why would you buy something in .45 GAP?

aubie515
May 9, 2007, 12:15 AM
It is because Glock gave away the 45GAP pistols to the PSP. Their sales were so bad that Glock had to do something. Considering it was the caliber the developed. It's the only contribution Glock has made and it was so well received. HAHA

Take a look at the XDs that are chambered in the 45GAP and you will notice that they are clearancing those pistols. No one should have to talk you into or out of anything. If you sat down and think it through, you will know that it's not going to catch on. And comparing the 45GAP to the 10mm is apples to tomatos. There are plenty of fans of the 10mm that don't need to be given a 10mm pistol.

wes
May 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
the thirty is something i have not yet considered...i will have to go to the range and try one out. Just from the measurements alone i would say that it might work. The only thing that i have a concern about is that in the compact genre of glock pistols the 38 is about as short gripped as I would want. The 30 is even shorter than the 38. It also is shorter as far as the slide goes which I'm not so concerned about. I guess when it all comes down to it, gun selection is a very personal, touchy feely, hands on process.

ugaarguy
May 9, 2007, 02:46 AM
Apparently Ga State Patrol (and all of Ga DPS) got a 'let us use your troopers in ads, and we'll trade you new guns in 45 GAP for your old Glocks in 40 S&W' type deal. No big surprise there - Glock's US headquarters is in Smyrna, Ga, a suburb of Atlanta. I don't see Ga State LE agencies issuing anything but Glocks for a long time to come.

http://dps.georgia.gov/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/62/22/59943705Board_Minutes-May_2006.pdf

Anotherguy
May 9, 2007, 02:47 AM
If you want something in .45, make it ACP.

ArchAngelCD
May 9, 2007, 03:58 AM
wes,
Since the G30 is even shorter than the G38 and they don't make a "compact" model in .45 ACP, are you totally set on a Glock? If not there are other outstanding mid-sized .45 ACP pistols on the market and most are very high quality. S&W's M&P in .45 ACP and Springfield's XD Compact in .45 ACP are just 2. http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=111
Ruger has a few nice .45's too. http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Pistol&subtype=Centerfire%20Autoloading&famlst=1

I'm not trying to push you off Glock but you never said Glock was a done deal, there are other choices.

Seven For Sure
May 9, 2007, 04:10 AM
I agree with all that has been said. The GAP can only approach the ACP with higher pressures. The ACP in +P (which is not an option with the GAP) will blow it away. I have two GLOCK 10mm's and I also agree it's not comparable to the GAP. I only buy DT 10mm for carry and there is an advantage over anything else any GLOCK is chambered for in terms of ballistics.

GLOCK touts the slim frame but they still have the 10mm/.45ACP slide on them with way less capacity. I would stay away. Ammo will get more expensive and you'll have to take a beating if you want to sell it. Holsters can be tricky as well though most made for the 10mm/45ACP will work if it's not kydex. If it is, you will not get the retention they are designed for and they won't fit in one made for the 9mm/.40/357sig GLOCKS.

I suggest a G30 or a G23. Of those, I'd take the 23.

XDKingslayer
May 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
I agree with all that has been said. The GAP can only approach the ACP with higher pressures. The ACP in +P (which is not an option with the GAP) will blow it away.

Wrong. Try again.

Master Blaster
May 9, 2007, 11:53 AM
Buy it dont let us talk you out of it No Siree,

Its the best new cartridge since .357 Magnum.

NOT

possum
May 9, 2007, 12:13 PM
i like the though that went in to and glad there are folks out there making inovatons in weapons and ammo. especially those that give so much consideration to us that are not blessed with big enough hands. it is neat to get a .45 caliber bullet in the same frame size as a 40 s&w and a 9mm, this was a great idea at the time it came out, but now you have guns like the xd .45 that give you 13+1 rds of .45 in a pretty darn good size gun, and fits my hands which again are small, before i had never found a double stack .45acp pistol that fit me but the xd does, so the .45gap isn't even an option now, i wouldn't even wast my time, plus ammo is another factor, it is hard to find for me at least, and expensive when i do find it.

i think it will die out if it already hasn't! i have only found .45gap brass at the range one time. and i continue to see plenty of .45acp, 40s&w, and 9mm and even .357 sig but not as much as the others.

yhtomit
May 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
The smaller-size/similar-ballistics idea for GAP vs. ACP isn't a bad idea -- it's just that certain ideas only get enough strength to be worth pursuing if a lot more people are persuaded of them at once. Network effects!

