Colt Agent help

PDA

C/O
May 10, 2007, 11:17 PM
I have a chance to get a Colt agent from a friend. Upon looking checking it out I noticed that the forcing cone is in contact with the cylinder face. I am new to colt guns, is this normal for a colt? Other revolvers I have don't do this.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Agent help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jolly Rancher
May 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
Have you checked out the "revolver check-out" at the top of this forum? The cylinder face should not be touching the forcing cone. Pull the trigger to the rear all the way an hold it back. The hammer should be full forward and the cylinder should be locked up tight with no side to side play or cylinder end-shake (movement of the cylinder front to back), but there should be the sightest amount of space between the cylinder and forcing cone. It sounds like this piece has to much end-shake which can bind the cylinder.

wcwhitey
May 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
Not sure what you are saying. Is there no light between the forcing cone and the cylinder or it is binding up and making contact. The Agent is an alloy frame gun that will and does stretch if abused. What I am wondering if it isn't a tight fitting gun (Colts are fitted tight) that may have a carbon ring on the front of the cylinder. My Dad still maintains an original Colt Agent (pencil barrel, small grip) and I after being shot thousands of standard pressure rounds you can barely make daylight thru the cylinder gap. After too many dirty mid range wadcutters the gun has been known to bind up because of the tight tolerances. A good cleaning always fixed it. Bill

C/O
May 12, 2007, 10:10 AM
No it is clean, and there is still no light. You can pull it forward and backward.

wcwhitey
May 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
Give the sticky at the top of this page, it will tell you how to give it a good checking out. Too much play is not good. BIll

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Agent help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!