36 or not to 36, that is the question???

PDA

SigfanUSAF
May 9, 2007, 09:17 PM
I would like some opinions please.....
I'm not much of a revolver guy, though working with my dad gunsmithing has me doing pretty much nothing BUT revolvers. On top of that, in the last few months, I've sold almost everything in my collection NOT pertaining to WWII rifles and handguns, ie, just sold 3 ARs last month to purchase a Garand, 03A3, and a decent M1 Carbine.

So, if you had the opportunity to buy a beautiful Model 36-1 at a good price, though it DIDN"T fit your collection, would you?

For some reason I'm tempted.......

If you enjoyed reading about "36 or not to 36, that is the question???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gator
May 9, 2007, 09:39 PM
There was a mint 36 no dash at my local shop recently that I struggled mightily over before deciding to pass. It was $350, which is a good price, but I really had no use for it and thought the $$$ would be better spent elsewhere.

Now, if money was no object I would have grabbed it :rolleyes:

Ala Dan
May 9, 2007, 10:48 PM
Get it, or you may be sorry~!

Harry Paget Flashman
May 9, 2007, 11:33 PM
The 36-1, even with the longer barrel, fits nicely in the front pocket. I retired it in favor of the S&W 342 for CCW. There's a used 36 (no dash) for sale locally for $399.

Anything that catches my eye fits my collection. And the 36-1 is a thing of beauty. Buy it.

Pumpkinheaver
May 9, 2007, 11:39 PM
If it is going for a good price maybe you could turn a profit on it?

earplug
May 9, 2007, 11:59 PM
I get the feeling that people are selling firearms to raise cash due to the economy.
If you don't need somthing, don't buy it. I think better deals are going to be around in the near future for the people with free cash.

Majic
May 10, 2007, 02:15 AM
Nope!! If you have no use for it then why waste your money?

Croyance
May 10, 2007, 02:17 AM
I did get one, based on how nice the trigger pull is. Snubbies now don't have as nice a trigger pull.

jt1
May 10, 2007, 02:29 AM
Buy it, shoot it, keep it or not.

S&W a bargin at any price!

Ala Dan
May 10, 2007, 08:21 AM
I have a NIB Smith & Wesson (old model .38 Special) 60 in the showcase.
This is the exact same weapon as a S&W model 36; but in stainless steel.
One of these UNFIRED, and NIB is rare these days- so I'm asking $499.88
for it if anybody is interested. ;) :D

Simmons Sporting Goods
2001-2nd Ave North
Bessemer, AL 35020
PX: (205) 425-4720

Old Fuff
May 10, 2007, 11:50 AM
Over the years the Old Fuff often bought guns that were not related to his prime interests, to use as trading stock to get others that were. Of course the price had to be "right" in the first place for this too work. He is also smart enough to understand the difference between a collectable and a shooter, although shooters sometime become collectables. Let's take this from a previous post as an example.

I have a NIB Smith & Wesson (old model .38 Special) 60 in the showcase. This is the exact same weapon as a S&W model 36; but in stainless steel. One of these UNFIRED, and NIB is rare these days- so I'm asking $499.88

Lets say that I had a chance to buy a similar revolver for $300.00. While I wasn't particularly interested in a model 60, I'd jump at it. Then later if I sold it for $500.00 or more (which is realistic these days) I'd have a $200.00 profit to use toward something I really wanted.

Deanimator
May 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
Everybody should have either Model 36 or a Detective Special.

I got my 36 "no-dash" via my lawyer. He had a client headed for the graybar inn who wasn't going to need it anymore.

Every time I answer the door, it's in my pocket.

If you enjoyed reading about "36 or not to 36, that is the question???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!