But, adding to the echo chamber here: the .45GAP would seem like a perfectly nice cartridge ... except for the already extant .45ACP which makes it seem pointless instead, in that recent guns (from Springfield, Taurus, and others, even Glock itself) show that .45ACP can be the basis of guns as handy as ones chambered for .45GAP.

*If* they were the same cost, *and* guns chambered in each were equally common, *and* reloading supplies were all identically priced, well then ... I'd probably still prefer a pistol in .45ACP because that makes for ammo compatibility with around a hundred years' worth of excellent gun. I suspect (hope, at least) that my grandchildren -- I'm not yet started on producing my grandchildren's parents -- will be able to either buy .45ACP easily, or make their own with their home fabricator devices ;)

timothy

wes
May 9, 2007, 02:52 PM
Is there anyone who has one and likes it?

XDKingslayer
May 9, 2007, 03:25 PM
Yes. I have one and I love it.

That's the problem here. 99% of the GAP naysayers have neither shot nor owned one. In fact, that's about the only truthful thing you'll hear about the GAP on this board. And you can do a search on .45GAP and see how many times I've had to correct the people that look down on it without knowledge or experience.

My XD-45LE Tactical is probably the most accurate handgun I've ever owned. Price-wise the ammo should be the same exact price as .45 ACP. If you can't find it in that price range, go elsewhere or have someone order it for you.

I've never had a problem getting .45GAP. In fact, me and a buddy, who owns a .45 ACP and works at a tackle shop that orders our ammo directly from a distributor, always order our ammo at the same time. I've never been 0'd on an order and time after time he's sitting without ammo for his 1911.

I've contemplated getting rid of my GAP for the new XD45, but I can't bring myself to get rid of such and accurate and reliable weapon.

Get it, you won't be disappointed.

hrgrisso
May 9, 2007, 03:59 PM
Here's the shocker, I LOVED IT! I don't know that I'll buy one because I'm even more infatuated with another "niche" cartridge, the .357 Sig. But don't get turned off by the naysayers it's a fun and useful cartridge, if it's what you prefer, go for it!

redactor
May 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'm kind of a .45 ACP snob, but it seems to me that the .45 GAP is a good idea under some specific circumstances... For instance, the new Springfield "EMP," which was designed to be a sort of short-action baby 1911. On paper, we get almost a .45 ACP, but with the benefit of a smaller launcher.

Yes, the ACP will do nearly everything that the GAP will do, only better. However, I think it is a good compromise like comparing the .308 Winchester to .30-06 Springfield.

If Springfield Armory gets the bugs worked out of the EMP and releases it in a .45 GAP, I'll be looking for one. I don't see any reason for me to ever own a 4" or 5" barreled pistol in this chambering, though.

jamarlatt
May 9, 2007, 06:53 PM
I bought a G37 a couple of weeks ago, although I haven't got to shoot it much I really do like it. I was originally going to get the G21 but it did not fit my hand very well. Then I waited for two months for an XD 45LE and I got tired of waiting. Anyway I went with the Glock 37 and I am very pleased.

Seven For Sure
May 9, 2007, 07:34 PM
"Wrong try again".

Very informative post Mr. Kingslayer. If your saying the GAP can beat the ACP +P you're wrong. If your saying the GAP is offered in +P you're wrong again. 45ACP is 21k. 45ACP +P is 23k. 45GAP is 23k. The ACP case is larger. Please expand on why I'm wrong. I'm anxiously awaiting your reply.

Seven For Sure
May 9, 2007, 07:42 PM
Here is something I found interesting:
GAP: http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23978
ACP: http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23969

Here are the exact bullets loaded by Speer in each caliber. 45ACP blows it way. I'm still waiting as to why I'm wrong and should try again. I think I just proved my point with alot more than a three word sentence.

atomd
May 9, 2007, 10:31 PM
There's nothing really wrong with the .45 GAP. I think you're asking the wrong question here. I think the question you need to be asking yourself is why you want one, not why do you not want one. Is it just because of the feel of the pistol you handled that was chambered in .45 GAP? If that's the case you should handle a bunch more pistols and see what other ones you like also. Ballistics are fine, the reliability of that pistol is fine. There's nothing really WRONG with it.

