So much for "preferred guns of gangs"

PDA

Larry Ashcraft
May 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
In this article (http://www.chieftain.com/metro/1178905920/1) from today's Pueblo Chieftain, where 28 gang members were arrested, there's a picture of the eight guns seized down at the bottom of the article.

Looks like a Colt Revolver, a 10-22 with the stock cut off, some antique single shot cut down, a Hi-Point carbine, a couple PGO shotguns, a Hi-Point 9mm, another revolver, and a couple I can't identify.

Not an assault rifle or Barrett 50 in the bunch. What a disappointment!

If you enjoyed reading about "So much for "preferred guns of gangs"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ABTOMAT
May 11, 2007, 02:08 PM
Ah, but there's an evil TEC-9 in there.

kungfuhippie
May 11, 2007, 02:08 PM
That must be the wrong photo. We all know that gangs have AK-47 pistols, sawed off shotguns, uzi's, and glocks:neener:

Big Calhoun
May 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
No Glocks. Hmmm, they must be losing street cred.

ArfinGreebly
May 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
Everybody knows you don't carry your good hardware when you know you're gonna be busted!

They did know they were gonna be busted . . . right?

MattC
May 11, 2007, 02:21 PM
Do those two spots on the upper right chest area of the vest indicate the vest has seen some use?

And this doesn't count--they were in Pueblo, Colorado. That's not a REAL gang. Only the gangs in LA and NY are worth talking about when referring to gun control. Federal gun control laws are not about the majority of the country; they're about a few high-profile cities.

yhtomit
May 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
I think perhaps this is a drug gang inspired by the Society for Creative Anachronism (http://www.sca.org/) They just haven't read the full charter -- can't be *merely* creative; the stuff is supposed to be pre-17th century.

Still, that leaves a wide field to play on -- we don't see enough matchlock drive-bys, really. Perhaps, just as long as we're going to have an unsuccessful policy of vilification and prohibition of certain substances which results in violent struggle for territory, we could encourage them to use dueling pistols at scheduled events, rather than willy-nilly when ordinary folk are likely to be buying their groceries.

But that's just me.

timothy

obxned
May 11, 2007, 02:49 PM
Where are the AKs and ARs and 50 BMGs??????

Larry Ashcraft
May 11, 2007, 02:54 PM
That's not a REAL gang.
Sniff. We can't even do gangs right. ;)

DoubleTapDrew
May 11, 2007, 02:56 PM
I thought gangs used nothing but high powered evil 50 caliber assault machine guns? *pictures a hooptie ghetto sled with a browing M2 mounted to the sunroof with c-clamps*

Ah, but there's an evil TEC-9 in there.
If only all gang members used Tec-9s there would be a lot less gang shootings and a lot more attempted shootings/gun jammings.

Ohio Rifleman
May 11, 2007, 03:36 PM
Geez, these gangbangers must not be raking in much money from the drug trade. Their REAL crime was bubba'ing a precious 10/22! The fiends! :cuss:

Titan6
May 11, 2007, 03:43 PM
IME Tec-9s don't jam. Of course Max effective range is somewhere between the front and back seat of a car. Accidents do happen though.

Sharps-shooter
May 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
I thought gangs used nothing but high powered evil 50 caliber assault machine guns? *pictures a hooptie ghetto sled with a browing M2 mounted to the sunroof with c-clamps*

HA!

D****, B, that S**** is tight!

Mr White
May 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!! That Hi-Point carbine has a BARREL SHROUD!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

So I'm assuming all of these SBWs are registered and have the proper NFA stamps, because criminals would never break gun laws.

alucard0822
May 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
So much for "preferred guns of gangs"

The most "preferred gang guns" are whatever they can get a hold of, preferably what they can stuff under a jacket.
The least "preferred gang guns" are ones that intended victims have. simple as that.

AndyC
May 11, 2007, 09:01 PM
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!! That Hi-Point carbine has a BARREL SHROUD!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
Are you sure? Looked to me like it's a shoulder-thing that goes up... ;)

The Deer Hunter
May 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
Ahh yes, but the sawed off "gauge" is pretty typical of what you would see when your talking about sawed offs.

But just because they dont call pump actions sawed offs.

Are you sure? Looked to me like it's a shoulder-thing that goes up...

boredelmo
May 11, 2007, 09:27 PM
Actually guys, i think thats a tec-22.

Crunker1337
May 11, 2007, 09:52 PM
It's either a TEC-22 or a TEC-DC9 Mini or an AB-10. Can't tell from the picture.

MikeG
May 11, 2007, 10:13 PM
I guess that's as good as it gets in Pueblo or Colorado Springs. Now, when they get called up to the Major Leagues in the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Denver, they get the good stuff.

tostada
May 11, 2007, 11:57 PM
Why does the article say "eight guns" then show a picture of ten guns?

95% of the time I read an article that relates to anything I have any knowledge of whatsoever, the article is always riddled with blatant errors. There are no fact checkers. They're just trying to scare people and sell ad space.

Geronimo45
May 12, 2007, 12:15 AM
Gang? What gang? At the mall I protect, we regularly have Chechen gangsters toting selective-fire AK-74s and 47s. Then there's the Panamanian drug dealers - I've seen everything from M2 Carbines to FN SCARs with them. Not three weeks ago, one of them brought in a Bren gun.
Real gangs - this is the equivalent of a bunch of kids with an 'arsenal' of cap guns. Mall security experts like myself know that the real gangs are toting full-autos.

