Iver Johnson TP22

PDA

Rodgerp
May 14, 2007, 10:47 AM
I stumbled across one of these on consignment while killing some time.
Box and papers and in very good condition. $99.00
I did a search on it. Ala Dan, it had to be made very close to the same time as the one you lost a few years ago.
My serial # is AE 380XXX (I can't remember the exact number right now)
It seems that e-gunparts has most of the parts in stock.

On extra magazines: I have a Sterling .22 that I was given. It will not extract consistently. I've tried all kinds of rememedies to no avail.
So, I realize that the IJ and Sterling mags are close in size.
I was able to modify the base of the sterling mag to fit and function in my new to me IJ.:D :D

I fired six rounds before I bought it just to function check. I'll try to get to the range in a day or so.

Rodger

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson TP22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
raghorn
May 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
I picked one up about a year ago. No ejection or feed problems with it; however, it's got a light hammer strike and is finicky as to which brands will fire consistently on every pull. I sure do like it though.

Shear_stress
May 14, 2007, 11:49 AM
I just picked up another TP22 recently (serial number AE379XX) in an unsuccessful attempt to satisfy my addiction to small .22 LR pistols. I like these guns. In my experience, the TP22s are prone to light strikes when dirty, but keep them clean and they will run fine with quality, high-velocity ammo (mine prefers CCI Mini-Mags). As part of a preemptive effort to improve reliability, I polished some rough machining on the firing pin and hammer strut. So far so good.

Yours should provide years of fun plinking.

351 WINCHESTER
May 14, 2007, 11:39 PM
I had a walther (American) tph .22. It had a rough chamber and once it was polished it worked fine, but only with stingers.

Ala Dan
May 15, 2007, 10:06 AM
The Iver Johnson TP-22 was a very nice weapon~! ;)

HOLY COW~!
The weapon, box, and doc's for $99~!

I would call that a bargain, as those extra magazines (brand new)
would probably cost close to that amount.

GRAB IT, WHILE YOU CAN~! Enjoy~!

By the way, the serial number on the firearm that was taken during my wifes violent carjacking was AE 23221; with Bessemer (AL) PD holding the stolen report.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson TP22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!