On the other hand, there really is no reason to buy anything in .45 GAP. It seems to offer nothing. Ok, well maybe a VERY minor increase in capacity, but that's about it. The resale value will be horrible if you decide you don't like it one day. The availability and price of the ammo is certainly in question even now in 2007. What's going to happen in 5 years?

wes
May 10, 2007, 06:30 AM
Ok....I went into the local sporting store again to handle the model 38 and other's. I looked at the model 30, model 36, the 45 acp xd, and even a kahr, just to name a few. It's definately a choice between the 30 and the 38 right now.
Just for fun I asked the salesman (not that sales is a great fount of knowledge) about the GAP round and he said that Springfield discontinued making the XD in that caliber. Which definately puts a kink in things if Glock will be the only manufacturer of 45 gap firearms. I even checked on http://www.springfield-armory.com and sure enough, no xd offered in 45 GAP. However they still say the emp will have a 45 GAP version. It will be easier to back out now then after they tool up for it.
The 38 feels like the gun I want, but i'm just having such a hard time with the practicalities of the whole gap sitiuation.

XDKingslayer
May 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
Please expand on why I'm wrong. I'm anxiously awaiting your reply.

I'm not going to spend my afternoon hashing this out for yet another person who knows absolutely nothing about the round. You want to know why you're wrong, educate yourself. Do a search on .45 GAP and read the links that I have posted in those 1,000 threads of this very same nature and you'll see why you are wrong.

It's getting old.

wes
May 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
I think i'm going to go with the Model 30. If GAP is still around and stronger in a couple years i can always buy a model 38 later.

Quiet
May 10, 2007, 09:57 PM
I'm thinking of picking up the .45 GAP in the Glock Model 39.

.45 cailber in a subcompact. :D

wes
May 11, 2007, 12:01 AM
30 it is then...paid for and now i have to wait 10 days

ArchAngelCD
May 11, 2007, 02:26 AM
Quiet,
Why would you buy a Model G39 knowing the .45 GAP round is a failing caliber? Like said in an above post, Springfield released and then dropped their XD in .45 GAP. The ammo is hard to find and you don't have a wide variety to choose from.

You said, ".45 caliber in a subcompact." What wrong with the Model G30 subcompact in .45 ACP or even the Model G36 which is a Slimline Compact in .45 ACP?

GooseGestapo
May 11, 2007, 08:51 AM
Strange that so many think it's dead. Besides PA, and GA troopers going to it, so is SC highway patrol. Last Friday I had a conversation with a SC trooper at the SC State PPC regional at Charleston,SC.
The load they'll carry is the 200gr Speer GoldDot.

My only complaint is that the GAP brass is getting mixed in with my ACP brass and jamming the progressive loader.

45auto
May 11, 2007, 09:13 AM
So are the NY State Troopers.

What's with the State troopers going to GAP.

Glock have a "booth" at a Troopers convention or what. ;)

ATW525
May 11, 2007, 09:21 AM
Just for fun I asked the salesman (not that sales is a great fount of knowledge) about the GAP round and he said that Springfield discontinued making the XD in that caliber. Which definately puts a kink in things if Glock will be the only manufacturer of 45 gap firearms. I even checked on http://www.springfield-armory.com and sure enough, no xd offered in 45 GAP. However they still say the emp will have a 45 GAP version. It will be easier to back out now then after they tool up for it.

I'm looking at SA's website and I see the .45 GAP XD Service and Tactical models still listed. Para Ordnance also has a couple of GAP short framed 1911 style guns out.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the GAP itself, but I don't see myself buying one anytime soon. The only pistol chambered in the cartridge that really appeals to me is the Glock 38, and the fact that it's fat slide won't fit the hundreds of dollars worth of holsters I already have for my Glock 19 is a big deal breaker.

Seven For Sure
May 11, 2007, 05:12 PM
Kingslayer let me hash this out for you. You are wrong if you're saying the GAP can approach the ACP +P. No matter how much you like the round, it will not change that fact.

Quiet
May 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
You said, ".45 caliber in a subcompact." What wrong with the Model G30 subcompact in .45 ACP or even the Model G36 which is a Slimline Compact in .45 ACP?

I have a Glock Model 30. Love it and have carried it for over 4 years.

However, the Glock Model 39 is smaller than the Model 30. And there are times when clothing options/weather have prevented me from carrying my Model 30 due to it's size.

So, for a size option that's in between my Kel-Tec P-32 and Glock Model 30, I've been looking at the Glock Model 39 and Model 27.

mavracer
May 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
people are always trying to invent the wheel so you can buy a new one.if you are ok with 1911 why not just get an officers acp.
ps kingslayer sometimes it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than speak up and remove all doubt.you seem to be the only one that thinks a 45 gap is something other than a 45 acp shortened to 9mm/40 s&w OAL then loaded to 45 acp +p pressure to get standard 45 acp performance this includes glock who advertises it as such:banghead:

wes
May 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
i hate this part.....paying for the gun and then going through the waiting period. It's like sneaking a peak at christmas gifts 10 days before hand and having to wait to play with them.
Isn't the biggest arguement that it's supposed to be some kind of cooling off period. If that arguement held water shouldn't people that own other handguns be exempt from this due to the fact that they already own the means to comit nafarious acts, if so desired, without buying a new gun? I guess that would have made the three thousand page bill one page to long.
Oh I forgot guns are b..bb.bbb.bad

ArchAngelCD
May 12, 2007, 10:42 PM
The 10 day rule is just one rule in a very long list of stupid rules CA has on the books. The Libs will do whatever they can to make it so hard to buy a handgun you will give up trying.

