Any other Vegetarian Gun Nuts on here?

PDA

brookstexas
June 20, 2003, 11:41 PM
Ok, I'm a Vegetarian, non-hunting, gun carrying Second Amendment advocate. I know at least three more, any on this board?
BT

If you enjoyed reading about "Any other Vegetarian Gun Nuts on here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
June 20, 2003, 11:57 PM
I've been a vegetarian since 1975.

I don't hunt or fish but I have no problem with others doing it ethically and humanely.

The weird thing is I'm very conservative / libertarian and I don't
push my values on other folks.

Yes I'm a gun nut, carry for self defense have a Curio and relics license.

If it came down to a me vs the animal or life or death food situation the animal would be sacrificed.

Freedspeak
June 20, 2003, 11:57 PM
Actually I know a Vegan that shoots clays and skeet.

He also cleans out any humas and pita we have in the house when he comes over! ;)

(question to vegans and veg's) Why are you always so hungry?

Shmackey
June 21, 2003, 12:00 AM
Count me in.

gunsmith
June 21, 2003, 12:25 AM
now I eat fish and some fowl...my girlfriend wants me to
take up hunting so she can use some of her javalina recipe's
but I find it very difficult to shoot anything thats not a threat.
I was shopping in the big veggie health food store here in frisco called "rainbow" getting organic veggies,rice milk,seaweed,organic trail mix,tofu etc wearing a NRA hat
you should have seen the scowling and dirty looks!
one guy asked me if I was "really" in the NRA and if so why was I shopping here? I said "I don't need to shoot animals,they don't piss me off" (he had no more questions) ....if a bear was charging me and did not run from
the warning shot,I would not hesitate to shoot,I might hesitate to shoot a dog cause I had a big scary rottie mix and the dogs dont scare me much...I have worked in health food stores and
organic farms and I love using the "new age mumbo jumbo"
to prove that guns are a spiritual neccessity........
EVERY vegetarian needs to read this!
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/tao.asp

cordex
June 21, 2003, 12:28 AM
if a bear was charging me and did not run from the warning shot,I would not hesitate to shoot
"Warning shot" for a charging bear?

I'll be having coffee with one in about fourty-five minutes. New to gun ownership, but he's been a vegie-burger for a while.

Meow
June 21, 2003, 12:39 AM
Here!
Carnivore: Old Native American Term for "Unskilled Farmer"

No, I'm not a New Ager, I'm a "Bible Thumping Vegitarian"

Wildalaska
June 21, 2003, 01:00 AM
Hi I am semi veg, eat lots of Tofu and other odd stuff (to western palates at least)...

WilddriedsquidAlaska

only1asterisk
June 21, 2003, 01:52 AM
While I am omnivorous, I have converted a few veggites! (to gun owners, not meat eaters) But what does diet have to do with guns?

Dave

Don Gwinn
June 21, 2003, 02:04 AM
Couldn't tell ya. I suppose I can understand how a man could come around to vegetarianism, but eating tofu?
On purpose?

:neener:

Tamara
June 21, 2003, 02:05 AM
I always thought vegetables were what food ate.

But what does diet have to do with guns?

Good point.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any other Vegetarian Gun Nuts on here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!