I'm getting a printer...

PDA

bogie
May 15, 2007, 01:22 AM
...that is capable of printing on vinyl and die-cutting the vinyl into stickers.

Do y'all see where I'm going?

I'm going to order a roll of "nonpermanent" vinyl, and a few stamps.

Now, go into "guerilla" mode - where would you want to send a message? School's pretty much out, but there are other "gun free zones" that need enlightenment.

It's up to a coupla-three of you guys to have the ideas. Must be simple, visual, and understandable at a glance. Think "nice themes." Safety. Children. All that fun stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm getting a printer..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Son of Sam
May 15, 2007, 02:23 AM
Non-permanent vinyl and a few stamps? Nope. I'm stumped.

Where ARE you going with this?

Sage of Seattle
May 15, 2007, 02:42 AM
I believe bogie is asking for pithy, catchy statements one could make into... I dunno.... stickers to um... stick on .... stuff and things.

JLStorm
May 15, 2007, 02:43 AM
There are limitless applications...however...nice and happy dont get points accross on small images easily. I think it would be funny to make a bunch in the dimensions of the standard "gun free zone" signs and have them say Child Safety with the big red circle and line through it. Then stick them to the gun free zones lol. They would peel off easily so there is no vandalism, but it would get notice.

physics
May 15, 2007, 02:57 AM
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=271110

Can you do this?

bogie
May 15, 2007, 11:17 AM
Stormish, good idea...

Yeah, but Oleg's images are Oleg's images...

I also woke up about 4:00 am, and was thinking of a soccer ball, with a .38 superimposed ("security mom").

When I get the things set up (this afternoon), and for the next week, I'm going to need to run some tests.

I figure I could make a few things to send out.

"Gun Free = Safety Free" is another I thought of...

Neo-Luddite
May 15, 2007, 11:41 AM
Bogie--I used to be in that line of work. That gear is NOT cheap and the vinyl and ink cost some $$$, too.

If you are going that far--go small scale magnet backed (like business card size).

A magnet will have more lives than a cat--it is viewed as a 'value' object. Even one with a 'disagreeable' message will get passed on to a fridge or file cabinet (or vehicle).

It is also usually not considered an act of vandalism to leave on on a fixed object. The temporary vinyl comes off with heat (heat gun or good blow dryer) but may tick people off. And you can of course use the same 4 color printer and buy the magnet substraight for it.

Just a thought--I miss having access to that type of propaganda gear--it was big fun sometimes.

wally
May 15, 2007, 12:05 PM
"I'd rather go on a hunt with Dick Cheney, than for a ride with Ted Kennedy!"

--wally.

TheDisturbed1
May 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
haha wally, how ironic that I have that bumper-sticker!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/disturbed001/CHENEYKENNEDY.png
While i was in the folder... i had to dig this up:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/disturbed001/AK-TerroristHunting-1.jpg
^issued for the A-10 crew of the 90th Fighter Sq. (might not be 90th)
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/disturbed001/IWACKIHUNT-1.png

230RN
May 15, 2007, 12:19 PM
Black Belt In Kung - .45

strat81
May 15, 2007, 12:25 PM
Bogie, by non-permanent, do you mean window-cling (static-cling) stickers? If so, I'd buy a few from you depending on what you printed. I wanted to get some of helpless' "Molon Labe" decals, but I'm not putting any adhesive stickers on my car.

bogie
May 15, 2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks - I'm still on learning curve.

When I get a few of the things printed, whatever we decide on, I'm just gonna need some addresses. These won't be for sale.

May see if anyone makes some "post-it" like material...

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm getting a printer..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!