Mad Chemist
May 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
Wes, be thankful you can still buy handguns in Cali.:neener:
Have fun testing your new piece.

Nomad, 2nd
May 12, 2007, 11:38 PM
Same diameter, less powder capacity and you're telling me it's MORE powerful!:scrutiny:

If you want the size... get a .40.

Atleast you will be able to get ammo for it.

slewfoot
May 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
My opinion would be to go with the ACP. I think the GAP is a niche caliber and will fade into oblivion in the near future.

Tom Servo
May 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
Wes, I think you made the right choice in the G30 (even though I'm a Sig/1911 guy myself...).

One thing most people don't take into account when they look at the "price" of a gun is the cost of ammo in the long run. .45ACP is still cheaper for practice ammo, and since the .45GAP appears to be fading, it remains to be seen how widely available it'll still be in 5-10 years. I've already seen it go from "next big thing" to "I think I might have a box of that around here somewhere" in less than a year.

OTOH, I don't see the .45ACP falling out of favor in the next few years. Some folks really like it, and it's seen some use here and there in the armed services :)

However, there's always the wisdom that goes, "carry what you shoot well," and there's a good chance a few people out there will find that some model in .45GAP just fits their hand better than anything else. It's certainly not a bad cartridge at all, but if you do go that route, stock up on ammo now, while it's still available.

tostada
May 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
Yes, the ACP will do nearly everything that the GAP will do, only better. However, I think it is a good compromise like comparing the .308 Winchester to .30-06 Springfield.

Let's analyze that comparison.

The .30-06 (about 7.62x85) was developed in 1906.
The .300 Savage is a shorter .30-06 (about 7.62x46) developed in 1921.
The .308 is a slightly longer .300 Savage (7.62x51) developed in 1954.

Why are the .30-06 and the .308 still popular while there are plenty comparable (or arguably better) cartridges? I'd say it's probably because the army used them extensively. I don't know how many M1 Garands or milsurp .30-06 ammo was made, but I'm sure it's a major factor in why the .30-06 had huge success. Of course .308 is NATO 7.62x51 which is used by the FN FAL, AR-10, and all kinds of other weapons.

Needless to say the .308 has had huge success, but it certainly never actually replaced the .30-06. The .300 Savage has pretty much disappeared.

Now let's look at the .45 ACP to .45 GAP comparison. The .45 ACP is probably second only to 9mm Luger as far as successful handgun cartridges. It has seen plenty use by military and police. The .45 GAP never took off and its only success has been because of Glock basically giving away guns to Georgia, Pennsylvania, and NY State Police.

I don't see any armies adopting the .45 GAP anytime soon. So if you're going to make that kind of comparison, I would compare the .45 GAP to the .300 Savage.

There's nothing wrong with .45 GAP, but there's nothing wrong with a lot of obscure ammo. Get it if you want to ... if you're looking for something different. I hope you reload your own ammo, though.

slewfoot
May 13, 2007, 12:59 PM
I could be wrong but I believe that the Army's next service pistol will be chambered for the 45 ACP which will open more channels for cheap ammo.

Quiet
May 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
I could be wrong but I believe that the Army's next service pistol will be chambered for the 45 ACP which will open more channels for cheap ammo.
Not just the ARMY, but the US Military in general is looking for a .45 ACP handgun to replace the Beretta M-9. The decision for the .45 ACP was due to the superior performance of .45 ACP FMJ rounds over 9x19mm FMJ rounds.

However, Congress has told the different branches that all the branches needs to choose the same pistol.

So, due to design specifications and budgetary concerns, don't expect a new .45 ACP sidearm for the US Military anytime soon. Most likely, in about 10-15 years from now.

tostada
May 13, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'm not going to spend my afternoon hashing this out for yet another person who knows absolutely nothing about the round. You want to know why you're wrong, educate yourself. Do a search on .45 GAP and read the links that I have posted in those 1,000 threads of this very same nature and you'll see why you are wrong.

It's getting old.

Are you high or in some way disabled? Your posts are the very definition of delusional.

