do they make guns that look like cell phones?

PDA

cajun47
May 13, 2007, 11:47 PM
good idea?

If you enjoyed reading about "do they make guns that look like cell phones?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MP Sniper
May 13, 2007, 11:49 PM
yes they do, .22, 4 shots, you push the buttons to fire

Edit: found it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1hJvZ48oKM8

CNYCacher
May 13, 2007, 11:51 PM
I have seen a "gun" that looked like a 1995 cell phone. It loaded 4 .22LR cartridges in 4 separate chambers and each was fired with the push of a different button.

I think it's a bad idea. 95% of the people out there are going to think you made it for shooting cops by surprise.

The video roamed around the net for many years, I believe the general consensus is that no one knows where the video originated, nor does anyone know of a single instance where a crime was committed using sucha device.

Jim K
May 13, 2007, 11:54 PM
I am not aware of any guns that look like cell phones, but holsters have been made that look like cell phone carrying cases. The ones I have seen would pass OK unless you had to go through a metal detector.

Jim

pcosmar
May 13, 2007, 11:58 PM
good idea?
Bad idea. Hard to aim well.
I think it's a bad idea. 95% of the people out there are going to think you made it for shooting cops by surprise.
Cops already shoot people for Cellphones, TV remotes, and coffee cups.
Anything that can be a "perceived threat".

shotgunkevin
May 14, 2007, 12:02 AM
Good idea. I suppose they could lend themselves to a surprise counterattack. But I'm pretty sure they're regulated by the ATF, or maybe even outlawed completely.

ABTOMAT
May 14, 2007, 12:15 AM
Last I heard a couple were seized from folks coming over from Eastern Europe. Not sure if they were criminals or dealers, I forget.

Cellphone guns would be classified as gadget guns, and therefore in the Destructive Device vein.

AR-15 Rep
May 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
Yes, there are, I am sure they have such a device. Let's put it this way, if they can make a pen type then a cell phone is definately possible. However it would be highly illegal, just like the pen guns but I am sure some people in some govt office.... have them along with a few other toys if you know what I mean.
P.S. the cell phone part works as well.

Nomad, 2nd
May 14, 2007, 03:08 AM
Not illegal, just a AOW, and regulated.

Dionysusigma
May 14, 2007, 04:32 AM
Cell phones these days are too small for really any cartridge to be fired from them.

Seems, though, that this would be a good instance for when a laser might actually be useful on a firearm.

Belgiboy
May 14, 2007, 05:05 AM
Sign me up for a motorola with a picatinny rail and rosewood grips.

DeltaGunner
May 14, 2007, 05:39 AM
they make zip gun style canes, why not zip phones?..............

If you enjoyed reading about "do they make guns that look like cell phones?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!