Chino's gun in West Side Story

PDA

CZ.22
May 11, 2007, 05:46 PM
Just finished this moivie in musical theatre class, and the guy Chino shot Tony with a revolver that looked like a nickled M&P. Anybody know what it was?

If you enjoyed reading about "Chino's gun in West Side Story" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TonyB
May 11, 2007, 06:44 PM
All I know is...when you're jet,you're a jet all the way......:uhoh:
I once knew a girl named Maria.......ok I'll stop now:evil:

DrLaw
May 11, 2007, 07:04 PM
:confused: Never gave that one any thought, but I do recall a film where everybody was wearing single-shot flintlock and percussion pistols in holsters (a film where the hero was Jim Bowie), including the leading lady.

Also saw a John Wayne film where they all had Colt SAA's in the 1860's Civil War.

I guess it gets to you "... from your first cigarette to your last dying day."

(Couldn't resist :evil: )

The Doc is out now. :cool:

perpster
May 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
A Smith & Westside?

Eightball
May 11, 2007, 09:27 PM
A Smith & Westside?Ba-dum-dum *ching*!

Nice. It's been a while since I've seen that movie, but y'all've gotten me to thinkin......

Serpico
May 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
Can you imagine yelling Maria at the top of your lungs through the streets of Spanish Harlem and only one girl comes to the window?

MikePGS
May 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
Can you imagine yelling Maria at the top of your lungs through the streets of Spanish Harlem and only one girl comes to the window?
LOL! I mean... thats wrong :)

TonyB
May 12, 2007, 06:11 AM
OK,I looked on the site for themovie,and there's a pix of Maria holding a gun,but not one of chino....can't tell,but it may be a mod. 10....(Que the music and dancing,and finger snapping)
I'm afraid this may start another thread...."Which caliber for singing gang members?"

obxned
May 12, 2007, 06:33 AM
Would be more correct for him to be using a zip gun.

Frandy
May 12, 2007, 08:03 AM
I know.

It was a Penn State track and field starter pistol...

I played Chino in a college stage production, way back before you were born. My role was obviously small compared to the main characters, but I wasn't stupid. So, instead of the plastic revolver in my hand and a single hit of a snare drum from the orchestra to announce my shot, I asked the director if I could do something a bit more dramatic. He agreed.

The athletic department allowed me to borrow the starter pistol. We never fired it during rehearsals, but when I shot it during the actual performances, it was freakin' loud and really got the attention of the audience.

I got me my fifteen minutes of instant fame! :evil:

massad ayoob
May 12, 2007, 08:33 AM
If memory serves, it was a Colt Police Positive.

TonyB
May 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
Frandy: a buddy was in a play a while back and there was a shooting scene...he used a real revolver and shot primer only.....it got the whole audiance to jump....pretty loud inside....I laughed out loud.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chino's gun in West Side Story" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!