P.S. With my secret NSA connections, I was able to find out that there was a large shipment of Stechkin machine pistols smuggled into the country a month ago. Don't forget to duct-tape an extra trauma plate next time you head to the mall!

mrsig
May 12, 2007, 12:40 AM
The TEC is a plant the picture shows 10 guns, but the caption says that 8 were confiscated. I wonder what the other plant is?

- Sig

PercyShelley
May 12, 2007, 04:16 AM
originally posted by DoubleTapDrew

If only all gang members used Tec-9s there would be a lot less gang shootings and a lot more attempted shootings/gun jammings.

SNORT

originally posted by MikeG

I guess that's as good as it gets in Pueblo or Colorado Springs. Now, when they get called up to the Major Leagues in the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Denver, they get the good stuff.

Well, I ain't so happy with Denver, but the only people's Republic hereabouts is Boulder.

Dorryn
May 12, 2007, 08:38 AM
That's not a REAL gang. Only the gangs in LA and NY are worth talking about when referring to gun control.

Actually, we have more gangs in Buffalo than in NYC... smaller ones that fight and shoot each other over a few blocks, like the "Rollin 20's" and other such morons. No Bloods and Crips to monopolize drive-bys and other nefarious doings.

Thanks for the reminder, Geronimo! I wont visit the mall without my tactical wheelbarrow!

CDignition
May 12, 2007, 09:59 AM
Here in Manatee county Florida, we have 33 Known Hispanic gangs...they shoot each other all the time, in one small area of the county(mostly)...they just had a shootout on the beach at easter..turns out easter is "Gang Day" at the beach...LE knows this and does nothing.

alucard0822
May 12, 2007, 10:32 AM
Well it just goes to show you what Colorado's lax gun control does, gangs, guns and all. Now about 20 miles away from here in DC with their total ban on guns it is a perfect Utopia.:rolleyes:

This just helps to prove the stupidity of gun control. For us law abiding folk we have to jump through months worth of hoops and $200 stamps to have an SBR or sawed off, criminals just use a saw. You should see the gang gun pics they show on the local news, truck loads of everything from homemade zip guns to full auto light machine guns. And all in a place where it is illegal (hopefully not for long) for you or I to have an assembled firearm. I am beginning to think criminals really don't care to follow gun laws:rolleyes:

Teufelhunden
May 12, 2007, 10:45 AM
Do those two spots on the upper right chest area of the vest indicate the vest has seen some use?

Maybe a used police vest-or tested at close range? It appears to be two shots; and I'm not saying NO gang members can shoot, but those holes are awfully close together...

95% of the time I read an article that relates to anything I have any knowledge of whatsoever, the article is always riddled with blatant errors. There are no fact checkers. They're just trying to scare people and sell ad space.

I've noticed the same thing, which makes me extremely attentive when I'm watching a story on something I'm not terribly familiar with. I figure all of the same errors are there, I'm just less familiar with the topic. Stuff like that makes me worry about people who take what they see on the news as gospel--and it's not always dumb people...

-Teuf

JAG2955
May 12, 2007, 11:20 AM
I smell a fish......claiming 8 guns, but showing a picture of ten.....

Zen21Tao
May 12, 2007, 04:21 PM
Where are the AKs and ARs and 50 BMGs??????

... yes, where are the Ak47s, SKSs and AR15s. Aren't those supposed to be "preferred weapons" of gangs too? That's what the antis keep saying and we know they have no reason to lie to us, right? :scrutiny:

The Deer Hunter
May 12, 2007, 04:29 PM
Gang? What gang? At the mall I protect, we regularly have Chechen gangsters toting selective-fire AK-74s and 47s. Then there's the Panamanian drug dealers - I've seen everything from M2 Carbines to FN SCARs with them. Not three weeks ago, one of them brought in a Bren gun.
Real gangs - this is the equivalent of a bunch of kids with an 'arsenal' of cap guns. Mall security experts like myself know that the real gangs are toting full-autos.

P.S. With my secret NSA connections, I was able to find out that there was a large shipment of Stechkin machine pistols smuggled into the country a month ago. Don't forget to duct-tape an extra trauma plate next time you head to the mall!

Oh. Dear. God.

:D

Brother in Arms
May 12, 2007, 10:32 PM
Can anyone identify all of those firearsm?

So far I can see a

Sterling Semi-auto pistol
Tect-22 probably but it is hard to tell by the pic
Mossberg 590
Remington 870
Hi-point carbine
10-22

not sure on the revolvers...but like most gangstas they use what they can get crap or not.

I once saw some pictures of guns captured from gansters in the 1980s and they had a couple tokarevs.

Brother in Arms

alucard0822
May 13, 2007, 07:30 AM
sounds like a job for Gecko45:D

there is no gang on the planet that can comapre with the coordinated human wave attacks of those serbian soccer hooligans.:what:

Titan6
May 13, 2007, 11:10 AM
I was at a gunshow last week and the local LEOs were there recruiting. We chatted for a while and he whispered in conspiratal tones that over a dozen ARs had been sold that day. Curious I asked how this was a problem and he said that he thought resellers were buying them for gangs in his city. I asked if there had been a lot of them used in crimes and he gave me a funny look and stopped talking to me. Oh well....

Jomax
May 13, 2007, 11:13 AM
Looks like a Colt Revolver, a 10-22 with the stock cut off, some antique single shot cut down, a Hi-Point carbine, a couple PGO shotguns, a Hi-Point 9mm, another revolver, and a couple I can't identify.

Booty from an earlier pawn shop robbery perhaps?

stellarpod
May 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
And where is that inherently-evil S&W 500 Magnum revolver that was going to be the "gun of choice" a couple of years ago... :rolleyes:

"Where is the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM?"

:D :D :D

stellarpod

If you enjoyed reading about "So much for "preferred guns of gangs"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!