XD Tactical or Service

PDA

Ghostrider_23
May 15, 2007, 02:43 PM
I want to get another 9mm XD, I have a 9mm XD sub-compact and want to stick witht the same frame platform. I am torn between the Service model and the Tactical model. Has anyone shot both of them and can offer some advise as to which direction I should go in.

Besides length, what is the difference between the two. Pro.s & Con.s

If you enjoyed reading about "XD Tactical or Service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
legion3
May 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
nothing wrong with either both are great guns but I prefer the Tactical, at one time I had all three...compact, service and tactical...now I have the tactical...

Chem Geek
May 15, 2007, 05:22 PM
Since you already have a sub-compact, go to the other end of the spectrum, the tactical. :)

Walkalong
May 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
Well, I got out voted. Maybe I am wrong....Nah :)

jeff-10
May 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
I'm looking for a tactical myself so I voted for it. :/ What would be a fair price for a NIB one?

Ala Dan
May 16, 2007, 02:34 PM
You state that you already own a 3" sub-compact 9m/m Springer XD,
so I don't think adding one inch of barrel would be a wise choice. It
would make more sense to me for you too buy the 5" "tactical model".
I have shot one of these 5 incher's before, and they are extremely
accurate. I think it was one of the very first 5" 9m/m tactical models
too hit the shelves; but it was not a stock firearm. Someone had
replaced the front sight, with a Tru-Glo (RED) fiber optic sight. :scrutiny: ;)

FWIW, when it came my time to buy a Springer - I opted for the
4" service model (full size) XD-.45 ACP; but I haven't (and most
likely won't) change the sights.

AZGlock13
May 16, 2007, 03:24 PM
My vote goes to the Tactical model as well. I wouldn't mind picking up a XD9 Tactical myself someday.

wally
May 16, 2007, 04:57 PM
I voted Tactical, it'll have the most contrast with your compact, and the longer sight radius really helps at the range. The extra weight up front really helps followup shots too.

--wally.

possum
May 19, 2007, 01:18 AM
go for the tactical model, though my sc is my favorite xd and since you want another one than i would definetly go with the tactical model for reasons that were posted above.

kansas45
May 19, 2007, 09:31 AM
I own a XD45 Tactical & an XD45 Service. I would be hard pressed to decide between the two, but I would probably lean towards the Tactical, just because of the longer barrell.

aubie515
May 19, 2007, 12:49 PM
To me, there isn't a difference in accuracy between the Tactical over the Service. Two of my friends own the Tactical and I own the Service...all three pistols shoot very well for me. If you ever want to carry, I'd go Service.

Guncrazy45
May 19, 2007, 12:51 PM
I've got both (in .45ACP).

And I still can't make up my mind :-).

If you enjoyed reading about "XD Tactical or Service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!