You purchased an XD .45 GAP which has been discontinued. I'm sorry about your luck, but do you really have to spew incoherent BS to try and defend your purchase? If you want to lie to yourself that's fine. You, however, are lying to other people which is offensive to the reasonable people here who are responding to you.

It is absurd for you to continue to pretend that the .45 GAP is in some way superior to the .45 ACP. It's the same bullet with less capacity. The only advantage whatsoever is that it is slightly smaller, which is a very marginal benefit seeing as it's the same diameter. The .45 ACP is much more popular, has much more quality ammo available, and .45 ACP +P is much more powerful than .45 GAP.

185-grain .45 GAP (which Speer used to make but has removed from their website) has nearly identical ballistics to 180-grain .40 S&W and 185-grain .45 ACP. They're all about 425 FTLBS and 1025 FPS with 4" BBL (standard pressure .45 ACP usually looks better because it's from a 5" BBL). If you think a .45 ACP is too big, and if you never want to be able to use +P ammo, I still don't see why you'd choose a .45 GAP over a .40 S&W. Just compare a Glock 23 with 13 rounds to a Glock 38 with 8 rounds and a fatter slide and ask yourself why any rational person would want the GAP.

I'm not saying I love the .40 S&W, but it's a good round, and it's a reasonable middle point between the 9mm and .45 ACP, and .40s aren't being discontinued anytime soon. I even think the 357 SIG is a good round that has its place -- maybe not the best investment, but it has its strong points. The GAP compromises power for a minimal size advantage, and it won't be around for long. It's just a bad choice.

Charles S
May 13, 2007, 08:56 PM
My XD-45LE Tactical is probably the most accurate handgun I've ever owned. Price-wise the ammo should be the same exact price as .45 ACP. If you can't find it in that price range, go elsewhere or have someone order it for you.

I've never had a problem getting .45GAP. In fact, me and a buddy, who owns a .45 ACP and works at a tackle shop that orders our ammo directly from a distributor, always order our ammo at the same time. I've never been 0'd on an order and time after time he's sitting without ammo for his 1911.

I take it you either have an exceptional XD or don't own many guns.

In my area the GAP ammo is much more expensive, I find this to be true online also. I considered purchasing a GAP (nice XD at a great price) I was considering ordering the ammo online to save money. I really could not come close to what I pay for 45 acp with the GAP ammo.

I would suggest a different gun store it they don't stock 45 acp ammo. I personally would not shop at a gunstore that did not stock 45 ACP. I can purchase 45 acp at any local gunstore, K-Mart, Wal-Mart and Gander Mountain. I can only find GAP at Gander Mountain and it is expensive.

'm not going to spend my afternoon hashing this out for yet another person who knows absolutely nothing about the round. You want to know why you're wrong, educate yourself. Do a search on .45 GAP and read the links that I have posted in those 1,000 threads of this very same nature and you'll see why you are wrong.

It's getting old.

I believe that is secret code for: I don't have a valid answer.

I have shot one, and it was ok. I found the handling characteristics, accuracy, recoil reminded me of a 40 loaded with heavy bullets. Accuracy was what I would expect from a service gun.

On the other hand, there really is no reason to buy anything in .45 GAP. It seems to offer nothing. Ok, well maybe a VERY minor increase in capacity, but that's about it. The resale value will be horrible if you decide you don't like it one day. The availability and price of the ammo is certainly in question even now in 2007. What's going to happen in 5 years?

Excellent summation of the potential problems with ammo availability.

To me, operating at higher pressures to obtain the same performance level negates many of the advantages of the 45 ACP. I love the fact that I can get great performance at relatively low pressures.

I certainly would not try to talk you out of it, but I would suggest you keep brass and dies. I really see it becoming a caliber of limited availability in the very near future.

wes
May 13, 2007, 09:22 PM
Along with the G30 I also purchased the bladetech ultra concealment iwb holster that allows shirts to tuck (not that I tuck my shirt often outside of church, I work in construction).

Charles S
May 13, 2007, 09:27 PM
Wes, I find that I really like the ability to tuck a shirt with a IWB holster. I really like having that option. IMHO most of the tuckable model of holsters are thinner than their counterparts and that is an advantage also. Great choice in a carry gun.

If you don't already have a good belt get one. A good belt will make the holster even more comfortable and secure. Good luck.

trickyasafox
May 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
i don't think the gap is all that dead. i keep finding more and more 45gap brass in my 45acp scavange hunts

the amounts are still very low, but i used to find 10-12 pieces of gap to every 300-400 acp, now im finding almost a full box.

also there is enough of a market that i can throw 45gap brass up for trade and get some interest. not much again, but it's doing far better than i gave it hope for.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 gap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!