CorBon DPX 38+P stamped "Winchester"?

PDA

Bob79
May 9, 2007, 03:20 PM
Question here, I finally found a box of the Cor Bon .38+P 110gr DPX, and the cases are stamped "Winchester", is this normal?

The bullet looks like a DPX round should, but should it be stamped "Winchester" on the bottom? I thought it would say "CorBon"?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "CorBon DPX 38+P stamped "Winchester"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Futuristic
May 9, 2007, 04:09 PM
I hope someone else has definitive info on this, but I can say that Cor-Bon USED to use Winchester brass.

Back in the day, 15 years ago, Cor-Bon used Winchester brass for all (or almost all) of their loads. They didn't start having brass made with their own headstamp until some years after they started.

As to why they would be using it now, I don't know.

Futuristic

Sundles
May 9, 2007, 06:42 PM
Corbon normally purchases whatever brass they can get the best deal on at the time. Been doing it that way for many years.

Lone_Gunman
May 9, 2007, 07:19 PM
I though Corbon had quit doing that and started having their own name on the brass.

Bob79
May 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
Huh, I guess I may have to call Cor Bon to find out for sure?

When I got home I checked some of the Cor Bon traditional JHP in 110gr 38+P, and it was stamped w/ 2 stars, with a line in between them. Kind of like...*___*, but with the line being centered between the two stars.

hotsauce
May 9, 2007, 11:18 PM
Thats starline brass. Good stuff. Georgia arms uses it for most of their load.

http://www.starlinebrass.com/

Headless
May 10, 2007, 10:25 PM
my boxes of 110gr have 'corbon' stamped on the brass

DB
May 11, 2007, 08:26 PM
I really like CorBon Ammo.... About 3 years ago I bought a box which had Winchester headstamp and was puzzled. I thought sombody at the store might have switched Winchester for the Corbon ammo before I bought the box! I was concerned. I wrote CorBon about it and very promptly received the reply below which made me feel better...

Subject: RE: Winchester Headstamp?
With smaller lots that we run, sometimes we'll use Winchester head stamped brass. We have to purchase brass in quantities of 500,000 to get our head stamp on them and it often takes several months. If we need to make a run or lot of ammo, we will sometimes substitute their brass.

Mike Shovel
Sales Manager
COR-BON/Glaser

Bob79
May 12, 2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the info DB!

Sounds like it's OK then, I shall not worry any more.

If you enjoyed reading about "CorBon DPX 38+P stamped "Winchester"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!